1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

I, Tonya

4/5

Margot was a BOSS in this movie.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Foreigner - 6.5/10

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Downsizing. 3/10. Downsizing had very little to do with the movie. Went in a totally different direction.

LCAhmed and B-Bob like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

I fell asleep, I was not impressed given the cool premise. I'll finish it someday.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Roman J. Esquire - 7.5/10
    Brilliant acting job, as we've all come to expect from Denzel Washington. Loved his character, even though in real life it would've been very hard to like a person such as him. It was still great though. The story itself was not the best, a bit boring, but still very good with Colin Farrell who's also very good as usual.

Maze Runner 2 - 6/10
    It was okay, but like any other sequel in the genre it's more action based and predictable. I loved the first one due to it's mystery, despite my dislike for those big monsters (in general)

Jumanji - 8/10
    Pleasantly surprised as I didn't like that movie with Hart & the Rock before. They were solid here and Jack Black just stole the show, him as a woman was just perfect. The story was also very solid, something I did not expect as it's been so long along since the first movie. Very enjoyable and funny.

Only the Brave - 5/10 *Spoilers*
    Liked the first part, but that just took too damn long. Finally a serious fire broke out and then everyone there dies. I know it's been based on a true story, but that just sucked. I thought the scene of the lone survivor showing up at the gym was very powerful though. Couldn't save the movie though.

Justice League - 8/10
    Just very good, even though I usually cannot take Superman, Batman and those seriously.

Murder on the Orient Express - 7.5/10
    Really had me trying to figure it out and a surprising ending, but they didn't give us too many clues and once they started to bring up a story that was tied into it, it was not much fun anymore. Still good acting and I loved the main detective, he stole the show.

Fat Camp - 7/10
    For a B-movie, I liked it. Some really good punchlines and original jokes, but the premises is what you'd expect and just too predictable. If you're just looking to laugh and not think too much, it's very nice.

Coco - 9/10
    Besides Vaiana there haven't been any memorable animation movies in recent years in my opinion, but this one brought it home. Original, funny and exciting. Kids and grown ups will love it!

Wonder - 8/10
    Very solid premises, very good acting jobs by the children in particular and Julia Roberts. Owen Wilson was so-so. I loved the story and how it evolved, which is the strongest part of the movie in my opinion.

Shape of Water - 4/10 *Spoilers*
    I understand where they were going with this, the spiritual / non-physical connection between the woman and the 'alien', but the physical part was just all the way awkward and not necessary at all. It also didn't develop very well in my opinion and supporting characters deserved more attention.

The Foreigner 10/10
    What can I say, totally unexpected, but just a very solid plot line and a great job by both Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan. I expected a B-movie, so maybe that's why a perfect 10, but it had some nice twists and lots of action. It's been done, but I was thoroughly entertained by the length to which Jackie Chan's character went to go after those who hurt his daughter.

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. cebu

cebu Member

Imoji Movie - 7/10. good entertainment.

7. TheresTheDagger

A Most Violent Year - 6 out of 10.

Satisfactorily made with good performances by Oscar Issac and Jessica Chastain but ultimately with a story line that felt meandering throughout concluding with an unsatisifing ending. It didn't help that the trailer was very misleading with the type of movie it was portrayed as being.

8. amaru

amaru Member

Black Panther- 9 out of 10

B-Bob and Jontro like this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

Ingrid Goes West 9/10
    The only reason I didn't give this a 10 was because Ingrid reminded me too much of an ex lol. This film is hilarious and depressing all in one but the way its told brings so much sympathy to Ingrid who is actually the villain. Great storytelling, loved all the little details. Could've used more Oshea

Molly's Game - 4.5/10
    Great acting, meh plot. I kept waiting for something to happen and the next thing I knew the movie was over.

Good Time - 2/10
    You'd think after Cosmopolis I would've learned my lesson on Robert Pattenson movies. This movie starts with such promise, has a nice twist and then flames out. It was almost as if after filiming that cringeworthy makeout scene with Rob and the underage girl (who I'm pretty sure is/was actually underage. I'm not sure why they didn't just get a "young-looking" actress instead of an actual teenager) they had no idea how to end it. It ends abruptly and leaves nothing memorable

10. jsingles

jsingles Member

Darkest Hour - 10/10.

Superb movie, Oldman absolutely nails Churchill.

The Foreigner 8/10

Jakie Chan is the perfect candidate to get Liam Neeson's old man kicking ass roles

Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  11. marky :)

marky :) Member

Jumanji - 7.5/10

Maybe because I wasn't expecting much from this movie or because the wife and I wanted to kill time but this was a lot funnier than I thought it would be. The cast was great even though I thought I'd get sick of Kevin Hart really quick but he was funny throughout the movie. Jack Black was definitely hilarious and I usually find him annoying.

12. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Train to Busan - 9/10

Holy ****! What a great movie.

13. hvic

hvic Member

I was surprised too when I heard it was a subtitle movie

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wind River - 8/10.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. droxford

droxford Member

Black Panther 4/10
    It's the first Marvel Superhero movie that I didn't like.

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Oscar Isaac is the most underrated actor of this generation.

eric.81 likes this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm looking forward to Darkest Hour. I love well done historical films and Churchill, of course, is one of the most fascinating figures of that era or any other. Oldman is an underrated actor, in my opinion. First class.

Latest movie I've seen? I'm watching it right now for the 6th or 7th time, knowing what they're going to say, what's going to happen, and I don't care. A top ten western, without a doubt, Shane. Beautifully directed, gorgeous cinematography, superb acting. One of Alan Ladd, Van Heflin, and Jean Arthur's finest films. Westerns don't get much better than this.

eric.81 and Os Trigonum like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

speaking of westerns, just rewatched the remake of 3:10 to Yuma with Christian Bale and Russell Crowe. Better than I remembered it, a taut thriller in a lot of ways, and the chemistry between Bale's and Crowe's characters is great. 9/10

eric.81 likes this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I agree that it was excellent. I was surprised at how good it was when I saw it, and have seen it again because I just like good Westerns. Terrific acting by Crowe and Bale!

Os Trigonum and eric.81 like this.
  20. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Ben ****ing Foster... he just crushes that movie.

Deckard and Os Trigonum like this.