1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

The Irishman 9.2/10

I was fortunate to see it at the Magnolia in Dallas, even if the theater was cramped in a sold out nighttime showing. Pesci, De Niro, and Pacino are as good as you'd expect and hope for. Pesci steals the show in the scenes he's in as a secretive, cold-blooded mob boss. The movie is equally sinister, darkly humorous, and reflective, benefiting from Scorsese's detail-oriented approach. I highly recommend seeing this movie, whether in theaters or on Netflix.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

My wife and kid loved it.

Meh.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

No reason in particular, but I ended up watching 3 Oscar nominees from '66 over the last few days:

The Sand Pebbles - Steve McQueen's finest acting job
    A Man For All Seasons - everyone knows the story, but Paul Scofield and Robert Shaw (amongst others) are amazing
    The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming - ludicrous but fun

Ottomaton likes this.
  4. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

The Irishman - 9/10

all I can say is please see this in the theater, a lot to soak in, but this film plays on another level than the literal story you’re watching. Really got to me, especially if this were to be Scorsese’s last picture.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Lady and the Tramp is my favorite Disney film (I'm not a giant fan of their stuff in general) and I personally have 0 desire to see this. I also think it's lame a F*** to remake all of these movies with CGI.

But im sure some kids will like it. My son has seen the original several times though and im good with that lol

6. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Totally agree - watched with the kids, beyond terrible

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I was never a fan of the original. My wife says it is her favorite ever and she enjoyed the live action version.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

The King - 8/10. Really enjoyed this Netflix production based on Shakespeare’s King Henry plays. I appreciated that they kept the story tight and focused. Every scene is interesting. Basically we follow Henry along as he makes tough decisions and does cool battle stuff. Great acting and it looks great.

S is for Stanley - 9/10. A really sweet movie about Kubrick and his personal assistant. Full of new Kubrick anecdotes. I actually enjoyed this one more than the popular recent documentary, ‘Filmworker,’ about Kubrick’s professional assistant, Leon Vitali.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

margin call - 6.5/10

it was a decent movie with a good cast and good acting. i was watching bits and pieces of the movie from youtube before finally watching the whole thing. seems like the 3 or 4 short youtube clips told me the whole movie. didn't have to watch 1.5 hours watching the whole thing.

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

One cut of the dead. Perhaps best zombie comedy movie out since Shaun of the Dead.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So Chick flick confirmed.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Frozen 2

6/10

Not as good as the first. Some funny moments but the story was meh. I suspect Frozen 3 is where the story gets better. Also probably didn't help that I watched 5 episodes of The Good Place the night before seeing the movie; every time Anna talked I just heard Eleanor.

daywalker02 and mikol13 like this.
  13. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watched Turner and Hooch last night with my wife and two grown daughters home for Thanksgiving, trying out the new Disney streaming app for the first time. Movie holds up surprisingly well from the 80s. 7.5/10

B-Bob likes this.
  15. cebu

cebu Member

Midway - My movie of the year.

Growing up this was always the bedtime story that my grandfather would tell me. He served in the US Navy during WW2 and he was in one of the support ships. To see it on big screen it felt like I was there too. :)

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Jojo Rabbit - 9/10

It seems like the critics only watched the first third of this movie, during which there is a lot of goofy Nazi satire, yet you are wondering whether it’s all going to add up to anything more than chuckles. It does. It gets better as it goes, and I thought it was a great movie. Really touching, beautiful looking, well made film.

A Simple Favor - 7/10

Chick-flick thriller comedy. This wasn’t my choice, but I admit I couldn’t give up on it despite it being pretty ridiculous. Anna Kendrick and good humor made it fun to watch.

B-Bob, Duncan McDonuts and Jontro like this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Blinded by the Light (Redbox) 9/10

I mainly rented this because I like Springsteen's music and the ratings were good. I really wasn't expecting much of a story. It was actually a great story, and made me smile and tear up a few times. If you want a feel good movie I highly recommend this.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Us - 6/10

Interesting beginning, silly middle part, interesting ending. I almost turned it off before the ending started to take shape. Not bad, but I feel it could have been much better. Interesting concept with an average execution.

19. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Good time-9/10
    Best movie I’ve seen in a long time. I don’t know why this movie spoke to me so much . It felt so real, the directing and camerawork was fuking awesome. Super original movie with a memorable soundtrack

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Saw it last night, loved it. Also give it a 9/10

Frozen 2- yes I said Frozen 2 and I enjoyed it- 7.8/10

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
    I’m someone who can get all up in my feels and this movie resonated with me- 7.9/10

Os Trigonum likes this.