1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

[​IMG]

Here is one. I will post more as we move along.

Cohete Rojo, cml750 and Dark Rhino like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Imagine if she is the DNC candidate and for an entire campaign year leading up to the election this is the only thing you and Donald can spam.

We can play a game .You list a scandel of hers. And I'll list one of Trump's. Let's see how long it takes before one of us have to repeat a scandal because we ran out.

You went first with her native American heritage claim

My turn: Trump an alleged billionaire created a false charity foundation to pay for his legal fees.

3. Nook

Nook Member

The sad thing is that the bar has been set so low, that regardless of the Democratic nominee, they will be vastly more qualified than Donald Trump.

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You can make the case for Warren if you like. I do not believe her candidacy is a serious one. She offed herself with the DNA test episode - among Democrat voters. Let's keep in mind that the Democrat clown car is expected to contain in the neighborhood of 20 or more by the time everyone piles in. How many Democrat voters are really likely to pick her over 20+ other Democrat left candidates?

She knows this is her best chance to raise money and raise her profile. She has no chance to win the Democrat nomination at this point, and in all likelihood she never did. So this is her making the best of her proverbial 15 minutes.

I am glad she is running and I hope she stays in as long as she can. It will just serve to sap resources and energy from other more serious candidates.

Again, if you want to make the case for her, go for it. I am just calling it how I see it. In all seriousness, I believe Hillary Clinton has more chance of winning the nomination again that Pochahontus does.

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The people obsessed with the Native American thing are people who'd never vote for her in a million years anyway. Case in point is a case in point.

Warren is an extreme long shot candidate because the financial industry hates her with a passion for her previous job as head of CFPB and the fact that she actually took the job seriously.

Noise about other stuff is just birds in the peanut gallery chirping to each other.

6. fchowd0311

Yup. No nuance in why you believe the things you do.

If you genuinely think believing your parents about a aspect of your heritage is worse than money laundering or creating a fake charity for personal gain, then there is no point in debating further.

She is definitely one of the stronger candidates who has actually done tangible things as a Senator. If someone described Warren's actions as Senator such as her part in the creation of the consumer financial protection bureau in a non partisan lense, the vast majority of middle class Americans would resoundingly support her.

#26 fchowd0311, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  7. fchowd0311

You would think Trump populists who hate the corporate stranglehold on our politicians would embrace her.

It proves that Trump popilosm isn't really populism. It's just shear nativism.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You do realize that if Warren's credentials as a minority are accepted as legitimate, that literally everyone in the US is also a credentialed minority using the same standard. She is the walking discreditation of the Democrat left's "Identity politics" agenda. There are a LOT of leftists, especially among the racist/SJW wing of the party that are not going to stand for that and who will excoriate anyone on their side who attempts to support this disastrous idea.

BruceAndre likes this.
  9. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

And yet literally the only person on this bbs who even cares about this in the slightest or even thinks to mention it is you.

Sigmund would have a field day with right wing terror of emasculating women.

HakeemOnlyFan and Deckard like this.
  10. fchowd0311

First, her first major 'elite' position which was being a law professor in one of the nation's best law schools, she explicitly only checked 'Caucasian'. If you genuinely believe she got to where she was because she claimed some native american heritage, than that is nothing more than the right wing media spam frying your brain.

God I hope she is the DNC candidate. The only reason she wouldn't be is because big money donors aren't particularly fond of her relative to the field. Jut imagine how long a presidential campaign is. Imagine Trump supporters such as yourself along with Trump just spamming this one irrelevant issue for a god damn year. Imagine in an actual presidential debate, Warren expressing coherently the nuances of what is wrong with modern banking regulation and corporate lobbying and Trump's response is "Pocahontas!".

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I think you have it backwards. I support the candidacy of Elizabeth Warren, as I have already said. The greatest political evil that our country currently faces is the Democrat left's "Political correctness" and "Identity politics" agenda. If the Democrat's are willing to incenerate that agenda on the alter of Elizabeth Warren, I will celebrate that as loudly and passionately as anyone.

But do you think that is really going to happen? I wish it would and hope that it does. But that would mean the Democrat left casting aside the central pillar of its political values just as the 2020 presidential contest beging to take shape in earnest. And without their hateful, viciously divisive, aggressively racist and fundamentally inequal "Identity politics" agenda, how will they motivate the key racist elements of the party to go to the polls? These former supporters would be dispirited and heartbroken.

In fact, it would likely split the party. In fact, this would be more politically shocking if it were to happen than anything else currently imaginable to me. As a result, I do not believe that the Democrat left powers that be will tolerate it. But I will continue to hope that it somehow does.

No, Warren is almost certainly finished.

12. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I believe that you believe it. Tell me about your relationship with your mother.

HakeemOnlyFan, Deckard and CometsWin like this.
  13. fchowd0311

If the left dumps Warren because of her heritage claim, then it isn't the left, but Russian troll bots on your social media feed. She's resoundingly popular in leftist Massachusetts.

#33 fchowd0311, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

If you say so. But as you know very well, it is not up to me. She needs to have enough electoral support first of all to survive past the first four primaries, which is not likely to happen, especially in such a crowded field.

For example, how many voters who like Warren will actually vote for her over Bernie Sanders, not to mention Beto O'Roarke or some other candidate? In all likelihood, when it comes right down to it, probably not all that many.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. Senator

Senator Member

Warren has the right idea and is the strongest candidate the Dems will be able to put up against Trump. Mainly because she is all about the middle class and taking away some of the power from the corporate oligarchy's and 0.01%. As dull as she is, she has some innovative ideas in this regard and those of you on here who can read would do well to take a glance at it.

That's what it comes down to convincing swing voters in rural areas - economic opportunity. Distribution of wealth (which has historically always gone in the opposite direction with republicans).

Democrats have learnt no one cares about symbolic, out of touch misogynists like Hilary who are cluelessly surrounded by sex predators.

NickLewis and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. conquistador#11

clown car and the orange circus. I'm more interested in how a former fluffer from the orange circus will debate the king clown and who will have the balls to do so. That's more of an entertaining match up. Worry about the clown cars later.

Nook likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Thank you for actually having a sincere point worthy of discussion.

Yes, Warren has a dilemma where the vast majority of people who are fond of her are even more fond of Bernie Sanders. That is a legitimate concern for her chances. Warren wants more incremental pragmatic change while Bernie espouses unpragmatic platitudes. Unpragmatic platitudes win elections unfortunately as can be seen with the previous presidential election.

The one avenue where Warren has a legitimate chance in the DNC primaries is if donors see that the DNC base will overwhelmingly support populism, they will rather support her over Bernie.

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

If she ends up losing to Trump she might actually end it.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think if you give it more than a moment's thought you'll reconsider this statement.

cml750 likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

Why?