1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sacramento Kings Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LCAhmed, May 17, 2017.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

The true messiah McLemore has returned to the Kings. They're now in serious contention to make it out of the lottery!

hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  2. craguin

craguin Member

[Sacramento Bee - August 30, 2018 09:25 AM] Former Sacramento Kings exec allegedly took millions in team sponsor money for beach homes
    A former top executive of the Sacramento Kings is suspected of siphoning off $13.4 million from two of the team’s top sponsors and using the funds to purchase beachfront property in Southern California, sources have told The Sacramento Bee.

The FBI and federal prosecutors are investigating Jeffrey R. David, 44, the former chief revenue officer for the Kings who currently holds the same position with the NBA’s Miami Heat, for what sources say was a sophisticated money-laundering scheme that allegedly diverted $9 million from the Golden 1 Credit Union and another $4.4 million from Kaiser Permanente Foundation.

David, whose position with the Kings was eliminated on June 1 and who joined the Miami Heat as chief revenue officer in July, did not respond to a message seeking comment that was left on his cellphone voice mail early Thursday. No criminal charges have been filed in the case, which was referred to federal investigators by the Kings a week ago.

Federal officials would not comment on the matter, but the Kings issued a statement Thursday to The Bee confirming the investigation.

Vivi likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's almost enough money to cover Ryan Anderson's contract. Damn Kings could have used that to pay Ryan.

Now they guy is monkeying up our trades for the Johnsons. @Deuce

da_juice, Deuce and Vivi like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ozark Season 3

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What kind of #NewMath is this!?

6. craguin

craguin Member

[James Ham - September 21, 2018] Kings' Bogdan Bogdanovic re-injures left knee, needs another procedure
    For the second time this offseason, the Serbian is heading for a procedure on his left knee after an MRI revealed a minor injury. The timetable for his return is unknown at this time.

Bogdanovic re-injured his knee Monday while playing for the Serbian national team in World Cup qualifying. He felt discomfort in the knee during the first quarter against Estonia and left the game early. Once Bogdanovic was back in Sacramento, the Kings medical staff evaluated the 26-year-old wing this week and determined that action was needed.

According to the Kings, Monday’s procedure will be performed by Dr. Riley Williams in New York, and Bogdanovic is expected to make a full recovery. The team will send an update when more is known.

7. omgTHEpotential

So... who won the Hield/Cousins trade?

[​IMG]

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

SacTown won that as soon as the Pelicans offered Cousins a meh contract, i know they're doing fine/better without Boogie but they still thrown away assets.

9. omgTHEpotential

Vivek is truly a visionary.

hakeem94 and Vivi like this.
  10. da_juice

da_juice Member

NOLA shoulda just waited and traded that haul for Kawhi

hakeem94 and Vivi like this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: they also received Frank Mason, Justin Jackson and Harry Giles via the 2017 draft picks in the trade.

12. what

what Member

It's going to be hard to keep the kings out of the playoffs this year. Willie-Cauly-Stein looks better than KAT, De'arron Fox hounded Mike Conley the entire 4th quarter of that game they won, Buddy Heild, Justin Jackson, and damn who else do they have on that team, oh yeah, Marvin Bagley.

Plus they have a hell of a coach. I wasn't a big Dave Joerger fan when he was with the grizzlies, but he has proven to me that he might be a top 5 coach in the league right now.

And don't look now but the kings might have the most talent in the league on that team.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

another player who, it seems, thibs didnt know how to use.... went from 6ppg under thibs to 15 ppg under joerger

omgTHEpotential and Vivi like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I always liked Bjelica and always hoped we would've been able to somehow swap Anderson for him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. omgTHEpotential

One of the biggest surprises of the season for me. Bjelica is balling! What a deal for the Kings. The Sixers fans are probably pretty mad right now after how Bjelica screwed them over in the offseason. Toni Kukoc 2.0

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. BackdoorHarden

And I thought Bjelica was another horrible King signing. turns out it might be the best Free agent signing this off season

Imagine if they weren't tanking and kept Garrett Temple, they might even have another win.

Scoring 140 points? Crazy stuff

Let's see how long this craziness last.

If someone told me Kings would be better than the Rockets November 1, 2018, I would have laughed.

"Rocket's can't score 85 pionts but Kings can score over 140 points!"

GET OUT OF HERE!

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. omgTHEpotential

They don't have a lot of talent, but it seems like their team is clicking. Reminds me of the 2014-15 Rockets when Dwight went down with an injury. Kings might be in the play for that 8th seed.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Looks like De'Aaron Fox might fulfill the high hopes I had for him. He reminded me of WB except he talks a whole lot more, isn't a complete selfish jerk and isn't quite as muscular.

31/15/10

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

They also have skal who is a project and koufos

20. BackdoorHarden

Suns drafted Josh Jackson over him. LOL. Now Suns need a PG.

Josh Jackson to join Bender and Chriss and be out of the league in 3 years.

hakeem94 and Daddy Long Legs like this.