1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets only 1 game behind Warriors in the loss column!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Nov 18, 2018.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

It's November 18th. The GARM in full effect!

hakeem94 and napalm06 like this.
  2. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

This happened a couple of seasons back, they had injury issues throughout the season and even the playoffs, but the stars aligned for them when it mattered and they won the chip.

So I'm not too elated at this moment.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Deserves its own thread @Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Forsure but the nba and west in general is so much better than 4-5 years ago.

Teams and players have def closed the gap it’s not just the rockets.

Do they have the most talent? Absolutely.

But we’re getting to see klay Thompson and to a lesser degree dragmond greens true colors.

These guys are complimentary high level role players. I get klay can score 50 points but he only does that next to steph and KD giving him wide open shots. He’s a great shooter and he’s still got to make them and he does, it’s impressive no doubt but ask him to create and its garbage. I watched the mavs game last night and I’d take luka Doncic over klay if I’m giving out max money tomorrow and wouldn’t think twice. Klay was so bad trying to get his own shot and KD just iso and shoots every time.

KD is not as good as everyone thinks he is great scorer not a leader and not a guy who elevated anyone but himself. I’ll take Harden all day if I’m trying to win 55 games with no other allstar on my team. He’s very Lebron like in that aspect.

Would I rather have klay in Houston? Yes because klay skill set goes with harden and cp3 and doncic overlaps too much although he would be a great bridge from cp3 to him as 2nd best player in 2 years.

Green don’t get me started. I’ve never seen a great defender who avg 10 points on poor shooting with 7 rebound and 7 assists get called a superstar top 15 player.

It’s insane, most overrated player of this decade by far. Players like kemba walker who gets no love is a much better player then donkey green.

Once again steph out and green can’t buy a bucket and turns the ball over as much as he gets assists. He’s not worth even 15m a season imo. I’ll take tucker who is not as good at anything green does expect being a better shooter but is good enough and makes 75% less going foward. The gap is not that big on D imo.

Rockets have a style on offense and defense that is just different than any team in the nba and it slows everyone down and literally forces even the warriors to play our game. That’s why we have more wins over them than any team the last 4-5 seasons.

Rockets defense with the switching works. We’re legit elite on that end. Don’t listen to the media we’re A very very good defensive team with Clint down low. I actually think ennis now that he’s healthy is fantastic he what we needed. He’s a big quick athletic pest he’s framing everywhere. He’s a little erratic but that’s what makes him different than Ariza.

Offensively as long as we have James we’ll get good looks guy including him have to hit if we do that we can beat GS in the playoffs just like we had a chance last season even when cp3 went down. We still had double digit leads in both those games playing our style. That was all harden.

Maybe ppl can just start giving harden his due as the best force in basketball. I don’t want to hear about Giannis or AD anymore. Those guys have won way less than jh and get hyped on talent and what could be. It’s so annoying.

We’re watching historic stuff with James that’s why I try not to miss any games because we won’t see a player this good for the rockets let alone the nba in a very long time just like Lebron smd curry. Those 3 are just special special talents and if James can get his chip ppl will start to give him his due as the 3 rd best SG and a top 20 player off all time.

5. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Well said brother. No homerism on my part. I really do know that Harden is the best player in the league. I still can’t believe we got Harden.....a generational talent....like Dream. Yao could have been in that category but his career was severely shortened.

The Rockets last year when healthy was the best team and would have celebrated the 3rd championship for the franchise no doubt. I like what I see in this team the past 8 or so games. They are the force they were last year and health is all we ask for in the playoffs.

This team is great. They need to win that ring this year that shoulda been last year.

Lawlruschang, YaoMing#1 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. TheresTheDagger

Worriers OH for 3 on Texas swing.

I love it.

D-rock, Mathloom and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It’s so early in the season though. 30 games in is a better indication of how good the West really is. Favorable schedules, hot starts, cold starts, all make huge impacts on early season records.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

underrated comment

ramotadab and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Is the dreaded texas triangle back?

ramotadab likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The West looks banged up.

Rockets look already in the driver's seat sitting calmly back there.

Jake Tower and hakeem94 like this.
  12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Let’s focus on catching the 9th seed first. Hold your horses.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you talking about mavs in the GARM?

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

Let's play 60 games first. By then we will know who are the true contenders and pretenders. Many of the so-called "improved" teams will start struggling and fall back to their mediocre median.

Sajan likes this.
  15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

whoever was talking $hit about morey needs to get their ass booted outta here.

D-rock, ramotadab and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Western Conference is eating itself.

When the Rockets started 1-5 and 4-7.....I felt at the time perhaps their best bet was to finish with the #3 seed, home court in the first round and outside of the GSW side of the bracket.

NOW? Basically the #1 seed is BACK on the table with the west eating itself like this. Just madness!

D-rock, jordnnnn and hakeem94 like this.
  17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's a formality at this point.

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

Warriors will go on a 10 game winning streak soon...portland will lose 5 in a row..
    memphis and clippers will be fighting for the 9th spot..

19. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Need Curry back desperately for a chance at that, they like the rest of the top teams look meh this year so far.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

At 1-5 I was hoping for 3rd seed. Granted that was probably a too early knee jerk, but now I don’t see how we don’t end up 1 or 2 once again.

BaselineFade likes this.