1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets won't be pursuing Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I bet you he would take the iPad now

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

None of yall took this serious right.....

right?

4. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Back then he didn't want our Ipad
    now we're #1 on the western conference
    he all up on us

Verbal Christ and BigShasta like this.
  5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:D

[​IMG]

;)

ryano2009, dkim1984 and D-rock like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Melo at 25 is still better than Anderson at 20M?17 pts 6 rebs is a lot better than 10 pts and 4, esp when Melo is 35% from and Anderson is 38% from 3. Both if them suck in D but at least Melo can defend if he tries hard enough, Anderson just sucks period.

In the playoffs, Anderson's performance drops to 7 pts and 4 rebs when has Melo averaged those types of numbers? Next year Melo will be an expiring what about Anderson? 28M for 1 year vs 21M and then 22M for 2 years? Lol

You list all of Melo's negatives without considering Anderson is worse at bearly every aspect.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt he's ready to add much value

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It was so long ago Apple has stopped supporting that generation of iPad already.

Little Bit likes this.
  9. abaker28

abaker28 Member

IT'S HAPPENING?
    Vet min get it done Morey! Reunite Bosh and Lebron with CP3 and Harden.
    Seriously though - a guy with money and kids/young family wouldnt risk their life if they thought there was a risk. None of us would do it. I'm sure Bosh knows better than all of us given it's his life is at risk. If he truly believes he's ok and a dr supports it, then HELL YEAH. Welcome to H Town!

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't want Bosh, and would never even consider it, but I was very disappointed with Black getting only 1 rebound, in 11 minutes against the Kings.

I understand the potential need to retain him as an emergency insurance for Nene and the often injured Wright, but I sure would be happier to see him being replaced by a better buyout guy, if that is remotely
    possible.

NO to Chris Bosh. This is nothing to do with him rejecting us for Miami.

11. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Sign bosh and speight with low salary

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Anderson is more like asthma.

13. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Just wondering, if its for the vet min, and Bosh is healthy, why not?
    Will need to replace Nene sooner or later. And will he be worst than Anderson?

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The problem with Melo is that he stalls the offense. I've watched a couple of OKC games throughout the year and Melos insistence of getting a few shots in the mid range and in the post while he isos causes that offense to stagnate. It's like he kills any rhythm they develop.

I bet you switch Anderson for Melo on that team and despite Anderson's short comings, OKC would be a much better team. Anderson keeps the ball moving and that has an amazing effect on the offense.

I'm not even sure Melo would have worked out here in Houston either. I'd like to think that Paul and Harden spoon feeding him open shots would have made Melo a better fit, but I'll never be convinced after watching Melo still wanting to get his shots in his type of game with OKC.

I'm not saying Anderson is better than Melo, I'm saying that for our team and for OKC Anderson would be a much much better fit.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

If Bosh was actually healthy, he would be on a team.

Swiss Roll likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this, (quick) passing and team play is so underrated

17. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Gee, I don't remember mentioning Ryno in my post. Perhaps if you'd like to read what I wrote again, you'll see that I point out your mistake in assuming Melo will automatically be gone next year, and discuss what a detriment his continued presence at such a high salary would be.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

The only way to get Melo is to dump Anderson. You can't talk about Melo's detriments without talking about who will be gone from the team because of him.

If Melo is like -5 to a team value but then anderson is -10 then the team still ends up better so what is the point of pointing out how Melo is -5?

#78 roslolian, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  19. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Gee, I don't remember talking about how to get Melo, or comparing him to Ryno. Perhaps if you'd like to read what I wrote again, you'll see that I point out your mistake in assuming Melo will automatically be gone next year, and discuss what a detriment his continued presence at such a high salary would be.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

How is his "continued presence at such a high salary" be a detriment when it would make the team better than it is currently? That's just plain wrong his "continued presence at such a high salary" would be good for us since he is better than Anderson who obviously is worse than Melo. For all his faults Melo is an upgrade over Anderson so his salary despite being high is not a detriment in fact it would make us better.

If you can't understand that getting Melo would mean getting rid of Anderson then your complaints are useless and not connected to reality. Every player has his faults you are being captain obvious when you talk about Melo's lack of D, refusal to come off the bench etc. Who the hell doesn't know these things? :rolleyes: What is your point? Nothing, you are like saying water is wet, except when you say "Melo's presence at such a high salary would be a detriment to the team". This statement is so dumb its like saying Harden's salary is so high it is a detriment to the team ignoring that Harden is actually a good player who makes the team better :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: