1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roll Call: Who leaving their Rockets fandom and what team you moving to?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jul 6, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Rockets fan first, but definitely a Kawhi fan since he's not a Spur anymore and not a Laker, will watch some big national televised rivalry type games of the Clippers and root for them. Also have a soft spot for Raptors as I was in Canada during the Finals with Lowry, FVV and Siakam as easy players to root for. Will keep my eye on Pelicans and some former Rockets players like Troy Daniels, Covington and them. There's nothing wrong with that and it's actually silly as a grown man to be proud of being a strict Rockets fan and unable to understand people can root for other teams as well.

I'm first to admit I would stop being a Rockets fan if I could at times, not because they are not winning as I enjoyed those 2010-2012 years maybe even more than this brickfest of a team, but because we are currently with an owner and GM who are just stubbornly star chasing. Keep giving away draft picks, always looking to trade instead of developing young talent and not picking up decent talent just so we can have a shot at a star / buyout market and maintain flexibility. I would truly understand, if we don't really sign anyone significant, that Harden would want to leave and even request a trade.

Last thing as kind of a counter to the current owner problems: **** Leslie Alexander, he was not that much better so stop with the nostalgia goggles. I'm an emotional fan too, so plenty of my posts are when I'm in that state, which to me is what being a fan is all about. Rationally speaking, Morey is still a very good GM and we have a very good team, but refusing to use all the cap space available just doesn't fly with me. It will all be forgiven if we deal for Covington or Iggy though so it's all good. Definitely not if we trade our guys for Westbrook. Most horrific trade possible.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m not gonna stop being a rockets fan but I may start calling for Morey and MDA’s heads if we don’t improve the team. This offseason is a joke and a slap in the face considering all that BS the owner and the GM have been talking.

vlaurelio and tinman like this.
  3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Even bad teams are entertaining, and the Rockets are a good team. I am in for the long haul. Been here since Rudy came. I don't like Morey, DA, or the way the team plays, but I love the "Rockets."

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

And to think... we've got decades to look forward to of his spoilt kids inheriting this team.

I shudder to think about where exactly rock bottom is going to be for this franchise when it's truly in their control and everyone who doesn't fit into their agenda is outed.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think odds are heavily-leveraged tilman will have to sell anyways when his core businesses go south

6. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Agree with you man. this org was so much better under Les
    Man like @tinman @Rasheed are not Real Rocket fans. They support Tilman for no reason and can't see he ruining what Clutch City was all about

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Anyone posting on this un-ironically can go **** themselves!

Ignorant dumbasses!

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

The Rockets were the second best team in the west. They’ll still be a playoff team and Harden is top 5 in the league.

Are they perfect, no. Am I glad they didn’t gut the team for Butler, yes.

I still trust Morey. Tillman not so much... but I’m ride or die Rockets.

burlesk and Hard_foul like this.
  9. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

No offense but you just made yourself sound like a huge tool.

steddinotayto likes this.
  10. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Or people like me, who have zero choice in who they root for, having grown up in H-town and imprinting on the Rockets like they were my mother or something. I say "go Rockets! Be smarter! No talk, all action! You got this!" And then I wait patiently for however many decades it takes for that to happen. Think like a mountain, lol.

Cuz life is largely absurd and amusing and random, when it's not tragic, no?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Title is blasphemous IMHO.

Posters won't be treated like NBA players.....we all have trade kickers don't we?

malakas likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are obviously a die hard fan
    Yippie Kai yay
    99ers

13. riko

riko Member

You meaning trolling Lin trolls like beardnation and his billion different alternate ids

vlaurelio likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

Les Alexander is not nostalgic giggles
    It’s people getting the history completely wrong

He inherited Hakeem and all the players Steve Patterson got and fired him at the beginning of the season
    He changed the classic colors cause he’s a New Yorker and wanted pin stripes like the Yankees
    He didn’t pay Barkley like he promised and we had a worse reputation for free agents
    He made the new arena corporation friendly and not fan friendly
    He gave his soul to China
    He sold the team cause he wanted the money

Did Lakers owner Jerry Bus sell?
    No owner til the end. He didn’t give a damn he could have sold the Lakers for 4 billion

Les took the championship trophies and moved to Florida

To all the dumb ass Les fans
    You are dumb as rocks

kubli9, steddinotayto and vlaurelio like this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

This les was not only a cheapskate but hes a coward as well

As soon as we got cp3, les sold high and ran with the championship trophies

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Also it’s amazing how dumb a bunch of Clutchfans are here.
    Barkley obvious held a grudge over money and that’s why he was dogging on us the whole time on tnt.
    But do you blame him? He took the minimum so we can sign Pippen.
    No player today would sacrifice money for a title.
    None.
    And if Les did pull that stunt today it would be social media rants all season

Mr Chuck Norris and daywalker02 like this.
  17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Clips, lakes, sicker, and worriers my fav teams now!!! Rox suk

18. omgTHEpotential

Anyone who doesn't support the Rockets anymore are snowflakes bandwagoners who were never real fans anyway. Good riddance. You won't be missed because you didn't matter in the first place. Wimps.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You forgot Rudy T

20. 1234567

1234567 Member

Window is closed.

They had their chance and blew it.

You can always remember that one.

Too many good teams ahead of home team and they are cap out with no options that will not take current players trade outs.

So how can they improve?

Really traded away their 1st so thet can get below Tax and everyone who gives a &*&* knows it.

Will they play well?

Likely but will they go to finals?

Not this year or in the future.

I follow all Houston major teams.

Not a Soccer fan.