1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Yeah, maybe so. But who are these people to be so arrogant as to presume that it is up to them to choose the winners and losers? The establishment Democrat types in many cases appear to be chaffed by Gabbard for some reason. She is a bit of a loose cannon and is clearly not singing of of the Democrat left's "Political correctness" song sheet, in many cases.

Nevertheless, they do themselves a real disservice by treating her and some of the other candidates the way that they do, especially in allowing the TV channels to control the format for these events as much as they do. Gabbard is right when she says they are making this into an entertainment spectacle, rather than a serious debate.

I doubt Gabbard boycotting this debate will make any difference. But if the rest of the candidates would join her, then they might even be able to make some progress towards getting these problems fixed.

2. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

3. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

4. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that dude's Italian

MojoMan and B-Bob like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

And a whole lot Harry and Lloyd mixed in

Rashmon, mdrowe00 and Nook like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

So is Mojoman

8. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

mdrowe00 and justtxyank like this.
  9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

?

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Ubiquitin, Nook and KingCheetah like this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

^^

Jesus that is a disturbing picture

ryan_98 and Rashmon like this.
  14. Rashmon

Sweet dreams...

15. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

POSTING TO GET US CLOSER TO THE NEXT PAGE AND RID US OF THAT HORRIFIC IMAGE.

downvote @Rashmon

Rashmon likes this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't know the kid's whole story, but transgender at 9 sounds concerning. I'm all for people doing what they want, but labeling kids transgender before puberty seems extremely sketchy, and immoral if the kids are getting procedures and hormones administered.

MojoMan likes this.
  17. Rashmon

lol. I cracked up when I stumbled upon it myself. It blinks. It haunts me...

ryan_98 likes this.
  18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Mika Brezinski Scarborough experienced a moment of lucidity on her MSNBC show with her husband when she observed that the Democrats have "A problem about who can beat Trump, if Biden cannot make it.

Of course she is exactly right. Now she assumes that the "suburbs" going to the Democrats was a foregone conclusion if Biden was the nominee. That is just silly. But she is right to observe that the suburbs will be "back in play" if either Sanders or Warren is the nominee, as both of these candidates are just way too far to the left.

Mika Brzezinski: Democratic Party "Has A Problem About Who Can Beat Trump" If Biden Can't Make It

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: Well, it's from Democrats, Joe.

JOE SCARBOROUGH: It's in Florida, Michigan. Yeah, it's democrats as well who are really scared right now. In the suburbs, people in the suburbs where this is -- this is Democratic territory. If what we are hearing is actually true, then Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, either one of them against Donald Trump puts the suburbs back in play, it just does.

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: I stood alone. I think I felt in the conversation leading up in the run-up to the election about the weaknesses of Hillary Clinton's campaign. But now when I talk to people who were high up in the Democratic Party, this conversation is real. There is a void. There is a problem about who can beat Trump.

I personally love Elizabeth Warren. You all know that, you've been watching me watch her for years. I think her message matches her life story, matches what she wants to do for America. I would potentially vote for her. But you know what? The people who are really tired of Trump who are looking for an alternative, who would be very comfortable with Joe Biden, they're left without a candidate if Joe Biden can't make it through.

This is what I hear from everybody.​

Reality is beginning to set in. They either have to find a way to complete their coup attempt. Or Trump is very likely going to win a second term.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Rashmon and mdrowe00 like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

You are like a really shitty soap opera writer.

Talking about "coup attempts".

This isn't anything that wasn't known as soon as the field became apparent.

However here is the issue that is an even bigger problem.......... Donald Trump is an absolute dumpster fire. It has gone from him being an ******* and a bigot. It has gone beyond him being a liar and possibly a criminal........... at this point a lot of people that would otherwise support him are questioning his basic competence to do the job. That is a HUGE issue for the Republicans and likely the biggest issue in the entire election.

A candidate that is a bad person can win...... even a corrupt candidate can win because people argue that the results justify the means.... when a candidates own party starts to doubt his competence? Not good.

jiggyfly and Rashmon like this.