1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seahawks interested in Duane Brown?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaBeard, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Congratulations. You and Bobby have something in common.

[​IMG]

2. csj

csj Member

I don't tell fans what to think, that's your entitlement. I don't believe the game includes contracts, labor agreements, and money so fans of the game don't concern themselves with that. You clearly feel otherwise. A player shows up or he doesn't. When a player doesn't show, fans of the game/team should not support him.

As far as me "trying to escalate this", what is "this" you refer to? You've seen fit to tell people how they should think and now accuse me of "escalation" merely because I respond each time you try to deflect. This is a forum, you are free to comment but not free to complain when others respond. It's your right to take the side of players, which you are clearly doing despite your denials, and it's your right to cast owners as the villains. It doesn't mean you are right.

3. csj

csj Member

What a great contribution you've made to the forum. Can't defend your position, throw a tantrum. Well done.

Houstunna and Bobbythegreat like this.
  4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Good luck with that mindset... have fun continuing this circle-jerk of one.

The auto-scroll ad is actually winning this thread.... and is far more entertaining than watching you flagellate and attempt to create fake conflict.

5. csj

csj Member

I see you take your civil discourse cues from Nimo. I don't see a crowd rushing to defend your position either, not even you. Have you even once argued point other than one that starts with making up things I've said.

"Good luck with that mindset... have fun continuing this circle-jerk of one."

#165 csj, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

good ****ing god someone throw a pie

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You just have to accept them despite their limitations and you have to know that when they can't defend their position on something they are going to lash out. It's just how some people are.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if Brown doesn't show up this week, he may not get credit for this year and will then be under contract for two more years after this season (instead of one)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/19/duane-brown-texans-still-at-impasse/

Texans are breaking team records for offense with Brown out, so he has zero leverage.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

If the Texans are not force to activate him if and when he returns, they shouldn't. Make his effort a complete waste of time since he doesn't get credit for the season. If he can hold out for his interests, why can't the team?

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Interesting. If Brown doesn't show up this week, he might just end up D-Mo'ing himself out of the league and a lot of money. Or should we call it Armstronging?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely they should. He wanted to play hardball, the team should as well. If he doesn't show up this week, the team should get that roster exception and refuse to activate him even if he shows up after that. Show everyone that actions like that have severe consequences in order to prevent this kind of BS in the future.

Houstunna and ipaman like this.
  12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

It is in nobody's best interest for the team to not suit up Duane Brown if he's available. Sends the wrong message to the team and future players of the franchise.

Some of you want the team to hurt themselves to make a childish point. Glad we have adults running the show.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree. It sends exactly the right message to the team and future players, it says that Duane Brown's BS will not be tolerated from anyone no matter who they are. IMO that's an incredibly valuable message to send to those who would hurt the team in an effort to further greedy goals.

The team is doing just fine without Duane Brown despite his attempt at sabotage.

14. LongTimeFan

You are entitled to your (bad) opinions. Here are the facts:

1. The Texans have one of the worst offensive lines in all of football.

2. Deshaun Watson has been under pressure more than any other QB in the league.

But yeah, let's make our team worse so you and your band of kiddos can punish Duane Brown. Who cares about making the team better, it's about punishing the player who held out. The team will really rally behind that one! /cryinglaughingemoji

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Just like you are entitled to your (bad) opinions.

The Texans have been doing just fine without Duane Brown and given that you have to factor in how little he cares about playing, he might not even be an upgrade at this point. He's worth more to the team as an example of how stupidity will be punished than he is as anything else barring a worthwhile trade offer.

If anything the Texans' response has been soft, how would a franchise like the Patriots have treated a player who sought to actively sabotage the team like Duane Brown has? He'd have been out on his ass in a heartbeat.

16. LongTimeFan

/cryinglaughingemojiagain

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...ce=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=cjaff

[​IMG]

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

When did Brown care about the team or making the team better?

18. LongTimeFan

Is this a serious question? When did the multi-pro bowler and best LT in Texans history care about the team or making it better? I'd say since 2008.

If you want to be blinded by this year's holdout and ignore everything Duane has done for the franchise, be my guest. I prefer to stand on the rational side of things.

mikol13 likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the answer is that he cared about the team before he thought it would be in his interest to actively try to sabotage to team to further greedy goals.

ipaman likes this.