1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Romeo deserves on more shot

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I can say without a doubt that Bill Obrien is not the best coach on this staff.

He got schooled by his linebacker's coach from two years ago. Sad really.

He's going to start feeling the seat of his pants catch fire here real soon. This loss is inexcusable.

My bad on the missed "e" for the thread title.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hope we can keep Crennel for awhile

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Interim maybe sure but I am ready to rid ourselves of all things New England. I don't get why teams are so eager to hire from that tree. That's all Brady & Belichick.

Charlie Weis
    Mike Vrabel
    Bill O'Brien
    Romeo Crennel
    Eric Mangini
    Josh McDaniels
    Matt Patricia

But it doesn't matter (Doesn't matter Brian!). He just got a ...not one, not two, not three, not four but a 5-year extension. Bob ain't gonna pay two coaches.

4. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Romeo is damaged goods from the same poisoned well as O'Brien. Belichick's disciples are all terrible.

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

One of the most telling things I heard on 610 was Teddy 3 rings mention @ training camp watching the D and seeing RAC use the chicken wing motion to call a play and then saying "watch; they're gonna run this play" And sure enough that's what they ran; point being CHANGE YOUR F'IN SIGNALS!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

RAC is a good assistant coach and that's about it.

I think the defense is usually prepared and playing solid.

BOB is supposed to be an O.coordinator and our offense is what struggles. Go figure.

Usually a head coach's strength is the one thing you can rely on.

They just mentioned this in the Lions game lol.

His coaching tree is terrible, flat out horrible. It's probably the worst coaching tree from a great coach in any sport.

#6 JayGoogle, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    ghettocheeze likes this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

When I say he deserves one more shot, I'm not endorsing him. I'm merely endorsing the firing of his counterpart, because I know that Romeo is a better head coach than OBrien. That says a lot.

I'm saying Romeo deserves a shot to finish out the season, and then let's go get someone that can actually coach. Someone that doesn't mentally fumble through every in game decision that comes up.

J.R. likes this.
  8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Romeo Crennel was in a bad situation in Cleveland, and in Kansas. He needs one more shot at coaching. I think he can be a decent head coach, he definitely can be better than Billy O'.