1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scandalous Technology Usage

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Jeremy Williams, Jan 15, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... Josh's wife deflates another crazy accusation...

joshuaao, everyday eddie and awc713 like this.
  2. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

So basically this is a league-wide issue but it will forever go down in history as the Astros cheating scandal. Lol MLB is a joke.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yep

thedreamsteam likes this.
  4. awc713

awc713 Member

People will believe what they want to believe regardless of facts or evidence presented to them. A study was done on that notion and I believe it 100%. In fact, I use that underlying theory in trials when selecting juries.

baseball fans are the same. They will see evidence and view it in the light of whatever it is that they want to believe. Fans WANT to believe that cheating was minimized to just a few teams, and fans want to pin a reason that their team lost. It doesn’t matter that MLB’s 5 month investigation concluded that no cheating occurred in 2019, because that’s not what most MLB fans want to believe.

thedreamsteam and everyday eddie like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There are people literally looking at wrinkles and a jersey going "DEFINITELY A WIRE!"

And Jomboy won't let it go, it's pretty sad.

Also, that same account that he's swearing by also says the Yankees use wire and buzzers too...but nothing from ole' jomboy on that.

6. awc713

awc713 Member

Can we offer Jett a contract??

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know why it is far fetched for some people that Altuve might want to save equipment he wore while hitting a walk off home run that sends his team to the WS?

Clearly it is something anyone would hang up and frame.

But this is actually amusing to me because the more they reach the more salty they look. They should just stick to the cheating we know 100% that happened.

RayRay10 and awc713 like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

I think its because MLB writers and fans (especially NY and LA writers and fans) are really unhappy that MLB didn't take away the rings and give the championships to the Yankees and Dodgers. So they will keep looking for more to embarrass the Astros.

for example, the whole Beltran niece fable about buzzers used that the Beltran family already said wasn't from any Beltran family member. Yet... more and more stuff like this...

JayGoogle and everyday eddie like this.
  9. right1

right1 Member

Hilarious that they try to implicate Altuve and Bregman since they just happen to be the only Astros under long term contract. Notice how they don't try to accuse Correa and Springer because of course they think the Yankees can sign them as free agents.

RayRay10, msn and thedreamsteam like this.
  10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Jomboy is a Yankee dick rider who says nothing about Beltran being special adviser to Cashman...

HEY ALEX CAN YOU SAY IT A LITTLE LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T HEAR IT THE FIRST TIME?

JayGoogle likes this.
  11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

12. NewRoxFan

I know this won't diffuse the accusations, but MLB did investigate this...

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

People really gonna forget Chapman hung a bad pitch. Altuve didn't need any cameras for that one.

It was a bad pitch and Tuve rocked it. End of story.

everyday eddie likes this.
  14. VanityHalfBlack

Astros getting grilled hard right now. Holycsh!t!!

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

MY BAD GUYS...lulz

RayRay10 and joshuaao like this.
  16. awc713

awc713 Member

The GOAT has spoken. .400 BA in 2020 confirmed.

17. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

I live in Utah and they are talking about this on their sports radio. Man people are dumb, saying Altuve needs to be banned for life etc.. Supposedly "professional" sports guys. These are the talk show hosts and not randos calling in either. They hear a media report and run with it, kinda how it works in politics it seems.

I'd be coming out next year naked up to the plate if I had to and start raking. Hope this fires them up.

RayRay10, awc713 and everyday eddie like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Same with the "Beltran" twitter account.

Fuccboy eats up fake ****, puts it out there, spreads like wildfire ... oh it was wrong/fake? Oops...who cares.

19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Welcome to the world of social media “journalism” in 2020. It’s all about being first with the scoop, fact checking be damned. Who cares if a false report defames someone, and a Twitter mob runs with it?

It disgusts me.

20. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Goodbye camera stare, Hello new Astros tradition in 2020: Every time time an Astros player goes yard, he lifts his shirt to show there’s no wire......perhaps teammates rip Altuve’s jersey off after every homerun?