1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sacramento Kings Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LCAhmed, May 17, 2017.

1. omgTHEpotential

Nice, how's his defense?

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Theyre better than the Houston Rockets so far

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Another similarity to WB: When he actually tries, not bad at all.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  4. BackdoorHarden

SportsCenter @SportsCenter
    [​IMG]

Only De'Aaron Fox and LeBron have 30-point triple-doubles before their 21st birthdays.

guys drafted ahead of him:

Fultz
    Ball
    Josh HIGH IQ JACKSON

roslolian, B-Bob and KingsFanSince85 like this.
  5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

He coming y'all!

6. KingsFanSince85

They don't have a lot talent? You haven't been paying attention.

They have a ton of young talent. So much so that their #2 pick this past draft, Marvin Bagley, isn't even starting or playing starters minutes yet still ranks top 2 or 3 in many statistical categories among rookies. Coming into the ATL game, Bagley only averaged 23.3 minutes per game, but was 4th in PPG (12.4), 3rd in FG% (53.4%), 2nd in RPG (7.1), and 3rd in blocks (1.25).

FOX is in his 2nd season and looks like a star in the making. Averaging 19/7/4.
    Buddy Hield is in his 3rd season averaging 19.8 ppg while shooting over 53% including 48.9% from 3pt range and also chipping in 6.0 rpg
    Willie Cauley-Stein is in his 4th season averaging 16.8 ppg and 8.7 rpg. Shooting 56.9%.
    Marvin Bagley is a rookie averaging 13 ppg and 7 rpg in only 23 min per game
    Bogdan Bogdanovic is 26 and might be their best player. Yet he hasn't played this season.

They also have Frank Mason and Harry Giles sitting on their bench. Mason is a 2nd year player just starting to develop into a nice role player off the bench. Giles is essentially a rookie (DNP last season) and the KINGS had high hopes for him coming into this season but they are being patient due to his injury history. But he reportedly was often one of their best players throughout practices last season.

That's 7 dudes all 26 or under. And I didn't include Yogi Ferrell -- who is only 25 -- or Nemanja Bjelica who at 30 yo is having a career year so far.

But they don't have a lot of talent according to you.

D-rock, Koperboy and Swish4fives like this.
  7. KingsFanSince85

Very good. During the post-game interview, FOX stated that among his top goals was to make 1st team all-defense and lead the league in steals. He likely won't come close to accomplishing either given the competition, but that should give an idea where his focus is at.

He gave Trae Young fits tonight -- helping to force him into 8 turnovers. He often picked him up full court and made him work. That will be lost in the shuffle due to his triple-double tonight. But his defense was great. He got beat a few times, but all in all he made life tough on the Hawks guards tonight. And he's been doing that all season long. He locked up Mike Conley pretty well a few games back. Conley killed the KINGS that night when FOX wasn't on him.

Patience likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yes, this is the life at its finest, i like it!

9. omgTHEpotential

Sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean that. I didn't really phrase that well. What I really meant is that they don't have that superstar level talent, not yet anyway. But you're right, there are definitely some young guys to be optimistic about. Maybe one of them can become a superstar.

KingsFanSince85, B-Bob and hakeem94 like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm really high on Fox, Hield and Cauly Stein.

Ironically I'm not high at all on Bagley they should have drafted Doncic who was clearly the better pick.

D-rock and omgTHEpotential like this.
  11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

As I recalled, FOX was so great in NCAA finals.

Patience likes this.
  12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

You are right, people just think the Sac is the worst team in the Western because they are young, no experience, now this team keeps winning, very happy for this young team.

13. KingsFanSince85

Not offended bro. Just misunderstood what your true opinion was. And I agree with you. As of today, they don't have superstar elite player. But they have 1 or two that could become that. I'll be happy with a bunch of really good players, if never elite. Works for me ;)

Patience and omgTHEpotential like this.
  14. KingsFanSince85

Don't get me going on Luka Dončić! :) I was one of many pro-Luka guys on the KINGS message board I frequent. I was really peeved when they passed on him. And I'm still trying to get past it.

Having said that and having watched the KINGS every game so far this season, I'm beginning to understand the Bagley selection much more. Don't get me wrong, I'm not admitting they made the correct decision just yet. But, Bagley has fit in really well so far with their uptempo style. Both he and Willie Trill run the floor and finish like not many others their size. I've seen enough from Bagley where I'm optimistic that his ceiling will end up being higher than anyone else in the draft. He just needs to work at it.

Also, I think a big part of the decision to pass on Luka was that they really believe in De'Aaron Fox. Luka is a ball dominant player. They didn't want to take the ball away from FOX. Time will tell if that was a proper decision or not.

Koperboy and roslolian like this.
  15. what

what Member

His defense is damn good, that's how it is.

KingsFanSince85 likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Kings gonna King

18. craguin

craguin Member

D-rock and Vivi like this.