1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ricky Rubio actively on the trading block

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jun 22, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

BigMaloe and Vivi like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Looks like i was wrong lol

Anyway, Thibs would love to get Beverly soo ****ing much...i wonder what he thinks about Ryan though...

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Rubio, Aldrich to NYC for Joakim Noah and a future 2nd.

Minny gets about $4 million more in cap space... which probably isn't enough for what they want to do...

But who in the NBA both needs a PG and would want Rubio to be that one?

da_juice likes this.
  4. Lightsnowaction

Makes 100% sense to do that. Hopefully not Beverley.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Basketbalhollic right now

[​IMG]

BigMaloe, justtxyank and Pen15clubber like this.
  6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Rubio is the strangest player in the league... his perceived value is night and day and the dude is perpetually on the trade block.

I also find this the weirdest time to trade him. Now he actually helps the team rather than plugging up time for developing youngsters

plutoblue11 likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Rubio would be a great fit for any team wanting to tank. He's bad at basketball.

Pen15clubber and BigMaloe like this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Haha.

The interesting thing is... who are those teams now? Last couple years a couple obvious teams. This upcoming season, even though most realize the top level beating the Warriors is difficult/impossible, it also seems all those teams trying to tank are now moving to get ready, to be ready in three years.

The Nets would be the obvious contender, but for the fact that they never own their own draft picks, lol.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Minny looking to win now with Butler, KAT and Wiggins and what do they try and do? Trade Ricky Rubio

Shows that Wubio is a losing player and no team with big aspirations wants him it seems.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well his contract is through 2018-2019!

Here's how the Wolves should sell him: Having Rubio on the court is essentially like putting ankle weights on all your guys on offense. They have to work so much harder than they otherwise would since they're playing 4 on 5; I mean FFS this guy can hardly make a layup. So after 2 years of having to play with this offensive dead weight the other guys on your team will be that much better when they can finally replace him with someone who can at basketball.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Time to throw all our Veterans at Thibs for Andrew Wiggins. ;)

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We also search for more Shooting!!! Rubio bench guy at best.

#52 daywalker02, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    saleem likes this.
  13. hakeemthagreat

Ricky Rubio sucks. Pointless to acquire a guy who can't shoot on a team that relies solely specifically on shooting. FOH

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Rubio is NOT bad at basketball. He is marginalized by how the game is currently being played however, which is spacing and shooting. This makes him pretty ineffective unless the team is specifically built around him, which no one with a speck of intelligence would be willing to do as he is also not good enough to carry such a system to a chip.

15. basketballholic

Is John Wall worth a max contract?

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, he is.

Pen15clubber and BigMaloe like this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

I'm sure it's because of bballholic brainwashing and constant threads, but imo Rubio is much better than the posts in this thread make him out to be.

I would trade Delly + Hawes from the Bucks for him. Maybe throw a second or smth. But it's not like he has positive trade value. Neutral.
    I think he would be great fit for Milwaukee.

18. basketballholic

I thought so.

19. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

The hate on Rubio is insane. I don't know if its just bballholic's ridiculous overhype of him that is making everyone have unnecessary hate for him but only chenjy is making valid points.

Yes, Rubio is an awful shooter and that is a legitimate liability in today's NBA. That being said, he vastly improved throughout the last 30 games of the season. He had a TS% of .539 (btw Andrew Wiggins posted a .534 and Beverley had a .546).

Other than his lackluster scoring ability though he has no other weaknesses. Elite passer, great defender, high bball IQ. He's top 40 in the NBA in real plus-minus and ninth among point guards. The analytics still point to him being a top 10 PG. He averaged 9 assists a game while playing off ball the first half of the season. Out of the top 5 assist guys in the league, he has the lowest number of touches by far. And if you think the T-Wolves are bad with him, they absolutely fall apart without him as he still leads the team in +/- and pretty much has his whole career.

You would think we're discussing a complete scrub by reading this thread. That being said I have no idea why anyone would even entertain the Rockets trading for him. He would be an absolutely awful fit here next to Harden.

RudyTBag likes this.
  20. basketballholic

That's a lot of hype right there.

Those are all the same points I have consistently made about him.

Could you imagine what his TS would be playing next to a playmaker like Harden asking with the floor spacers we have? I'm pretty sure it would exceed..546.

Could you imagine what his assist total would be playing in an uptempo, spread-the-floor with shooters system alongside a top 3 scorer in the Association?

And the defense is already there, like you said.

Rubio and Paul are the most efficient and most creative ball distributors in the Association. I hope for his sake that Rubio gets to a team like the Jazz or Spurs where he would go ape on the league. But I would hate it for our sake. I really hope he goes East to a team like the Raptors or Bucks so we don't have to worry about him killing it in the West and so we don't have to worry about Minny being better than us next season.