1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

There was some recently polling and data that showed a fairly strong bias against Warren as a female.

I don't know if there has been any recent research on what being a Jew will have as far as an impact in a general election.

I suspect the misogyny would be far worse but that is just my opinion.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Would love to see that if you have a link.

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

And yet the one who is in the news right now for apparently playing the "Woman's card" against Bernie Sanders, very possibly in a seriously deceitful and thoroughly despicable manner, is Elizabeth Warren.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Sure I will look for it when I can. I believe someone even posted it on this site in the last couple weeks.

5. Nook

Nook Member

The “woman’s card”? Either he said it or he didn’t.

6. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

There is one liar between the two of them. My money is on Pocahontas, the little Indian has a history of lying. She was the one who’s accusing the polio ridden Houston law professor(deceased) chasing her around his desk...kind of hard to do when that dead guy was in his wheelchair. ‍♀️

MojoMan likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

this is the 1st time I have ever thought and heard the word jew associated with Bernie.

I agree his jewness would be a handicap.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

If he said it, then he should give serious consideration to withdrawing from the race. If he did not say it, then she should give serious consideration to withdrawing from the race. Him for blaspheming such a core point of the Democrat left's "Political correctness" expectations and at the same time for being spectacularly stupid. She for smearing him in a manner that is as deceitful as it is incindiary and malicious.

If my understanding of the comments today from these two is correct - and it may not be - one of them is lying in no uncertain terms.

Do you believe that Bernie Sanders told Elizabeth Warren to her face in front of several witnesses that 'a woman cannot win' the election? And then Elizabeth Warren and the other people there sat on this from then until now? Bernie Sanders, who went all the way to the convention in 2016 - against Hillary Clinton?

I don't

More likely is that Warren is trying to 'Kavanaugh' Bernie Sanders, the day before the Iowa debate and three weeks before the Iowa Primary.

#2388 MojoMan, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  9. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

10. Nook

Nook Member

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. However if he said it, then Warren isn’t playing any “card”.

Further it would depend on the context of how he said it. He didn’t say he believed a woman shouldn’t be president. He didn’t say he didn’t want a woman to be president. He supposedly said he didn’t think that a woman at this time could win the presidency.

With the incredible amount of bias against women in this country, it may we’ll be true. Clinton ran against a very poor candidate in Trump and lost.

Hell you even provided misogynistic comments earlier today in this same thread. It IS a problem (misogyny) in the USA.

Rashmon likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

B-Bob likes this.
  12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

That is a lie. Not that I am surprised, given the source.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  13. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

My gosh these people are f-ing old.

I like the CIA plant. The Comanche lady reminds me of my aunt.

14. Nook

Nook Member

The source? You wrote it, not I.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I agree with this. Why it's disappointing for this to come out as a hit piece from Warren, this is something Bernie discussed with her in private, it's not a disagreement or difference on any policy or votes, on any strategy on how they would govern, she's using it as a cheap personal attack, in which many will spin as Bernie being a misogynist.

jiggyfly and MojoMan like this.
  16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It is pretty clearly her intention to try to smear him with this in this way.

Absolutely despicable.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Seriously, what is wrong with you citing something like that?

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I've lost a lot respect for Warren. She's still trying to STILL fame it as an attack on women and is trying to play coy by pretending that she's forgiven him and has moved on.

She's trying to remove all context behind his conversation with her.

Now you have people on the View calling Bernie a mysoginist.

MojoMan likes this.
  19. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Bernie at least has some semblance of believing what he says. Though its incredibly naive and stuck in supremely failed ideas.

Warren on the other hand just looks like an extreme opportunist willing to change her stance, beliefs, project, deceive and play
    every victim card in the book throughout her life to get what she wants.

Its quite obvious and the American people don't seem to care for her.

Biden is the only one that could put up a fight to Trump but I think this election is over looking at this stage.

MojoMan likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Can you elaborate on the "failed ideas"?

Please no beating up of strawmen such as claiming that Bernie wants to eliminate the free market and private property and wants to turn American into a commune living utopia.