1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Houston State Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ima_drummer2k, Oct 29, 2012.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The committee will have to notice this one and move us back up the rankings. Finish the season as the only undefeated team in FCS (The Citadel got predictably whomped today by UNC) and now have a dominating win over a top-10 team.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. leroy

What a bunch of crap. Should've at least been in the top 4. Maybe our scores are what they are because we actually are the best team in the country.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn, that's just about the worst possible seeding for us.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Ridiculous that a dominating win over a top 10 team doesn't even move the chains. I can maybe understand being behind NDSU and EWU, but Jacksonville State hasn't played anyone and James Madison? Come on.

That bracket above might not be right. It shows us in EWU's bracket but I think we're in NDSU's bracket.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Talking <a href="https://twitter.com/BearkatsFB">@BearkatsFB</a> and their FCS Playoffs situation...I&#39;m not happy, but <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachKCKeeler">@CoachKCKeeler</a> has faith in his guys to get that final 10% <a href="https://t.co/lPlluQmpcV">pic.twitter.com/lPlluQmpcV</a></p>&mdash; Daniel Gotera (@DTGoteraKHOU) <a href="">November 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Definitely think they should have been in the top 4.

Perhaps they get another game at home thanks to a higher team losing. For us, that would mean James Madison or North Dakota State would need to fall prior to the quarters (JMU) or semis (NDSU). I would be ecstatic though, if we walked into Fargo and took it from the Bison.

I plan on attending the game on December 3rd. Hopefully plenty of others plan to do the same.

7. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

In Rice I think SHSU would be favored by 7pts, Fresno State, University Buffalo and UTEP are actually worse. But Rice sadly is very weak again.

8. leroy

Chattanooga it is. They beat Weber 45-14. James Madison gets New Hampshire, who put 64 on Lehigh.

9. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Was hoping to go, but rain is projected and I would be bringing my 2 year old. Will keep checking the forecast and run up there that day if it ends up nice.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What channel will it be on?

11. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

13. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Thanks for this! KBTX considers Huntsville in its viewing area. You can watch it on the cable system or over the air in Huntsville - Also, John Wilson (the reporter) went to SHSU - we graduated from the RTF department around the same time.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn, that Chattanooga defense was no joke. At times it seemed like they had 15 guys on the field.

James Madison will be a tough game. I'm actually not too confident, since Chattanooga outplayed us for the last 57 minutes of the game.

15. Buck Turgidson

So when is the next game? Against? Where? TV?

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Saturday. James Madison. Wherever the hell James Madison is. ESPN3.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

A bit north of Charlottesville, VA, kinda next door to Shenandoah Natl. Park. It's a beautiful area.

Not as pretty as Huntsville, of course.

18. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Game will actually be on Friday, aired on ESPN2. 6PM. Only show on TV as far as football goes folks.

Briscoe got injured at the end of the game. Backup had to come in. First rumor was he separated his shoulder and they popped it back in. Reports are now that it wasn't that serious. I would have liked a Saturday game in order to get that extra day of rest for him, but so goes it.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well at least I got the opponent right!

20. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Geesh, we barely escaped with a win on Saturday. I'm not sure how much longer we can keep winning with the way our defense played in the 2nd half of that game.