1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shake it off and get ready for the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rua2006, Apr 15, 2009.

1. rua2006

rua2006 Member

I don't start threads often, but I started this one because I think we need to shake this frustration off pretty soon as a fanbase so we can support our team. Usually, after a bad loss, the board complains either for the next week or until we win. But there isn't a game until the playoffs, so we need to do something we don't usually do, and that is to magically turn our moods from "find every fault in our team" to "assess things for what they are, and support the hell out of our team".

This last night has been disappointing, certainly. But we shouldn't complain our way into this weekend. It's the playoffs. Even if we don't have home court, we're playing the team we match up best against (according to the majority opinion of the board over the last few weeks), and our number one goal is to win that first round series. Wherever we go after that is not too relevant right now, so the fact that we're playing Portland should rub some of this sting off. They needed a miracle shot (two, actually) to beat us once, and we've changed big time since then. We can win this series, even on the road. Think about that, if anything.