1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets offering future draft picks for wing player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jan 24, 2020.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If Bolden is available for a 2rp or cash, then it is a no-brainer.

Great length, god athlete, decent shooter, can play the 4/5. Would fill the void behind Capela/ Tucker as the big man in the rotation.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

if we're giving up the rest of our picks, we need to get a solid upgrade.. not a side grade.

Relativist likes this.
  3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Funny given we had a 6'8 SF/PF with size that could score & rebound, but mysteriously waived him after 11 games. A year later, that position is still a need

slickricky likes this.
  4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Thabo Sefolosha, Nene need to be traded to add younger talent at Small Forward

Ben Mclemore and Danuel House should be 9th and 10th guys off the bench

Chris Clemons, Isaiah Hartenstein, Michael Frazier have value why not trade for other bench players that are a Small Forward or Power Forward.

Need a younger Andre Igoudala, Trevor Ariza, Luc Richard Mbah Moute they have height, long wingspan, athletic, 3point shooter, create their own shot, better dribbler

BigShasta, Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

Does someone know how many draft picks we gave up on bad trades, i.e. a trade to get rid of a player or acquire a really mediocre one? Don't include Westbrook please.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Morris would be great. But i can't help but see the irony. We drafted the guy #14. We traded the guy for not much. He continued to elevate his game. Now we are gonna spend 1st rounders to get him back. Same with Covington. Undrafted FA (or late 2nd rounder -can't remember). We cut the guy for a roster spot. He continued to elevate his game. Now we are gonna spend 1st rounders to get him back.

Maybe we should actually develop players, keep them, and see what happens. The only player we've actually drafted and developed on our roster is Clint Capela. Look how that turned out. That's also the last time i can remember having a 1st round draft pick (i could be wrong).

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bolden biggest issue is he fouls too dang much.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Let it go, Melo sucked as a Rocket. Bad fit offensively and would not defend, resisted coming off bench.

Same issues in OKC.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

can't add too many guys. the receiving team would need to cut their own to make room. I took into consideration who those teams probably wouldn't want to cut leaving them with the 2 for 1 possibility but not the 3 for 1. also we can't add any salary without staying over the tax. so using nene in a trade that brings back salary would require us to not just match salaries (like for bertans) but take back less to avoid the tax.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

That’s why I said we would need to involve a third team if it involved a 3 to 1. Like re-route Nene to a garbage team that can afford to cut him and using a roster spot and give them a second rounder as an incentive.

However, to your point with regards to not making trades that would put us over the tax.........you are 100% correct....we won’t add anyone and this forum is going to riot the day of the trade deadline.

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

2015 to 2019 Firsts - 5 years 5 Firsts.

Knight has a bad contracts, need picks to get rid of.

Ariza was worth a First, get rid of a First.

12. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

We need a plan for what Clutchfans will cover during the 5 years in which the post-Harden, post-Westbrook, post-Morey Rockets suck and have no picks.

I nominate "Spurs site." (That's a joke for the 99ers)

BigShasta likes this.
  13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

February 6th will come and go without a splash.

MDA must utilize the damn bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mazulis and hakeem94 like this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I agree. We need a PF nit more wings wtf. Tucker is supposed to be a wing to begin with.

Mazulis, raining threes and hakeem94 like this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

See 2009-13, but more boring and no pot stirring figure like...Kevin Martin.

16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

A post Harden and Morey era would mean that we will have enough salary for another star or good pieces to fill in. But we need the right GM to take over Morey because we have a iffy owner. Hopefully one of Morey’s own staff.

17. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Bro we are not getting anywhere with him. Nor do we have the time to wait on him. Our best chance was for him to show any promise so we could throw him in to the Iggy deal. As is, we can’t trade him therefore he is useless to us.

18. Garner

Garner Member

Morey in “I won’t be around long enough to give a **** about these picks” mode.

J Sizzle likes this.
  19. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

The Rockets are world class at finding random picks, undrafted players, and turning them into potential rotation players. I understand why now they don't want to bother too much with 1st rounders, which is a crapshoot, and you have to pay them guaranteed money. List of recent guys the Rockets drafted in 2nd round or further that ended up being successful:

Danuel House, Montrezl Harrell, Pat Beverly, Rob Covington, Harteinstein, Chris Clemons, De'Anthony Melton. Verdict still out on Gary Clark.

But yes, the key point that you mentioned, is that the Rockets rarely actually retain these pieces lol. I can be frustrating at times.

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

naw people yall are missing the madness.

can i probe your mind a sec. n clutchfans

u have 2 mvps in there prime. u give every drqft pick u can hell tell 2024 lol.

why u ask. cquse u hqve to cqsh in on winning a title now.

heres the part u n clutchfans miss.

u do know if u trade ur future picks n it doesnt work thqt u just trade hqrden n westbrooke for whatever picks u may have lost. bam

at somepoint u do hqve to rebuild. every team does