1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Could Form the Superteam to End All Superteams in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm fine with Lebron signed with the MLE

D-rock likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That's fascinating. Windhorst is plugged in with Lebron and nothing changed at the trade deadline to make Lebron to Houston easier for the Rockets. For him to say "lining up for Lebron to Houston" is very surprising.

D-rock likes this.
  3. da_juice

da_juice Member

@BimaThug pointed out on Twitter that the Rockets have $5.1 million they haven't touched; I wouldn't be surprised if Morey buys a bunch of partial guarantee/short term contracts to trade for LeBron in a SnT a la what we did with CP3

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Can you link please? I'd appreciate it.

5. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I don't think you can buy more than what your roster can hold right? We only have one roster opening left for one buyout, so we can't issue more than one contract right? So if we offer JJ just 1.6 mil, we forfeit the other 3.5 mil right?

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Didn't hear the above ("everything lining up for Houston - on the podcast version anyways) but did hear b**** ass McGrady says he's too great to go to a team like Houston. :rolleyes:

(Confident Magic can land two big stars?) Windhorst: If they're gonna get one, they're gonna get two. The two would come together but if not, I don't think they're both gonna come.

Wilbon: LeBron's primary goal has to be I want to dethrone Golden State. Where do you go where that best can be achieved?

McGrady: Not to go & team up with a team like Houston. No, he's too great for that.

Windhorst: LeBron wants to enjoy the rest of his career. I heard Stephen A. say this morning he's under all kinds of pressure. He holds himself to a standard but I don't think he's under any more pressure.

DonKnock, BigShasta and D-rock like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lebron is too great to go to a team like Houston? Huh? McGrady, please explain...

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  8. justtxyank

That benefit is almost gone. Only applies to contracts signed before the new CBA

9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Basically saying, I didn't succeed in Houston and I don't want someone else succeed.

DonKnock, BigggReddd and D-rock like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

McGrady did say that he’d bet on Houston beating GS in a 7 game series...in his eyes, Lebron is too great to hop onto the bandwagon of a championship Rockets team

Bron can’t join a Rockets team that just won a chip :eek:, people will come for his head

joshuaao and Roc Paint like this.
  11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Yeah, TMac isn't knocking Houston, he's basically saying Lebron isn't a complete b**** like Durant and willing to join the best team in the NBA just to guarantee a ring.

12. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

In the off-season roster expands to 18 or 20 I think.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. eslate22

eslate22 Member

gottlieb just said on first things first that there is no way lebron goes to houston because of the clash of the shoe titans in adidas vs nike... lebron wouldn’t want to help promote another shoe company... i don’t see how that being a reason but you never know

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

ridiculous click bait news probably

SS0101 and DonKnock like this.
  15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I just saw that clip. That's gotta be the dumbest reason I've ever heard. That borders on wishful thinking.

Look, I thought after the trades last week that he's probably staying in Cleveland. They're gonna make the Finals yet again and even though they'll likely lose to the Warriors or Rockets, why in God's name would he bail on a team that made it to 4 straight Finals? Yes, I'm aware he left the Heat after accomplishing the same feat with them, but there were personnel reasons that drove him back to the Cavs since Wade couldn't play B2Bs. Not to mention the allure of bringing a championship to his hometown appealed to him.

If he doesn't go to the Rockets or Lakers, it's not because of a shoe deal. It'll be because he doesn't think his chances at winning a title improve with the move out West compared to remaining in Cleveland. And I don't see another team in the East offering him a better shot. He's not signing with Boston. Milwaukee isn't good enough with him to beat the Warriors or Rockets. And while the Sixers would be intriguing, there are too many concerns surrounding the health of Embiid to sign there.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gottlieb just said on First Things First that there is no way Durant goes to Golden State because of the clash of the shoe titans in Under Armour vs Nike... Durant wouldn’t want to help promote another shoe company.

:rolleyes:

Chris Paul is with Jordan/Nike. I think they're doing okay.

BallSoHarden, Deuce, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is after he said Houston is only a top media market in name alone, and that LeBron wouldn't come here because it's not LA, NY, Miami, etc. The guy is a complete douche who comes off as a mousy little hater. He's just grasping at straws and uses zero logic in anything he says. He probably wouldn't even understand the irony of what you posted.

18. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I heard that KD was told by Nike to go to GSW for that exact reason, to suffocate Stephen Curry and drive under armor into the ground. It has worked beautifully so far.

Stormy1234 and DonKnock like this.
  19. justtxyank

He is right about the media market issue. We have never been great from a media market perspective relative to our population.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LBJ is not leaving Cleveland after the trades. He looks rejuvenated.

Stormy1234 likes this.