1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Several Days in Tel Aviv

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bobmarley, Jul 13, 2016.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Staying in Tel Aviv for about 9 days in September. Anyone ever been? And anyone have any recommendations for things to do and see? This is specifically Tel Aviv related. I have already done tours of Israel before.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Stay away from crowded areas

3. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Practice your beach tennis game.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I was only there two days, and did day trips out of there both days, but I do remember there being a lot of really great restaurant options. Wish I had time to go back to hit the bars/clubs one day.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

challenge nate robinson to game of 1-on-1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dysjeppt5nI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-77ysHsMpeA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Tel Aviv is a very progressive city and is actually very safe. It is safer than Houston or Dallas.

Don't be afraid of military with guns - they are very friendly. Only the most devout sects of the Jews will be rude..and they are small in #'s and typically don't live in Tel Aviv.

I get there is concern about Palestinians trying to stab people, but that is very very remote possibility in Tel Aviv. Most likely to occur in smaller cities or even Jerusalem.

Have fun

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Nachalat Benyamin (the artists market), Carmel Market, and Jaffa old town

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Tel Aviv and Istanbul have been high on my list of places to travel in which Ive known to be safe but with so much going on in the middle east, Id rather wait to visit. There was a bus bombing just a couple of months ago there and then of course the airport incident in Istanbul.

I would still try to avoid crowds, but then again I try to avoid crowds here in the states just cause I dont like them.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Go to the beach. Swim. Relax.