1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq on his time at LSU: "they paid very well"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Commodore, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Full Shaq quote on his time at LSU: &quot;Yes, they paid very well. Statute of limitations is up. I can talk about it...That’s right baby, LSU.”</p>&mdash; Baxter Holmes (@BaxterHolmes) <a href="https://twitter.com/BaxterHolmes/status/692047648673497088">January 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Shaq wants his son to play @ LSU: “You can probably get a house, you can get 2 cars. I’ll set it up for you. I know some people down there.&quot;</p>&mdash; Baxter Holmes (@BaxterHolmes) <a href="https://twitter.com/BaxterHolmes/status/691832393238515712">January 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I'm not mad at him for saying it. Everyone knows this happens at all the big colleges.

I remember Rashard Lewis getting recruited heavily from College Teams b4 he declared to go pro. He was riding in a brand new Navigator on 20 inch rims in HS.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Was this on TNT?

Rocket River

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

Not 100% related, but y'all think his sons have a chance in the NBA?

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Yeah his son Shareef is like Durant / Davis combo style of player.

The versatile 2018 power forward broke down what he knows and likes about the schools which have offered him.

"I have offers from Baylor, LSU, UCLA, USC and Kansas State," O'Neal said.

Baylor: "I like how they play. I haven't visited them but after I got my offer I did some research and I like how they play."
    LSU: "I'm going on a visit there this year with my dad. I talked to him about it and he said that I don't have to follow his footsteps and go to LSU if I don't want to."

UCLA: "I like UCLA. I went on a visit there and the coaching staff is really nice. I like how they play and I like their location."

USC: "I visited there too and the campus is awesome, the basketball teams awesome and the coaches are awesome too."

Kansas State: "I haven't visited them or done enough research but I'm looking forward to doing that."

O'Neal is hoping to hear from some other programs as well.

"I like Arizona but I haven't been offered by them. I just recently got a letter from them though," he said. "I'd like to hear from Arizona, Duke, Kentucky and all the top schools."

As of now, O'Neal is in no rush to make a decision.

"I'm probably not making my decision until my senior year," he said. "I need to find the school that's best for me."

6. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Everyone knows it goes on for college basketball/football, it's common knowledge. Barkley openly talks about it on TNT.

I've always been a proponent of paying college players based on demand anyway.

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'd pay whatever this man wants to come to my school too.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YvGpXSApZT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Such a shame he wasn't on the DREAM TEAM.

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Some people just love the attention and need to be in media spotlight.