1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

upload_2019-8-2_15-55-32.png

mick fry likes this.
  2. biff17

biff17 Member

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I liked Obama, but I'm really not interested in building a mythology around him like Republicans did with Reagan. Its baggage they don't need. They need to be nimble as the electorate is moving.

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Surprisingly, he got the joke that was intended for someone else who is too busy scouring the internet for mojo-oppo research to realize it.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This thread is the toilet you take your dumps in. You are not a serious person and do not deserve attention.

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

LOL. So, you have got nothing then. What a surprise.

BruceAndre likes this.
  7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I had to go back and take a look at previous Biden debates to compare what he is today. It's quite the difference and he sounds so much better. While he's the top candidate for the moderate base I honestly don't see how he's electable. Seems like he's closer mentally to Reagan's last few years in the white house.

ryan_98 and MojoMan like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we probably need an Obama for President 2020 thread

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Newt Gingrich weighs in with his current perspective on this contest. He believes that thanks to what the Democrats are doing, "We are heading towards another Nixon-McGovern-style landslide":

Newt Gingrich: Racism is the left’s only answer to Trump (and that won’t help Democrats in 2020)

The Democratic candidates are using this aggressive, radical language and name-calling because it fires up their base, and they’ve got nothing left to attack, except for occasional comments from President Trump that they distort.

It’s too hard for the Democratic candidates to come to grips with the fact that the report by Special Counsel Robert Mueller failed to strike a blow that hurt President Trump. So calling everyone and everything racist gets them applause from diehard audiences and helps the candidates to avoid thinking.

Meanwhile – when they aren’t declaring American tradition, history, and culture inherently racist – the Democrats are promoting open borders, free health care for people who enter our country illegally, the end of private insurance and choice in health care, and the death of our economy through fanatical environmental regulations.

I suspect all these ideas get 15 to 20 percent approval when you take them nationwide. But in their mania (which is bolstered by much of the mainstream media and liberal echo chambers) the Democrats are dragging themselves further and further to the left.

As I’ve mentioned before, I believe we are heading toward another Nixon-McGovern-style landslide.

BruceAndre likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm so happy Trump bootlickers are telling their supporters of how big the landslide for Trump will be in 2020. Keep at it.

biff17 likes this.
  11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

If the Obama lickers ever get the thick covering of his scum somehow removed from their tongues, please do let us know. But it was not Obama's "boots" that they were apparently licking. Nowhere as sanitary as that.

12. fchowd0311

You project cultist like behavior to others. I thought the face of the democratic party hates Obama?

This was essentially a "no but you!" post.

Anyways, I'm sure you are looking forward to he landslide. Have fun and enjoy.

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The Trump campaign is spotlighting Joe Biden's vow to ban fossil fuels. As well they should. This is truly radical stuff that would be massively destructive and disruptive to the lives of most Americans.

Trump Campaign Spotlights Biden's Vow to Ban Fossil Fuels

The Trump reelection campaign likely never imagined that a potential 2020 opponent would practically gift-wrap a made-for-TV negative ad on climate change during a Democratic primary debate -- much less one held in the fossil fuel-reliant Motor City.

Democratic front-runner Joe Biden’s blanket statement that he would end Americans’ use of fossil fuels if elected president amounted to political suicide in parts of the Rust Belt where coal remains king when it comes to jobs and workers’ economic security, the Trump campaign argued.

“If you want to be the Democrat nominee, you have to swear by the radical Green New Deal, which Joe Biden has done,” Trump Communications Director Tim Murtaugh told RealClearPolitics. “He’s ruled out fossil fuels, which would devastate coal-producing states like Pennsylvania and kill countless jobs across the country, not to mention job losses for workers in natural gas and oil.”​

And Biden is supposedly the "Moderate" candidate for the Democrats? With proposals like this? Answer: No, he isn't.

BruceAndre likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

What is the obsession with coal as an energy source under the Trump administration? It make zero sense pragmatically. Coal fueled power plants are not economically viable if a region has access to natural gas. It's stupid. Pretty much the entire developed world has adopted combined Brayton and Rankine cycle power plants that use natural gas as the heat source. Thermal efficiency for the average CCGT plant is around 62% while the average thermal efficiency for a single turbine coal fired plant is around 40%.

Promoting coal as an energy source to "save jobs" is nothing but snake oil salesman tactics.

#1414 fchowd0311, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  15. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Newt is pretty interesting these days. Actually, he always had interesting takes, but he's probably more free to talk post-Congress.

MojoMan likes this.
  16. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Yeah, that comment by Biden is going to come back to haunt, should he get the nomination.

MojoMan likes this.
  17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Michael Avenatti is reconsidering the possibility of running as a Democrat for President of the United States in 2020. Apparently he is not seeing anyone with enough fight to beat President Trump, and he thinks he might be the right person for that job.

Report: Avenatti reconsidering, might run for president after all

The firebrand attorney Michael Avenatti is back considering a run for the Democratic nomination for president after he declared last year he wouldn’t take part in the contest. Avenatti, who in the past represented p*rn star Stormy Daniels against the likes of President Donald Trump and his then fixer Michael Cohen, told CNBC late on Friday that he is yet again contemplating entering the expansive 2020 arena.

“Never say never,” he said when asked if he’s going to get into the race. “The Dems need a non-traditional fighter. They have a lot of talent but not a lot of fighters.” He later noted that the odds of him getting into the race are at 50/50 and he could make his decision in a few months. I don’t think I need to make a final decision for a number of months. I have the name ID and everyone knows I’m one of the few effective fighters that the Dems have,” he said.​

I hope he runs. The more, the merrier. Right?

18. biff17

biff17 Member

Dude.

You're just embarrassing yourself now.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Bill Maher:

Nook and The Real Shady like this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Oops.