1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Santa Fe HS seniors given free Rockets Game 5 tickets by Tilman Fertitta

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 23, 2018.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That's awesome. Win-win.

s3ts and DonKnock like this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Tilman showing up for the City of Houston

Amazing

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

YAAAAAASSSSSSSSS!!!!

[​IMG]

SLRokJok, cbs1507, Raider17 and 14 others like this.
  5. houston19519

houston19519 Member

This is amazing - Will be an highly emotional night - What a gesture by Tilman!

cbs1507, gatsby, ghettocheeze and 6 others like this.
  6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Does anyone know where the tickets come from? I thought the game was sold out.

7. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Tilman is so much better than les already

8. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

9. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

10. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

11. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

12. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

OAKLAND, Calif. - Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta and the organization are working on a wide variety of plans for Thursday's Game 5 to pay tribute to the victims, first responders and community personnel impacted by the shooting at Santa Fe High School.

Fertitta is working on providing free tickets, food and transportation for seniors from Santa Fe High School in an effort to help students have a brief escape from the tragedy. Each part of the ceremony would require league approval.

"I have roots in Galveston County. Everybody knows that," Fertitta said. "I played on that football field in Santa Fe. We just wanted to step up. I talked to (Rockets CEO Tad Brown) and said "We need to find 300 tickets for the Santa Fe High School seniors on Thursday. The freshmen, the sophomores, the juniors get to go back and have some decent times the rest of their high school career. For the seniors, this is their moment.

"Just something we can do to recognize the deceased and let the survivors have a great time. Probably a lot of them have never been to a Rocket game before, but especially a Western Conference Finals game. I've been very blessed and my family has done a lot of things. I believe your leaders have to step up and do the right thing.

"We have a lot of them in Houston. We're just trying to do our little piece and make it special for all these special people in Galveston County and Santa Fe."

The organization is also working on the logistics and approvals related to on-court and video tribute before the game and to have the Santa Fe High School choir sing the national anthem. Ribbons could be added to the Rockets uniforms for the game and shirts could be completed and approved in time to be worn before the game.

"This is something that has really effected the entire organization," Rockets CEO Tad Brown said. "Tilman and his family have deep roots in that area. He knows many of the people personally who have been involved in this situation. It is important for us to make sure that we represent the organization, the family and the community in a manner that is befitting the situation that we face.

"This has also impacted everybody throughout the organization because this is no longer one of those situations you see on the news where it is somewhere else. This is right down the street. Talking to our players, our coaches, this is something that is very important to make sure that the community feels our love and appreciation for them and our support so that we can help them be strong."

Brown said he hopes that whatever plans can be completed and approved by the NBA in time will "really look to the future, not only how do we help them get through this, but how do we help start the conversation and hopefully help try to create some small part of change that can begin to end this madness. We're going to try to do our best to pay our respects and honor those that have been effected in the appropriate manner."

Fertitta said he was confident the NBA would approve the plans once finalized.

"I haven't seen them fight us on anything," Fertitta said. "They just don't want us to criticize the refs. If we don't do that we're all in good shape. We're going to make it a special night."

D-rock, joshuaao, Rudyc281 and 7 others like this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Tillman should've given tickets to the whole school, Victim Families also. Empty Seats at Luxury Suites would be helpful, Really Nice of Tillman. I know tickets are difficult in the playoffs

14. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

My wife’s entire family lives in Santa Fe and thankfully none of the 4 HS students we have were among the injured. Although one skipped school who was supposed to be in that art class and our other cousin lost her best friend and has not eaten much since Friday.

Tilman and the Rockets get it and this gesture is huge for such a small community that will be affected forever. Class Act

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He OWNS the team bruh.

Nothing is sold out for Til "THE MAN" Fertitta...

[​IMG]

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lucky to have this guy as our owner!

D-rock, DonKnock, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

a couple of Suites I'm sure. Those don't always sell out.

DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Truly a remarkable class act.

#Honor #Respect

#18 BigMaloe, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    D-rock, DonKnock, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Classy offer. If I was one of the Santa Fe kids, I don't know if I'd have any appetite for going to a Rockets game, even if they are championship bound. But still think that's great.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Very kind of Tillman to do this for Santa Fe and the City.

But I worry that this might be too emotional. Will it drain us or inspire us?