1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Regret about getting Head?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MrButtocks, Aug 24, 2005.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Some of us were scratching our heads (no pun intended) over the decision to draft this guy at 24. Seriously, another guard? CD promised it would make more sense with this rest of the moves during the offseason. That offseason had one goal in mind: to get younger and more athletic. Bravo on a job well done, CD!

But with the signing of DA, Head seems more unnecessary than ever. DA will be the new quick, athletic combo guard and has experience to boot. That's leaves Head 6th on the pecking order for playing time, meaning he'll have none. Our roster has 8 guards and only 4 valid big men: Yao, Deke, Juwan, Swift. What happens if one of them gets hurt and misses time? It's very likely that all of them will at some point. Our problems were compounded with the decision to cut Weatherspoon. And Baker is just a body collecting paychecks at this point.

During the draft I was hoping we'd nab Simien and that's looking more and more like the right choice. Not necessarily because of talent, but because of need. At least we could say we'd use him instead of probably stashing him in the NBDL. He's a rebounding and shot blocking beast with a mid-range shot, probably better than Lonny Baxter. Anyone regret our pick? And with Miami being loaded with big men and short on guards, is there any way we could trade for Simien and they could get Head?

2. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

Who in their right mind would regret getting head?!?!?! :eek:

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

You should never regret getting Head.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I think CD crystal ball was on the fritz that day so he did not see DA becoming available and signing with us. Besides, this gives Head a year or 2 to get ready as the old guards retire.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Head hasn't even played a single NBA game, neither has Simien. You have no basis to your comments. I wanted Simien too, but we got Swift. Head is the youngest player on our roster, we have time to let him develop.

Regretting the pick? What's to regret?

6. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

i'd rather keep Head and sign Baxter straight up. Wesley, James, Barry, even DA will be all gone soon, we need to think ahead.

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I'm surprised someone named MrButtocks is regretting getting Head... :D

8. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

at pick 24 you never know what you're going to get anyways, it's a crap shoot. we'll see in due time.

he could good. he could be a bust. we'll see. but we're not depending on him for this season or next to be the savior.

9. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

but mrs buttocks... regardless they said head wasn't gonna be a factor for 24 months which EXACTLY coincides with the length of the contract we gave DA.

10. MrButtocks

Remember guys, I'm not saying that Simien will be a better player than Head. Neither has played an single NBA game yet and probably won't next year looking at the teams they're on. That's my point. They could both be helpful and develop immediately if they switched teams. That's all I'm saying.

And boy, I'm regretting that Buttocks name more and more everyday.

11. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

I would only regret getting Head when I realize I could have gotten something better.

12. Mooch

Mooch Member

anderson only signed to a 2yr deal.. his last year is player option.. so luther will stick around

13. MrButtocks

What if you're getting head from Jaws?

14. micah1j

micah1j Member

15. danielf

danielf Contributing Member

Only young guard on the team

16. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I don't think drafting Head was a bad move, but I still don't get the "it will make more sense soon" comment.

ArtV may be right about not seeing DA in the picture, but he was firmly on everyone's radar here. In light of T-Mac's comments about DS maybe CD thought that getting a pg would be our 2nd move.

I hope someone eventually asks him, especially if Head winds up in the NBDL.

17. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

I'd rather get Head than Simien.

To be serious for a minute, if we drafted Simien, and then signed Swift, would you be asking if we regretted getting Simien instead of a point guard or backup swingman? We'd have a logjam of Swift/Howard/Simien/Baker. Head might have been the best athlete available.

18. Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer Member

Patience Danielsan. There's still two and a half more months before the season starts. Start worrying about regrets when the trade deadline hits and we have 8 guards and only four big guys.

19. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

My sentiments excatly!!! :D

20. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

At #24, I didn't expect a player that would impact us this season. We are too good a team for that. Next year, when we have wholesale changes in our overripe backcourt, Head should be able to step in and become a rotation player.