1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roll Call: Who leaving their Rockets fandom and what team you moving to?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

My problem with the whiney "YOU ARE SAYING WE ARE NOT TRUE FANS BECAUSE WE CRITISIZE THE PLAYERS AND TEAMS DOING WRONG .. . WE JUST BEING HONEST . . .. WE NOT WEARING BLINDERS" "fans"

Is they are the same ones that will admit the Rockets got cheated multiple times, That Chris Paul's injury hurt them team
    but will still whine "HARDEN SHOULD HAVE BEATEN 4 ALL STARS THAT INCLUDES 2 ACTIVE MVPS BY HIMSELF"

They demand the rockets be PERFECT and OVERCOME REFS, INJURY, etc . . . .. and they will b****
    then if the Rockets win . . .. oh they got lucky . . . Honestly. . . I believe in my heart
    They are the ones talking about an Asterick

Rocket River

Plowman, vlaurelio, kubli9 and 3 others like this.
  2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am sorry but how has the organization been a dumpster fire? The team won a franchise high 65 games in Tilman's first season and 53 games last year despite the myriad of injuries to the team. The Rockets have a MVP in James Harden and talent surrounding him.

Sure Tilman puts himself out in the media way more than Les did, but Tilman is a businessman and its just in his nature to do that. The Rockets have done whatever they could within their means to improve the team. Unfortunately the cap only allows them so much. Yes the Paul contract is bad, but he took 4 years instead of the 5 year he was eligible and more importantly if you let Paul walk, you aren't replacing him with someone else.

Honestly just because 'big names' are not coming to Houston doesn't mean its time to cry and panic. This happens seemingly every off season. Remember when we didn't get Chris Bosh and lost Chandler Parsons only to sign Trevor Ariza again? People were freaking out, but then the Rockets won 56 games that season and made it to the WCF. The Rockets did not need to make massive adjustments the same way other teams did to improve they were right there. Having Rivers and House for the full season is a huge step forward, hopefully having health is the other huge step. The team still has the ability to make some moves, they would be smaller ones but hopefully another PF/C gets signed but I do not have an issue at all with how this team is constructed at the moment. No fan really should be that upset at all the Rockets haven't been this serious of a contender since the late 90s but somehow thats still not good enough for some people.

3. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't blame Barkley for being upset over it but he should have handled that with Les either through the league, courts, or other avenues. Badmouthing the Rockets on TNT for years just takes his frustrations out on the players and fans who have nothing to do with his problems with Les. That said, Les is a horrible person to screw him over like that and I agree with your other sentiments about our former owner.

4. kubli9

Supporting Member

The problem is they won't leave. :(

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

You know how much Tilman gave Les for the Rockets right?

6. thekad

thekad Member

Why would any of us care about some billionaire’s checking account? Are you a Rockets fan or Tilman’s accountant.

BeardNation13 likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

So you're crying b****in and whining because you think Tilman hasnt spent enough right?

8. thekad

thekad Member

The 65 win team was built under Les. The organization has been Knicks-esque since Tilman took over.

The fact that you consider bringing back bench players from the team that literally just lost to the KD-less Warriors as a “big step forward” is hilarious. You’re just the type of fan Tilman counts on.

mastan likes this.
  9. thekad

thekad Member

I call out incompetence and falseness when I see it.

I also call out stupid posts when I see them; yours included.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The championship teams were built under Charlie Thomas. Les piggy backed into that roster.

vlaurelio likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

So tilman is an incompetent owner while morey is a competent gm?

12. thekad

thekad Member

Incompetence runs downhill, apparently all the way down to your posts.

13. vlaurelio

So why did your idol Les sell the 65 win team and ran with the championship trophies?

@tinman

tinman likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

Lol you must be the perfect owner gm and fan

15. kubli9

Supporting Member

Can you go away now?

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If Morey has enough money someday to buy a team, I will gladly abandon the Rockets and root for Morey's team. He will probably hire Kevin McHale to be his GM and JB Bickerstaff as his HC.

Morey will finally be able to relax and tweet away all day long about fireworks and stuff.

alcatrazpsycho likes this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do you sell anything ?
    You don’t want it anymore

So in your mind you think Les wants to own the Rockets again or swim in a billion dollars ??

The answer is someone moved to Florida

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

The 65 win team was under Tilman just like how the first championship team was under Les. No one outside of @tinman and a few others remember who built that team. There was a reason why Les kept those trophies, those were his teams.

House and Rivers were not with the Rockets last year until mid season and they played really well with them in. Injuries ravaged the rockets and that allowed/forced Morey to find guys like Rivers and House to fill in the gaps. Now both of those guys will be in the fold from the start of the season and have more defined roles along with hopefully Gordon, CP3 and Capela all having relatively healthy seasons. Prior to the offseason given how well both Rivers and House did play in their limited time there was little hope that the Rockets could retain both for the upcoming season and yet they did. That is a big positive to me. The Rockets have very little financial flexibility and were able to keep key players that they could have lost for nothing. The other option is to go back 6 years when the Rockets had a ton of financial flexibility but were always a borderline playoff team, but then everyone would scream that they are on the "mediocrity treadmill"

And something that personally bothers me about the Rockets losing to the "kd-less" warriors is that they lost ONE game to the Warriors without KD. Those Warriors this past season were still talented enough to beat most any other team on any given night which is what happened. The Rockets defense was atrocious that game (not their offense) and guess what the entire defensive staff has been fired since then to show that the team is trying to make an effort on that point. If they played the entire series without Durant the way Portland and Toronto then that would be a different story. I feel that they should have won that one game still, but very little can be done when Klay is on fire one half and Steph is on fire the other half those players are that damn good.

How exactly would you add a star to this team? This isn't NBA2K where trade overrides can happen. Any trade needs to makes sense for the other team as well. I dont mind traded anyone not named Harden and Tucker on this team if it means getting back a player that can help the Rockets make and win the Finals but there options are limited out there. The Rockets went after Butler hard and believed they had him but Jimmy wanted to be in Miami no matter what it seemed. How is that something the Rockets could control? Geography is not to their advantage. I mean Kawhi just wont a championship and wanted to go play back in LA. Sometimes it just doesn't work out, especially in today's NBA where players seemingly prefer to play with their friends or play in a particular destination to live a preferential lifestyle. I have no problem with that but I am not going to fault the Rockets for not being one of those places like Miami or LA. And Harden for his part has done his fair share of "recruiting" and Chris Paul has too.

Its easy to armchair GM the whole situation but there are very few facts the general public has at their disposal. We do know what the salary cap situation is with the Rockets and what the realistic possibilities are out there for the Rockets. There aren't that many out there. You can blame Tilman all you want for that but that would mean the teams from the last 3 years would not be possible.

Now I will say a trade that I think can be done and should be looked into is trading Eric Gordon and a first round pick to the Wolves for Robert Covington. I think that could be beneficial to both teams and maybe Rosas does it as a thank you back to the Rockets org that helped him get to where he is today.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

I liked it when Clutchfans consisted of members like @The_Yoyo

The pure fan

lilbird20 and Rocket River like this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

he's the perfect fan alright

PERFECT FAKE ROCKETS FAN

vlaurelio likes this.