1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I use google. You act like google is trying to promote their employees admittance of wrongdoing. The video of her should speak for itself. Calm down with your personal attacks.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

InfoWars missed this important story?

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

"Personal attacks?" Are you kidding? If you want to be respected, post a source that's respectable, not RT, the first thing you posted. Did you even know what that "source" actually was?

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

There is a reason i deleted it before you could even quote it. Calm down. They had very good english for some russians. The project veritas video speaks for itself.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I was expecting english like this guy
    [​IMG]

Or maybe Boris and Natashia looking to kill moose and squirrel.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Look, you are actually one of the few "trump supporters, not matter what he does" people down here that I actually respect. You have to understand why I reacted the way I did, though. RT is a well known government controlled 24/7 Russian "news" outlet. Sort of like The Global Times is for China, which is controlled by the Chinese government for the same reasons. They're rational for existence is to support the government and present that support as legitimate news, rather than the propaganda it often is.

You may not have realized just what RT is, and if you didn't, I apologize. Not everyone does. Being a news junkie for the last several decades, I'm aware of a lot of the sources of news around the world. They all used to be easy to access, but now many are behind paywalls. Anyway, keep digging. Eventually, I think you'll understand the truth of what's going on. In my opinion, you aren't there yet, but at least you try. :)

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's pretend that they were actually politically biased (their not) why is that the same as what Russia is doing? FoxNews, YoungTurks, MSNBC are all politically biased. But they are more or less American. That is different than a hostile foreign power hacking into voter rolls, and all of the other things Russia has been doing and attempting to do.

Also if the votes aren't able to be certified because state voter rolls were hacked, it doesn't matter whether or not Trump leaves or doesn't leave the presidential office. What matters is that Americans will no longer trust our democracy. That is a huge win for Russia. It serves them.

Google being or not being biased doesn't make Americans any longer trust our democracy.

#9207 FranchiseBlade, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Internet users dont use foxnews or msnbc as their search engines. I go to Google's second page sometimes when searching but usually not.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The allegation is that Russia hacked or tried to hack voting systems in all 50 states. They hacked and leaked emails of targeted politicians and other professionals to create political scandals. Can Google compete with that?

joshuaao, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree a biased google search is not ideal. It isn't in any way equivalent to what Russia has done or is continuing to try and do. So even if they do create a biased search it doesn't achieve the goal of destabilizing American's faith in our democracy.

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think i am starting to understand it all now..

https://t.co/g3TgD4GytD
    Mitch McConnell is a Russian asset - WaPo

Maybe we should require ID to vote?

12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I mean...Deflection!

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

The issue isn't with Russian's posing as US citizens..... but I don't think you're that dumb.

14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

He's admitted to just trolling on here. I actually think he's one of the better trolls too. Writes a one liner open ended enough to make you think he's sincere but he's just here to piss of those damn liberals who will write paragraphs in reply to attempt to show him the light. And people fall for it, hook, line and sinker so often.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. Spooner

Spooner Member

I think it would be fair to definitively say that every poster who has admitted to trolling or every poster who has been banned from this forum on account of something they said in D&D was expressing some idiotic right wing sentiment. Maybe CF is as unfair and "biased" as Google!!!!

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

BUT HER EMAILS!!

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Bump, You guys were much better at painting Trump a Russian agent than racist and you were so dedicated at one time.

cml750 and Silent_Bob like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I honestly miss having sincere debates with conservative posters like @Space Ghost or @Duncan McDonuts. At least I knew they were sincere in their views and debated on sincerely held beliefs.

Now we have edgelords like @mick fry and @dachuda86. I guess it's emblematic of trumps cult of personality.

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

Where are they at now? Could it be they gave up on having a sincere debate?

Silent_Bob likes this.
  20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The reasonable conservative person is gone.

Only cultist left.