1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. TheresTheDagger

You know, not even the Senate Democrats tried to defend the dossier today....much less Horowitz.

But KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

cml750 likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm talking about facts. It is a fact that multiple parts of the Steele Dossier have been verified. You can cry about Horowitz or Senate Democrats or whatever you'd like. Right now, I'm talking about facts. Nothing you've posted or linked change those.

3. TheresTheDagger

https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf

You want to discuss facts, fine. How bout these facts?

From page 12 of the Executive Summary of the Horowitz report:

Our review found that FBI personnel fell far short of the requirement in FBI policy that they ensure that all factual statements in a FISA application are "scrupulously accurate." We identified multiple instances in w hich factual assertions relied upon in the first FI SA application were in accurate, incomplete, or unsupported by appropriate documentation, based upon information the FBI had in its possession at the time the application was filed. We found that the problems we identified were primarily caused by the Crossfire Hurricane team failing to share all re levant information with QI and, consequently, t he informatio n was not consid ered by the Department decision makers who ultimately decided to support t he applications.

cml750 likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

DaDakota, da_juice, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You guys love this instance but you always frame it as if it was the case with the entire Russia investigation.

You are cherry picking to create a false narrative about the entire probe. This was only related to the Carter Page FISA warrant and Page was never charged. There was nothing noted in any of the criminals who were charged.

Not one time in your post did you mention the name Carter Page. That’s a pretty damn important thing to note. It’s a disingenuous attempt to push a conspiracy theory that the Dems and Hillary manufactured an investigation out of thin air. This was Trumps own Justice Department, and there was predicate to open an investigation.

DaDakota and RayRay10 like this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do not approve of warrants gathered without sufficient evidence. I am happy the IG uncovered that.

DaDakota, dobro1229 and da_juice like this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I will say though that the tactic of simply screaming during a hearing is a really good tactic by the Republicans. I simply could not watch the hearing today because I was busy with work, but the moments I did tune in, I had to immediately turn back off simply due to the insane volume of guys like Ted Cruz who were doing their best “voice imodulation” impressions as an obvious tactic to turn people off so they only hear a quick clip (FBI = Bad Dems) and turn off.

It’s a tactic that really does work.

9. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

So the facts in the dossier justify the renewals even after the dossier was proven to be trash (except for these facts)? Which facts?

10. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

There is a lot of fake outrage going on and a lack of concern going on. One thing that stood out to me was that there are a lot of really phucking old senators. There should be a mandatory retirement age, IMO.

I gotta give it up to Horowitz though. In all of these **** shows, he seems to be about the most impartial guy I've seen so far.

dobro1229 likes this.
  11. cml750

cml750 Member

Everyone seems to be saying this means there was no political bias in this whole boondoggle. If you look at what was actually stated, the IG did not find DOCUMENTARY or TESTIMONIAL evidence of political bias. That translates to mean nobody admitted to political bias in their testimonies and nobody wrote down anything showing political bias. It does not mean there was no political bias only that nobody admitted to it. The nefarious actions taken to by to get the FISA warrants and renewals speak volumes as to whether there was any bias.

B@ffled and Pistol Pete like this.
  12. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

This post will be conveniently ignored because it’s true. It’s in Horowitz’s testimony.

cml750 likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If the standard is not DOCUMENTARY or TESTIMONIAL evidences, then what should it be?

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Horowitz explicitly stated that there was proper justification to start the probe and obtain the warrants.

From his process of interviewing hundreds of witnesses and searching though thousands of pages of documentation, he concluded that the FBI has a systemic problem with bring lazy and using shortcuts to streamline the process to obtain these warrants. His conclusion is that the errors were based from incompetence and a desire to make things move faster because of laziness and a lack of attention to detail. Is it a problem? Yes it is. This also is an issue with almost any lengthy bureaucratic process that requires immense amount of documentation. Humans will be humans and employees will find ways to shortcut their way to finish their jobs.

To assume these errors were from a motive of political bias requires actual evidence. Even the Trump supporting agents who were involved in Crossfire Hurricane who were interviewed saw no political bias.

I'm sure if you apply similar amount of scrutiny to all FiSA warrent applications from the FBI, you would find similar amounts of shortcutting and documentation errors. The report explicitly also gave rather detailed remedies to solve these systemic issues. The FISA process does need improvement. Unfortunately Trump bootlickers are turning this into a actual political witchunt and don't really care about solving systemic problems. Because the Trump bootlicking remedy isn't to solve the root cause of the problems. The Trump bootlicking remedy here is to push out any FBI agents who don't bootlick for Trump.

#9454 fchowd0311, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Hopes and feelings.

Amiga likes this.
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

When the facts and evidence don't gell, go to feelings? A lot of that is going on now as part of the GOP strategy. There has been constant yelling by house republicans members recently, the kind that you normally see on entertainment news, such as Hannity. Very effective for a cultishness base.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The dossier is another distraction.

Has no relevance in anything.

DD

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'll be honest, I haven't paid much attention to the report and the noise around it. Probably, it's confirmation bias on my part -- there's nothing to seize upon to proclaim victory so I'm not interested at all. Probably, that's not good so I'll make a tiny effort but the debate around it is making it too complicated. And I don't see why it matters to me if the FBI has internal problems or if Carter Page was somehow maligned. So, if I can ask @cml750 or @TheresTheDagger or anyone else to do me this one favor: high level, what should all this make me believe? That the whole investigation into Trump's campaign really was a witch hunt and Trump was an innocent lamb whose civil rights were trampled?

19. dmoneybangbang

Lindsey Graham? Lol....

The p***y who had the courage to impeach Clinton over lying about a blowjob but can’t find his balls at the moment?

Rashmon likes this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

Nor does it change the fact that the Mueller Report established the Trump campaign had contacts and information sharing with Russian backed associates.