1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets still avoiding the tax like the plague [shams]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jul 15, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Saw this on Reddit, as stated by a rockets insider per shams.

My only issue with this is, if you’re not willing to go into the tax for a generational talent like Harden, while knowing how small championship windows are...is there ever a scenario you will?

Just don’t keep pretending like you’re willing and give the fans some lameass excuse.

href="https://t.co/IEBciBgu7i">https://t.co/IEBciBgu7i</a></p>&mdash; Alykhan Bijani (@Rockets_Insider) <a href=""m

2. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

When the rich gets richer. Beer costing $14 a bottle. I don't support the rockets anymore or the NBA. Just some lame businessm

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Already a thread about this.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Pix or

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

*deleted*

7. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

not worth going into the tax for iggy but for RoCo he def should

D-rock and Bids9 like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

So how did they plan on acquiring Iguodala?
    Trading Gordon($14M) or Capela($17M) for Iguodala's $17M?
    When the Feigen article came out or articles since, no one was saying "Man, this is too much (money/salary). Man, this is really gonna push the Rockets into the tax."
    Just sign & trade Shumpert easy peasy!
    Now "It's too expensive. He's not worth it."
    Did they just do the math over the weekend? "Oh ****, this is gonna push us deep into the tax!"
    Ariza too expensive, House was too expensive, Iguodala too expensive, next season when Eric Gordon walks, Tilman nutlickers will say he too was too expensive.
    "Good for the [insert team here] for paying Gordon but simply not worth it."

"It was a fluke, an accident. I'm still trying to figure out how we only signed minimum guys & ducked under the LT."

LEAVE TILMAN ALONE! HE'S GONNA SPEND AT THE RIGHT TIME! RIGHT NOW IS NOT THE RIGHT TIME!

tinman, Gray_Jay, CHI and 1 other person like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Clutch and bima alluded in the CF podcast that the extra year in the Russ contact likely means a repeat of last year's debacle.

Reading between the lines...Tillman sent those signals before the big trade so understandably no one wants to hit lux tax more than three times let alone once.

10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

agreed, even tho i dont like the guy, agreed. also, love the new icon.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Why would Minny be so desperate to help us get RoCo?

I understand that Gerson comes from our FO but why would he want to do us a solid in taking on a resigned Iman Shumpert for basically the few picks we can begin to trade after 2026? His value would be higher netting someone like D-Lo from the Warriors, which I realize has already been mentioned.

I highly doubt we have a chance at bringing RoCo back with the lack of current valuable assets available to us. So I guess it makes sense to list an Iggy acquisition as option 1B rather than option 2A.