1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This footage shows them falling down and what not. I stop givig a damn when I found out he was a trump supporter. I also feel he left Gulab his savior out in the cold. Let me bank on this millions while you get a temporary visa. Gulab called him out on some false stuff about him not having ammo when in fact he had 11 mags. To me this guy reeks of douchebag meme and looks like him too. I feel like all the good guys died or got set up by him.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Are you not entertained... by the movies you've recently seen? A week of silence seems like a bit much.

Denial - 5/10

The holocaust but in a courtroom? It was good enough to finish, but I wonder why they made it? There are like endless ways to tell stories about the holocaust that are more intriguing on film.

Hell or High Water - 7/10

I love bank robber movies, but this one didn't push anything for me. Still worth watching for the cleverness of it all. Jeff Bridges needs to stop playing cowboy, he sucks at it.

Hidden Figures - 10/10

True story. Legendary strong woman helping this country. Fundamental issues with racism pointed out. Great flick. There's even astronauts in it.

War Dogs - 7/10

Good watch, but not great. I'll probably never watch it again, but was entertained the whole time. Jonah Hill is a legit actor, shows it here.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I watched or rather rewatched two movies from the same series.

1. Lone Wolf and Cub Sword of Vengeance. Classic Samurai movie. The weaponized baby cart is amazing. This is a great set-up and introduction to the series. The hero is a classic. So understate yet definitely as bad as they come. It isn't hard to tell that it was filmed in the 70's which can be good or bad depending on your take. No matter what you feel about 70's cinema the time period and style in which it was filmed wasn't overbearing in any way. The kid who plays Daigoro was great.

2. Lone Wolf and Cub Baby Cart at the River Styx. I liked this one even more than the initial movie. I think my favorite character in the whole series is the baby cart. I'm not trying to take anything away from the other characters because they are great, but the baby cart is the real star. This one was even better because young Daigoro is a little more pro-active in triggering the weaponized baby cart. Another good film.

I'll be watching the third movie in the series over the next couple of days.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. RQM3830

RQM3830 Member

Obit - 8/10
    Really interesting listening to the NYT obituary writers talk about their writing process. Would have been better as a Herzog piece as he could have played up the morbidity of it. Overall great though!

5. i3artow i3aller

Anyone seen The Belko Experiment? About to give it a watch.
    [​IMG]

Edit ~ 5/8

Think of it as the hunger games occurring in an office. Nothing spectacular, but it's not total rubbish either.

#6785 i3artow i3aller, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  6. conquistador#11

Gifted= 9.5/10. Although it felt like I had seen this movie before, the acting will give you the feels.

7. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Race - 8/10

I'm a history buff and I love a good period piece, but I never knew much about Jesse Owens. Did some fact-checking after watching and it was all pretty true to the story. Besides Jason Sudeikis trying to play his first serious role being a little distracting, it was a pretty good film.

9. nono

nono Member

Gonna go to the cinema today. For those of you who've seen Wonder Woman and Guardians of the Galaxy, which one would you recommend to watch ?

10. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

guardians first...wonder woman is good but marvel > DC movies by a mile

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

XXX Return of Xander Cage

Rented from the box, only got about 15 minutes in and had to turn it off. Just awful, incredibly awful.

12. nono

nono Member

I went and watched Wonder Woman. Really liked it. I'll probably watch Guardians next week.

13. i3artow i3aller

Dear Zachary ~ A Letter to a Son About His Father

8/8

Somehow I'd never seen nor heard of this documentary until recently, thus I was utterly unfamiliar with the story. Without giving anything away, I would say that it's a horrendously heavy hitting movie that's going to tear the viewer apart. Wish I'd been forewarned :(

#6793 i3artow i3aller, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    A_3PO and jae713 like this.
  14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The Girl With All the Gifts

Interesting post apocalyptic zombie flick.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Read your post and watched it immediately. Wish I could give you 10 reps.

16. Buck Turgidson

About every 20 pages someone brings this one up and it puts that story back in my brain. Damn.

Long Strange Trip: netflix(?) doc on the Grateful Dead. Outstanding, if you're interested in that.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Dear Zachery is I'm pretty sure the most heart wrenching thing I've ever watched. Bless those poor grandparents.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Remember: 9/10
    this may be an Amazon exclusive. Tremendous film that moves at a slow burn. Basic premise is former resident of auschiwtz is now old and suffering with dementia. He goes to seek justice against a nazi who ran part of the camp

Wonder Woman
    8/10
    Loved it and the wife loved it. Definitely tier one of super hero movies

The Martian: 10/10
    Late to the party on this one but I absolutely loved it. Great performance from Matt Damon and kept me invested throughout

tmac2k8 likes this.
  19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Man, i was just about to post about "Remember" because of how amazing that movie was. I totally did not see that ending coming. It was pretty solid movie throughout but what a pay off at the end. Really under-rated movie I just don't hear enough about.

justtxyank likes this.
  20. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

Wonder Woman
    8/10. Tearjerker. Proud of DC. Gal Godot is gorgeous and empowering.

Captain Underpants
    6/10. Had to watch out of obligation to my elementary days. Kevin Hart did a great job. A bit cheesy though.

Lion
    6/10. I'm getting really tired of Dev Patel taking every major Indian role. He's annoying on the screen. The beginning and the ends were the best parts of the film. The middle was meh.