1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Horry: I don't want to watch the Rockets. Especially James. Thats not fun basketball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Harden is made the poster boy for it . .. . but then when they mention it with other players they kind of slush it off
    They all do it

They mainly talk about the three point shot but the reality is .. . Harden gets fouled MORE THAN IS CALLED
    when he goes into the lane . . .

Rocket River

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

How is it Harden's fault if defenders get caught reaching?
    How is it Harden's fault if refs keep calling it?
    How is it Harden's fault if the NBA hasn't made an official statement about curtailing it?

KD did the same damn thing and he doesn't have the reputation that Harden does.

Richie_Rich and BigMaloe like this.
  3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

In the eyes of the haters, Harden is abusing the rules and is literally hitler.

Daddy Long Legs and BigShasta like this.
  4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Everything is Harden's fault, don't you read Clutchfans?

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We can hate on this comment all we want but Horry is not the only person to say this. I love Harden but until he becomes less reliant on the whistle people are going to continue to say these things. People want to watch teams like the Warriors who jack up 3's at insane distances. Westbrook who gets a triple double every night. Lebron building super teams and insane dunks and athleticism. His audience and fan base needs to grow in order for refs to give him what he wants come playoff time. Until that happens, we are going to have to fight real hard to get that ring and respect.

rm365 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Honestly, not sure how people can possibly blame Harden for this. As Nichols said, why would Harden leave points on the floor when NBA refs are giving that to him? It would piss me off if Harden stopped doing something that helps us win because of his reputation. Credit to Harden for tuning the hate out and getting points in a way thats working. Its on the NBA to fix the rules, not on Harden to not take advantage of an exploitable edge.

With that said, the NBA may need a rule change on this.

Easy and rm365 like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's a tired argument. My confidence levels for James Harden is at zero, but it's time for these people that are supposed to be experts recognize his guile and creativity.

However, Harden needs to stop relying on the whistle in winning time that's for damn sure.

I haven't watched any sports information shows since game 5.

dragonwill, saleem and Torn n Frayed like this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Isn't Tmac normally a regular on this show?
    Is this the same as his NBA schedule where he never works in June ?

9. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

all the superstars are on two teams and he is complaining about other teams not being fun to watch.....i wonder why

10. tinman

Supporting Member

The rockets were not all that fun to watch when things go wrong
    Watching a team miss 20 three pointers and trying to get foul calls is not fun

11. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

if only they had more talent

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Our team and our system are not balanced.
    Remember Horry was on teams that beat D'Antoni. And he was on Clutch City, a team full of balance on the defense and offensive end.
    multiple shot blockers, multiple players who can steal and rebound and many good shooters .

Draymon Green should give Horry some of his paychecks cause Horry was the original stretch 4 who could do all the dirty work Draymon is getting credit for. Plus Horry was a significantly more clutch shooter.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

here is the thing . . . .. . .

The foul is on the reach in . . .it's a foul
    The only weird part is when the player just throws it to the basket for free throws. . . .
    EVERY PLAYER DOES THAT . . . PERIOD
    Harden just does it behind the three point line . . .

Serious.. . . coming off that pick .. . IF HE DOES NOT DO IT . . it should still be a foul
    BUT . .. IF HE DOES NOT DO THAT . .. . HE WON'T GET THE FOUL CALL
    that is on the refs
    Him not doing it. . means the defense can impede is progress using illegal tactics without punshment
    Then people will start saying he is not an elite scorer or a good offensive player
    When the defense can grab pull tugg on you . . .. then you cannot score.. . . people says good defense
    and poor offense . . . he should not be the only player made to over come that

The issue is . . .we call it foul baiting . .and maybe it is .. . but it is also a legit shot most times.

It kills me how often Harden is hacked in the lane with out call
    so then he does this behind the three point line and then gets that call
    then people want to whine about that

Rocket River

15. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

so much truth. this is why it's hate. they keep their mouth s shut and don't say a word when harden gets hacked and doesn't go to the free-throw line. That happens so often, but the moment he get three free throws it's a disgrace to the game.

where are the people hating on the refs for not giving Harden the foul calls on his drives? but the moment he goes to the free-throw line, the haters come out

RocketsTruth and BigMaloe like this.
  16. likestohypeguy

Not allowed to simultaneously be glad he's taking advantage of the rule for your team, and admit it's not fun to watch at the same time?

Easy likes this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

In the end it's understandable, personally i don't have a problem with it cause at this point i understand how the nba is officiated, and maybe also cause i'm a Rockets fan lol...but i think a lot of us would hate or at least would find Harden a bit annoying if he would play against us.

Different aspects of the game, but it's basically the same reason why fans of other teams hates Drayomond, he takes advantage from his status (or his team status) and some cheap stuff to impact the game, which is effective but also annoying for others. We hate Green, but if he would play here we would love him simply cause he's also very good.

#18 Vivi, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Rockets this year had the 10th best offense of all time.

Not in the season or the decade. Ever

Not fun basketball? Ok. I guess. Maybe scoring lots of points with dunks and 3s at a high pace ismt your thing. Maybe your into Rockets Knicks or Jazz-Bulls brickfests where the first team to score 84 points wins

You know what really wasn't fun basketball? Watching those late 90's - early 00's Shaq Lakers or Duncan Spurs teams that Horry spent most of his career on.

That was the worst, most defense heavy era in NBA history - and it showed, ratings were terrible. That was not fun basketball.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Think that because the NBA ( and NFL ) for that matter decided to take judgment out to lessen controversy, this is the deal. So doubt they will go back. It's going to be what it is. We all know curry wasn't shooting a 3 from half court yesterday. We all know Harden isn't shooting off the pick and roll. But raise the arms with two hands on the ball and you are shooting. I don't think it strips the fun out, nor is a big change from the Jordan years, but I do think most of us realize they aren't really shooting the ball, and more players are about to start doing it. It's going to get ugly for a while, but defenders will adjust.