1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to potentially protest game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 4, 2019.

1. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Hey NBA, even in my local and very insignificant league, this stuff never happen. NEVER EVER.

That should put context into what the NBA should do.

bro2044, RustyHarden and vlaurelio like this.
  2. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Any update from NBA officials ? rematch or Houston win?

3. vick

vick Member

The Rockets need to officaliy protest the game to have NBA possibly change the call. Tilman would have to send in 10000 dollars. If Rockets get the call reversed Tilman gets his money back. If they don't reverse the call, Tilman loses 10000. So what will Tilman do???

4. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

NBA ref robbed the game
    KD out of bound reminds ref's evil

BaselineFade likes this.
  5. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

10000 can get a win, why not? does Tilman want to save money ? Apart for freedom, Justice and Fairness are important that Houston should fight for it.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

$10K fee? No wonder they haven't done it. :D

BigShasta, ThatBoyNick and SamFisher like this.
  7. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Sarah calling out all them straw man arguments. The people who are sooooooo so focused on the Rockets not winning this game are actually willing to compromise the integrity of this sport in its most fundamental concept. We can't call it "basketball" if we can just ignore made baskets. I don't care if the Rockets still get the loss after reviewing Russ' backcourt violation, but the league needs to respond. The league waiting another day and putting the pressure on the Rockets to actually file a protest at $10k is quite baffling. I can only hope they're in communication with the Rockets org and not that they're intentionally remaining silent. I'll honestly lose respect for the league if they let this go without any response.

8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It was an absolutely shocking miss from the officials, but we blew a 22 point lead. We shouldn't really blaming anyone but ourselves.

astros99 likes this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

$10k? Lol. I guess Fertitta will take his loss. Sorry boys, no chance the Rockets win the protest, so Fertitta won't be gambling his hard earned money.

10. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Jeez. Broke ass Tilman ain't coughing that up. Fuhgedaboutit.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Reggie Miller: Welcome to your Kodac moment Daryl.

13. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The lack of focus from the players after that missed call, I honestly wish they would refocus on the 7:50 left. Shouldve blown them out, its embarrassing to lose games to the Spurs, Nets, Heat.

I really hate the incompetence of Mike Dantoni and the coaching staff.

If the Rockets miss the Western Conference Finals. Mike needs to go, Rockets really need a Younger, Tougher, Smarter Coach.

Nick Nurse was a huge loss from the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. He shouldve been a Assitant, instead Roy Rogers. Toronto is such awesome team this year.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

"It's going to cost you $10,000 for us to investigate our screw up and then say we screwed up and tell you we really can't do anything about it."

16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Anyone who suggests Tilman wouldn't pay the 10k is fooling themselves.

He's the most entitled owner in the league & he hasn't been told "no" for over three decades. He's going to protest this

BigShasta likes this.
  17. SemisolidSnake

The more I think about it, the more I think that the only logical thing to do here is give the Rockets the win. I'd think the same way if it was Spurs that had this happen to them. Two points are objectively missing from the game. There is 0.00% ambiguity about this; there is nothing open to interpretation about this single event in the game at all.

Furthermore, replaying the game from the point of this mistake is a completely arbitrary "solution." That mistake did not objectively change the subsequent course of the game in any way. Replaying from 7:50 is no more or less "fair" or "right" than replaying the last 5 minutes or the entire last quarter.

If this were a legal case, I think this would sufficient cause for a mistrial even after the verdict had been rendered. Yeah, giving the Rockets the win is going to piss off an enormous amount of people, but it's the only logical thing to do. Everything else is subjective and arbitrary.

Now, I will say that I don't expect this level of objectivity in what comes from this. The League will do what it wants. But anything else but awarding the win will not be the just decision no matter how it eventually turns out in the end for whichever team.

18. WestendMassive

The NBA seems to be pulling the same **** that its refs did in saying D'Antoni missed the 30 second window for the review.

Claiming the investigation will take more than 48 hours and forcing the Rockets to officially protest seems like it's been designed to draw as much vitriol and hate from every other team and their fanbases as possible. Zero chance this is going anywhere good for the Rockets.

darksoul35 and bro2044 like this.
  19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

We will protest.

It is the right thing to do.

The evidence is too damning.

The league will count the Harden dunk and give the win to the Lakers.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They'll stand with the Made Basket.