1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rox payback to the Celtics for breaking the 22 game streak

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tfor3, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Houston Will break the Celtics 26 game winning streak in Boston on Wed. January 7, 2009. Book it.

Remember (this Century), the team with the longest winning streak does not win the title (just like the rox didn't last year). This will be their kiss of death. Conversely, the Rox will win the title.

[​IMG]

One can dream right :eek:

#1 Tfor3, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  2. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

First of all, I really hope it doesn't get to 26. The media doesn't need any more reasons to ride the Celtics harder than they do.

And IF they do get to 26, I hope your scenario works out.

3. Splash

Splash Member

I wouldn't mind breaking a winning streak like that. We'd get some attention by them passing us at 22. Then beating them at 26 would get us even more attention considering it was a road game against them and we played the previous night. Winning that game would just be absurd. Hopefully we have all our players back by then.

4. Supa Scoopa

Supa Scoopa Member

I'm disliking the Celtics more and more every day. And the reason for that is Kevin Garnett. Yeah, his passion and intensity is admirable, but he's just so damn overly dramatic, and the constant trash-talking is wearing thin. Just shut up and play the game.

I used to watch the Cletics all the time because FSN in CT shows almost all their games, but ever since KG got here, I can't stand them anymore.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Remember that b2bs are more mental than anything else. Staying at the Ritz, with room service, maid service, massage service, no/light practice, private jets(no going thru airport security) etc.......
    They would be on the 2nd nite of a b2b too and the Rox are a good road team. I hope everyone is healthy too.

6. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

The Lakers will break the Celtics' streak on Christmas Day in LA.

Hawks should've won tonight if they didn't miss free throws down the stretch (1 by Williams, Smith, and Johnson each).

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

One would think that but I really think Boston will beat the lakes.

the lakes are soft and have no D.

8. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i really hope they dont break 22, otherwise it really diminishes what we did last year. no team had a 20+ game winstreak in like 30 years right? we did the unimagineable with that streak, and now only one year later the celtics think they can do it too. it's almost like a slap in the face. "hey we got thibidoue, we're the champs, and now we're gonna one-up your streak"

9. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

A great winning streak can tell nothing, championship or home court advantage, just like our 22 streak, that only made us in the playoffs last season, but still didnt past the 1st round.

I dont care which team win the game on Christmas, only thing I hope is we can beat the Celtics on January 7th. 2009

10. jedicro

jedicro Member

I don't want them to break the streak, but if they're playing WC teams I say keep going. Even if it means they'll surpass us I'll be rooting for them against the Lakers.

11. ibm

ibm Member

what are you guys talking about? the streak is gone after they play the bulls. book it.

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Hopefully, it doesn't come to this. If it does --- let's make sure it's a blowout and we leave in our starters for payback.

BTW, any chance the Lakers develop a spine? Christmas Day: Boston @ LA. What better way to earn some small retribution for that massive egg they laid in the Finals than to end the C's quest for history.

13. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

when the rockets were moving up in their win streak, analysts kept harping on the easy schedule they had. i don't hear so much about the boston streak being against easy teams. they are in the east for christ's sake. they are all gimme games.

they tried to make the rox look like lucky saps and the celts look like legends. what bs.

14. Steve_Francis_rules

The Celtics are defending champions and have been playing great all season. The Rockets were a .500 team after the first two months of the season, got hot and went on a great run against the easiest part of the schedule.

I think it's ridiculous not to respect either win streak, but when a team does this following a championship run, it's impossible to ignore.

15. LoveRoxHateJazz

The Celtics would remember they broke the Rockets streak. They would fight hard to make sure the Rockets don't return the favor.

Cleveland would break the Celtics 26 game win streak.

16. LoveRoxHateJazz

I retract my former post.

17. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I have only read one thing saying that they have had an easy schedule and to be honest I was surprised someone had the gall to say it.

And they BETTER not beat the streak. I would be really disappointed if they did.

18. Lancej281

Lancej281 Member

The Rockets diminished their own achievement last year. I hope the Celtics do break the record because everyone's going to look back at 22 in a row and think, "Wow, those Rockets were good. What did they do in the playoffs?"

Plus, it isn't a record! The Lakers have the record.

19. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Celtics next 6

Fri 19 vs Chicago 7:30pm CSNHD
    Sun 21 vs New York 6:00pm CSNHD
    Tue 23 vs Philadelphia 7:30pm CSNHD
    Thu 25 @ LA Lakers 5:00pm
    Fri 26 @ Golden State 10:30pm CSNHD
    Sun 28 @ Sacramento

Come on LA.....the one time I would root for them! And its funny that we got the 22 straight against LA.

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

My hope is that the Knicks shock them. The Bulls and 76ers I am less hopeful about (less of a possibility) but I can see New York catching them on a good shooting day (if the Celtics take a day off defensively)