1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. dmoneybangbang

Come on man.... The Trump campaign had contacts and information sharing with Russian linked associates.

Do we throw out Benghazi because the GOP hated Clinton? A serious slippery slope you are engaged in.... only Dems can investigate Dems?

mikol13, CometsWin, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Exactly. Did it matter if the FBI liked Al Capone or Ted Bundy? I'm not saying all criminals are created equal, of course, but this allegiance requirement is illogical.

3. TheresTheDagger

Secret courts not open to the public using salacious dossiers filled with falsehoods to surveil a major party candidate for President.
    An FBI lawyer changing emails in a fraudulent manner in order to bolster FISA warrants to continue that surveillance.

Business as usual...amiright?

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

"secret courts"? "salacious dossiers". "surveil a major party candidate"?

[​IMG]

5. dmoneybangbang

The GOP doesn’t like FISA courts? Where was the outrage until now? I wonder...

Trump should have actually hired the best, instead of a bunch of folks with ties Russia. Read the Mueller Report.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

So I should care to change the FISA court system because its lack of transparency can lead to abuse? I'm not opposed to reforms to FISA, but I can also understand there's going to be a need for secrecy while investigating foreign intel campaigns. Not sure how to split the baby to maintain transparency while also maintaining secrecy.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Be less like Trump and actually read the Mueller Report.

8. TheresTheDagger

Yes. FISA courts are hidden from the public.

Yes. The Steele dossier is a salacious dossier.

Yes. The surveillance of Carter Page, a member of the Trump campaign, using said dossier.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why are they stealth?

10. NewRoxFan

1. You'd like FISA hearings to held on TV like Judge Judy? Here is an article on how the FISA courts work: https://www.lawfareblog.com/how-fisa-court-really-works

2. Could you post the Steele Dossier... I'd like to read the salacious parts.

3. Carter Page was a "major party candidate"? For what office?

11. TheresTheDagger

Good question.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They may be under the jurisdiction of space force which requires cloaking.

No Worries and NewRoxFan like this.
  13. TheresTheDagger

When did you stop beating your wife?

No wonder you're so clueless. It took me all of 40 seconds to locate this online.
    https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984-Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.html

Carter Page was certainly a part of Trump's campaign. But you knew that and are simply trolling.

cml750 likes this.
  14. TheresTheDagger

[​IMG]

15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can remember all the people around here on the right who were clamoring that the Patriot Act (which expanded FISA) wasn't enough when it was enacted, and I didn't hear any grumbles when it was expanded in 2008. You weren't here (at least not under this moniker) so I don't know what you thought at the time but if you objected then you were in an extreme conservative minority.

But most of the objections to the expansion of secret government power came from the left between 2000-2016. If you unleash the whirlwind, you should be mindful that it can always turn back on you. In fact you should assume it will. Galatians 6:7 and all that.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"salacious dossier" is apparently CNN's term

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

19. NewRoxFan

W.T.F. ?!?

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

FISA judgements should have a timed window for declassification in order to display some semblance of transparency. The court itself might not be a rubber stamp, but IG report shows how departments can hack the process because of the high degree of trust the courts hold for the agencies.

This habit of classifying everything is part of the rot that allows the intel community to do whatever they please in the all encompassing blanket of national security.

Corrosion, mdrowe00 and Ottomaton like this.