1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roberto Osuna 'likely' needs Tommy John surgery

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by J.R., Aug 4, 2020.

1. Major

Major Member

I do remember stuff about Chapman, though certainly not as much as Osuna, but I also get most of my sports news from here. Don't remember anything about Russell, but googling it today, it looks like when they resigned him back in 2018, he openly accepted responsibility for his actions and discussed his failings, the organization was in constant contact with the ex-wife to discuss it with her, he went into therapy and treatment programs, etc. It seems like, if you are going to give someone a 2nd chance, that was a reasonable good way to handle it. It was also a player that was on their roster already, so they didn't proactively go out and pursue him. Personally, I do think Chapman is a better comparison because the Yankees were like the Astros where they saw underpriced value and proactively went after it.

Joe Joe, msn and raining threes like this.
  2. raining threes

If you care more about critcism. Than winning championship's then I get where you're coming from.

Enjoy the participation ribbon

3. raining threes

Wouldn't have bothered me a bit

There's a reason yep,

Manfred gave the media their pound of flesh and MLB doesn't like small market win at all costs GM's. Can't have the little guy beating up the major market teams. If I was a team like the Twins I would hire Luhnow in a heartbeat.

People who put winning first and foremost are very rare.

#63 raining threes, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Astros medical staff re-writing the standard management of UCL tears.

Rest, rehab, painkillers, injections, get 85-95% of what you once were for a month, then surgery.

Unless you're Brady Aiken... THEN YOU GET NOTHING! (or you get a token offer which nets the team Alex Freakin Bregman).

texans1095 likes this.