1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robinson foul on Dwight vs Parson foul on Aldridge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RHU525, Apr 28, 2014.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Can someone show me videos of these two fouls? It sure seemed like Robinson hit Dwight twice as hard and didn't get a flagrant.

I think the NBA needs to seriously reconsider how they call Flagrant fouls. Just because Dwight is bigger and Stronger it seems he gets penalized.

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

that "flagrant" was ridiculous. he hit him across the arms and inadvertently MAY have grazed his head. i knew it wasn't a flagrant, but i knew they would call it one.

3. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I'm good with the call on Parsons. It was a very rough foul and I'd say barely a flagrant 1. Even if you graze the head, its still a foul on the head and a flagrant. Definitely NOT a flagrant 2. They got that call right.

4. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I don't know where the video is, but that call was so stupid. My god, I understand if he was trying not go for the ball. But clearly was going for the ball and grazed his head.

5. dream_team

dream_team Member

I don't think any foul that involves the head is considered a flagrant foul. There's the foul where Lin got smacked in the head, and he was down for several seconds. I didn't think that foul was flagrant, and it wasn't called that way. Just because Parsons grazed his head doesn't make it flagrant.

6. dream_team

dream_team Member

To be honest, this is why flopping exists. Whether they admit it or not, refs will be influenced by how the player getting fouled reacts. I'm not saying LMA flopped, but after the foul, LMA flails his arms and falls to the ground. Even the announcers mentioned, after reviewing the replay, the foul looked alot worse than it actually was.

Dwight, on the other hand, doesn't flop or embellish contact. It's not in his DNA. And that's why he gets no flagrant. If Dwight fell to the ground and stayed down like he just go jabbed in the neck, then he would have gotten the flagrant.

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

That was one of the few times I've actually seen someone knock Dwight to the ground.

8. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Like the 'Flagrant' foul by Aldridge on Lin where he almost took Lin's head off?