1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RUI HACHIMURA

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JayZ750, Apr 16, 2019.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Kind of random thread start... but I'm curious.

This guy declared for the draft and as of today, NBAdraft.net has him listed 4th.
    Tankathon has him much lower in the 20 range.

I'm in the later camp. He's seems a little too slow. He has no 3 point shot. He's got ok size for a 3, but doesn't yet have 3 skills.

Am I missing something?

2. Fantasma Negro

I came here to start a thread about him this morning and found that there was already one about him. That being said, this guy is a really nice player. He's a long rangy defender, plus rebounder, doesn't shoot much threes but can get to the basket with ease. Has a little Bruno in him but I think he's closer to contributing than Bruno was when he was drafted. Don't know how much of a difference maker he can be at the next level as an old school pf, but if he can put the corner three in his bag he can be a scary good sf

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm not sure if he's a wing player or undersized big at the next level. Gonzaga had him primarily as one of their bigs. he had his best season to date though so I get the decision

4. JayZ750

Rui was Gonzaga but your point stands. One that Ty Jerome declared. Two that Gonzaga played Rui more as a big and it worked... but then that's college.

I don't see a PJ Tucker esque undersized big in Rui. Even though he isn't as undersized as Tucker. He's not been an exceptional rebounder. He doesn't get a ton of blocks. On the outside he doesn't shoot threes. I'm just not sure where/how he fits in the NBA.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah i realized that as i was posting. thats my bad. got him confused. haha

I think he has a good wingspan too right

6. JayZ750

Looks like 7'2 per wiki, so definitely not bad.... and it's often impossible to figure out the college stats/performance and how they translate. I just never saw him and thought - what a defensive disruptor or anything.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

him and PJ Washington seem pretty comparable. i would think they're projected in the same general range