1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Fantasma Negro

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword - 10/10
    There were so many bad reviews for this movie I was almost afraid to watch it but being a huge Guy Ritchie fan there was no way I couldn't and he didn't disappoint. This is a Ritchie film from start to finish. I love how he digs holes in the plot to fill them later. Great story telling, great pace, great set-up and payoff. Great performances from Jude Law, Eric Bana, Djimon Honsu and Charlie Hunnam, great movie. I'm hoping international support can prompt a sequel

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Watched 'Life' and went in very skeptical because of the poor reviews - I'm a big sci-fi fan and will really pick apart bad science (ex: Prometheus 6/10). I was pleasantly surprised - there were problems no doubt, but I think 7/10 is fair.

Also...

...I was hoping the alien would somehow make it to earth and cheered the final scene. I read up a bit on the writers and they wrote the script for Deadpool - there are all sorts of crazy fan theories that this movie is somehow a prequel to 'Venom' and is in the 'Cloverfield' universe. The writers have already completed the sequel and alluded to a world war type movie.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Life was surprisingly decent....

Watched KONG on Showbox last night. It was an ok popcorn flick. 6/10.

jae713 likes this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Better living through chemistry- 6.2/10

Michelle Monaghan and Olivia Wilde bump it up to the 6.2. Sam Rockwell is also a good actor.

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Watched Transformers The Last Knight, and yet another Michael Bay film I really liked. Again I disagree with the critics.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Kong Skull Island: 8/10

Like the Epic fusion of 70's vietnam movies with epic monster movies. Kong was delicious. Action and special effects deliver. Loved the attention to shot making, but director went overboard fitting it all in. Too much of a good thing. Thought the mix of very good acting ( Goodan and Jackson ) with action movie acting ( tracker and girl ) was like oil and water. Script was clumsy and tried to explain why things were happening instead of showing you. Humor felt forced. Hollywood, but worth seeing for it's effort as the overall mood of adventure and exploration, plus major action, works.

bluffkin likes this.
  7. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

After the Wedding (2006)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457655/

I think i've recommended this before, but i rewatch it every year...love this film.

Hope they fail in their efforts to re-make a Hollywood version.

8. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

so much so that i've deluded myself into believing i understand Danish.

The fact that Sidse Babett Knudsen reminds me of my mama doesn't hurt either...beautiful.

9. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

i was not aware there was a sequel planned. friggin awesome

#6829 Rodman23, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Lost City of Z

It's long and not action-packed, so you kiddies stay away, but it's beautifully shot and well acted.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

does it at least tell a good story? too dramatic? is it one of those sad dramas?

12. hvic

hvic Member

Ghostbuster remake: 5.5/10. It was better than I thought it would be and somewhat entertaining.

13. Buck Turgidson

Yes. No. Maybe.

Jontro likes this.
  14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

David Brent: Life on the road- 8/10
    Hilarious. Ricky slays me every time.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The book was amazing. Which I gave away to this anthropology major chick I was banging several years ago.....

Anyways uhhh the book is really good.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. conquistador#11

Thanks for the reviews on life. checked it out last night. It kept me on the edge of my seat. 8/10. What is it with scientists always wanting to play around with adorable alien early life form. other than that 7.5/10. How legit are the venom theories? Is it like one of those saved by the bell, zack was a made up personality by screech theories or chris paul might be coming to the rockets theories?

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

watched Hidden Figures finally the other night through amazon. Amazing film, I love period pieces anyway but this one was exceptional. great, great film.

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, we know your taste.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well, before that I watched Hacksaw Ridge. Thought that was well done as well, there was a slight corniness and over-the-top quality to some of the plot embellishments compared with other war films. But overall thought it was an impressive film as well.

daywalker02 likes this.