1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to potentially protest game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 4, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If we win the protest, then the league is onto us even more.

Doesn't bode well for the Playoffs.

bj3175 likes this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

This looks bad on Capers, wow. Why are these guys such power hungry dicks? It wouldn’t have surprised me had he been looking at his watch or whatever and or count in his head. How can you not allow the challenge when MDA first tried to establish wtf was going on? Why didn’t they review themselves? Why change the call after the fact? Very fishy, Capers knew they blew it and if they had challenged their ego would’ve taken a hit. That’s all this is about, refs and their power with immunity from any consequences. This crew should be suspended for a good while.

3. JackLordsHair66

Shockingly guys on Golic & Wingo the call and clarification was terrible and they probably should replay the last 7:50. Figured the ESPN trolls would laugh at the Rockets (they did mention being up 101-89 before the dunk which we all agree it was lauhbale we allowed SA to tie the game up with that kind of lead), I’m not feeling the NBA will do anything about it without a huge outcry from the sports networks barking about this BS officiating though, because, well, it’s the Rockets.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL have some balls

5. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

It amazes me that they go back and look at if 3 was a 2 or vice versa. This is an easy fix and not being reviewable is plain dumb with today's technology. Coaches shouldn't have to challenge a made basket with 3 officials on the floor. HOWEVER, we deserved that L for knucklehead no defense basketball!

J-rizzle likes this.
  6. foggy94

foggy94 Member

If the referees can take the time to check whether there is 15.3 seconds left of 15.8 seconds left on the gameclock on some random out of bounds play in the 1st quarter, they can check whether the ball went in the hoop or not.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they can go back and remove a made 3 by harden because they happened to be looking at replay during a TV timeout and saw he stepped out of bounds. but they can't count a made basket while the whole fuking arena is watching it on the big screen. this rigged league is an absolute fuking joke

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I’ll take the L for the collapse but Silver better admit his goons cost us the W and fine each crew member $500k for incompetence/ game rigging.

HTown_TMac likes this.
  9. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Incompetence? Or corruption? I honestly don't know anymore with the NBA. I usually default to incompetence, and there were quite a few plays where the Rockets got away with some referee mistakes. @Buck Turgidson was calling them out in the flow of the game last night.

Still, missing a bucket with the ball already through the rim? That's really bad.

I wonder if the best solution is to treat the game like a rainout in baseball, and only play the last minutes (after the dunk that wasn't) if they need to break a tie for playoff seeding?

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. J-rizzle

J-rizzle Member

We cough up a 20 point lead and find one missed call to blame the loss on? This whole not being accountable for your own shortcomings and always projecting blame has really soured me on the Rockets. Maybe block out every once in a while or play solid rotational defense for more than a possession.

With this constant blaming of others I say we rename the team. How about the Houston Democrats? Or the Houston Clinton Presidential Campaign’s? The second one may be too wordy.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if it was just incompetence, it would have been rectified very quickly. the refs have earpieces linked to the replay center and know exactly what actual call should be. ask yourself, would a made bucket be taken away from the fakers? from lebron?

regarding the missed calls both ways, the sheer volume of WTF calls against HOU in both OT's shatters that argument. capela called for an offensive foul during harden's 0.8sec shot attempt at the end of OT1? harden called for an offensive foul on the final play of OT2 -- right after getting fouled himself on the same play first no call?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

This.

Don't get a call in the game? Don't get back on defense because you're whining to the ref.
    Lose a game? Complain about the refs.

You were up 22!

They were up 95-73 with 2 minutes left in the third.
    97-81 to start the 4th
    107-93 with 6 minutes in the 4th
    113-104 with 3 minutes left in the 4th
    113-107 with 2 minutes left in the 4th
    115-109 with 1 minute left in the 4th
    115-112 with 30 seconds left

How about playing some defense?
    How about doing something other than chucking threes?
    How about not turning the ball over?
    How about your coach not just sit there & watch it happen?

Blowing a 15+ point lead vs Bucks, Nets, Spurs ... refs fault.
    Up 6 vs Clippers with a minute left & lost, ... refs fault.
    Allowing Washington to score 158, ... refs fault.
    Not showing up in Miami & Dallas, ... refs fault.

And yeah, the refs are corrupt garbage but nothing's gonna be done. Nothing's gonna change. No one's gonna be punished and they'll continue to be out there next night (and in the playoffs).

Stop depending on the whistle, depending the refs. Stop whining, learn to play through it. Stop sulking.

durvasa likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This one little game does not matter much in the grand scale.

The dangerous things is that one decision, the dunk, why didn't he just lay it up, could impact the team's will to play good basketball.

They just let things get out of hand, that opened up the game for the Spurs to come back.......

14. ktex

ktex Member

This is not a blown judgment call. We made a basket. WE CLEARLY MADE A BASKET.

15. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

I agree that coughing up a 20 point lead isn't an ideal situation to argue about this huge mistake, but 2 points is 2 points is it not? The ball went all the way through for 2 points. This should be protested to prevent such things in the future.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Come on man. James has a much higher FG% on dunks than layups.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We don't deserve to win after blowing a 22 point lead... but at the same time I will take wins where we get them. Replay at that point OR award us the win. NBA refs are absolute morons.

Bet the ref union steps in and acts like a bunch of whiny b****es again.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and BMoney like this.
  18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

How can Dantoni challenge a call that wasn’t made? I thought you can only challenge calls made. Since they didn’t think it counted I don’t think he can challenge that cuz it’s still a live ball?

bro2044 likes this.
  19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

They gave up 22 points. Harden chucked the game away. Take the L

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Hey, ive got sometging to protest....the sh#t way we collapsed down the stretch squandering a 20+ pt lead. Thats why we lost; not because of a bad call. If i wasnt a rockets fan i'd hate this whiney ass team.