1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Schaub on Dan Patrick Show - Talks Vick

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DieHard Rocket, Aug 26, 2009.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Audio

Story

Very entertaining interview from Schaub IMO. Talks about how he subtly pushed Vick to take more reps in practice and watch more film back in his Atlanta days. This guy is such a pro and puts in the work for sure- I think the Texans definitely hit big on this trade (excluding the freak injuries from illegal hits), despite giving up quite a bit.

I'm excited to see what he can do in a full season with a running game and an offense he knows well.

2. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Jury is still out on Schaub. He is a good guy, but even when he is healthy, he throws the ball up for grabs too many times for my liking. But he claims to have learned from that (probably while on the sidelines watching Rosefels) and will be more careful with the ball this year.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you can say what you want about dan being a name dropper, but that's a great freakin interview

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I dare say the bad luck freak injuries are behind him. He knows now he can put up the numbers and perform and I think he is even more comfortable. The offensive line is dare I say, solid and more experienced. Slaton will help negate pressure moreso this year.

I am excited about the coming games. We have a good QB...

p.s. I was surprised that Vick wouldn't work hard, but thinking back it seems evident that the athleticism was his one thing going sans any overall improvement from year to year.

#4 ROXRAN, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

did he start the interview by saying "Matt Schaub here!"?

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

That is what makes guys like brett farve and peyton manning amazing. They have been playing for so long, but they never get hurt even on freak injuries.

Shaub is going to have to put up huge numbers because the d isn't looking too hot.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I can't believe he called out mike vick like that even if it was true.