1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Same exact score you gave the Fourth Kind alien movie. Fascinating...

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Last Jedi: 6.9 / 10

Didn't feel right giving it a full 7. I went in with low expectations.

Don't understand some of the decisions that were made, but an enjoyable flick.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4th kind way above expectations but still pretty bad -- Star Wars faaaaaar below expectations it survives only on its history -- both are still watchable but it's dicey.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

We actually liked this one. Just the JJ Trek sucked. Simon pegg did his research.

5. Asian Sensation

Rewatched Gran Torino again for the first time in like 10 years since it was on Prime. I liked it a lot. Forgot how sad it was. I’ll give it an 8.5/10

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The signal 7/10. What happened at the end? Ending exploded my brain.

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

How it Ends

Netflix original. For the most part, I've found their films at least mildly entertaining, and this one's the same. A well-realized apocalyptic world with good set pieces but a story and characters that ultimately go nowhere. A lot of things are left unanswered too, which I didn't mind so much. The final act is a little weird though.

6\10

8. Buck Turgidson

That's a solid movie. I watched Colors for the first time in 20 years, still a great flick. Copland and Clockers are good ones too.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  9. Asian Sensation

Colors! Damn talk about a throwback. I remember watching that in middle school. I’m gonna have to rewatch. I’ll check the other two as well.

10. Buck Turgidson

We've had ludicrous record high temps for the past week (111 Monday) so I've been watching more afternoon movies than I usually do.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

"Love" on netflix

Not saying its softcore pron but its soft core pron.

6.9/10

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: 6/10

MI: Fallout: 8/10

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Justice League - 3/10. It only got that high of a rating because at a certain point it was so bad that it became funny.
    Transformers The Last Knight - 1/10. It was painful to sit through.

hvic likes this.
  14. hvic

hvic Member

Blade Runner 2047: 7.5/10 alot of slow points in the movie but the actress that played Joi is beautiful.

15. Bob Barker 007

Don't forget to watch one of the best Eastwood films ever made, The 15:17 to Paris. It's quite possibly the best acting you will ever see in a movie. The critics loved it.

peleincubus likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Talladega Nights. 6.8 / 10. 2nd half much better than 1st half. Basically gets better the more Sasha is on screen. And so too... Amy Adams!

I had no idea she was in this cornball movie.

[​IMG]

Okay, that's not a great example, but there are all sorts of great gifs from that movie.

[​IMG]
    Yes, that is Sasha Baron Cohen as the villainous French driver (sponsored by Perrier).

#7476 B-Bob, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  17. Buck Turgidson

Creep and the sequel...very good, very creepy.

18. TheresTheDagger

Wind River - 8 out of 10. Really like seeing movies filmed in places we don't see very often. Acting was solid as was the story although the "big action scene" was a bit contrived if you ask me. Still, a solid movie overall.

Molly's Game - 7 out of 10. Interesting idea for a movie well acted by Jessica Chastain and Idris Elba. Ultimately though, it became somewhat of a forced "morality play" with the young lady being held up as a sort of hero for not ratting on those that probably deserved it. Regardless, it made for an interesting movie and rarely felt slow despite its topic.

3 Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri - 5 out of 10. I get when a movie is doing its best to be unconventional, but this one felt like a meandering mass of nothing leading towards a resolution we never get to see. That's frustrating. I suppose you can say its a character study and the 3 main characters all certainly "change" through the picture....and that was interesting. Beyond that, I felt like the movie ended 2/3's of the way through which ultimately made me feel I'd wasted my time and money.

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I really like everything that Wind River writer has done so far: Sicario, Hell or High Water, and Yellowstone.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Equalizer 2 8/10 - not as good as the first but still good - It was a slower burn
    Ant Man and Wasp 7/10 - not as good as the first but i liked it
    A Quiet Place - 7/10 - I liked it but felt it was overrated. I would be interested in see how we got where they were Cause I can not see humanity being taken out that quickly. . . . easily

Rocket River