1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. HTM

HTM Member

Hard to imagine any report ever being able to flatter Trump and those around him. This was always going to shed a negative light on Trump & Associates to some degree. It just appears it won't be enough to bring down the administration.

ryan_98 likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Interesting takeaway. The Mueller report concluded that russians did attempt to interfere in the presidential election, that a number people including members of trump's campaign and administration, that the investigation was hindered by trump admin people lying to investigators, and that there efforts by the trump to obstruct that didn't happen because people in his admin refused to follow his orders.

And that's just from what we already know from Mueller's report.

superfob, joshuaao, quikkag and 3 others like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

Correct... and one disconcerting part was the way barr communicated (including sharing the report with trumps lawyers) out the desired takeaways that allowed trump to send out early messaging to set their version of the story before the public could actually learn the complete findings of the report.

But... people will believe what they want to believe, and so the report won't really make any difference.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tru dat home skillet

5. NewRoxFan

And interesting to note (1) trump believes lawyers don't take notes and pointed to roy cohn as his standard and (2) michael cohen made tape recordings...

No Worries and quikkag like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Oh I never believed they would take down his administration, that was a fantasy IMO.

I will just say that the report is more critical and blunt about Donald Trump than I expected. It is very clear that Donald Trump asked subordinates to lie, that he attempted to interfere in the investigation and that he himself lied. I expected the report to be a lot more vague concerning the behavior of the President and those around him.

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

keep hope alive. keep hope alive. keep hope alive.

cml750 likes this.
  9. dc rock

10. HTM

HTM Member

The Mueller team wrote the report so I expected it to be candid. I never got the sense he would take it easy on the President.

I expect a lot of folks will sift through it looking for juicy "gotcha" type things but at the end of the day nothings going to happen.

11. NewRoxFan

12. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

No Worries likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

It isn't a matter of taking it easy on the President, I just expected there to be very little evidence and to be based on conjecture. The reality is that doesn't appear to be the case. I have no idea what comes out of it. I think Barr made a mistake in exactly how he has handled the situation as well.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

I know the idea that sarah huckabee sanders would have lied to investigators is hard to believe, but...

Nook and quikkag like this.
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

16. dc rock

17. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang and dc rock like this.
  18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Getting into tidbits funniest part so far is how mueller is showing that trumps orders are not followed and if they were they would amount to obstruction lol. what a clown

Rashmon, Nook and quikkag like this.
  19. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

I had read a couple weeks ago that this seemed to be Mueller's intent, following the precedent set by how Watergate was handled. The evidence was reported to Congress, leaving the House to make the decision to impeach.

20. NewRoxFan

I am not a lawyer, so who knows but I'd guess that obstruction as an abuse of power by a president wouldn't require the person following the order, but the intent proven by the giving orders to obstruct. But again... not a lawyer, so I could be wrong.