1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rate My Team - 2017

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketman95, Aug 21, 2017.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Pretty solid imo

I think cutler is a wasted pick and you could have gotten any skill player instead and stream a backup qb when needed if no one else was available.

I don't like lacy at all but it isn't bad per se. I am not a big fan of handicapping your rb1 but tevin has some value. Not a lot of upside on your rbs.

I think the wr corps is good. Solid group.

eric.81 likes this.
  2. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Thanks a bunch @BigMaloe. I really appreciate the analysis. I hate having the last pick...

I agree w/ you on Jay Cutler. I immediately regretted that pick. There are a few "just a guy" type guys still available in my league that I can drop him for.

Kendall Wright
    Devin Funchess
    Cordarelle Patterson
    Mike Goodwin
    Torrey Smith
    Kenny Golladay
    Dion Lewis
    Latavius Murray
    Chris Samuel
    James White

Any of those scrubs move the needle for you?

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

IMO all are better than cutler lol

But look for upside players that may no produce now but possibly could emerge later on. Players that look useless now but could be put in a position to provide later.

Glaring at your roster I would target rb because that's where you need to get "lucky".

Scour rosters for some backups and younger players that "could" have a path paved for them in the future.

It's like trying to predict the waiver rush weeeks in advanced.

Every year some nobody rb comes out and performs admirably off waivers or some seemingly stupid late pick.

eric.81 likes this.
  4. eric.81

Thanks again @BigMaloe. It's a slow day at the office, so you've given me a nice, time-consuming project.

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Go with Wright, you won't regret it... till he gets injured.

Also, to add to your list of MUST avoids is LaGarrette Blount. Seems like the only team that can use him effectively are the Pats.

I disagree with you on the rookie RBs... some had great value like Kareem Hunt in the double digit rounds before Ware went on IR. Now he's becoming a third/fourth round pick in some leagues. McCafferrey could become PPR gold and Fournette could surprise some people in that Jags offense, if his ankle/foot holds up this season.

eric.81 likes this.
  6. eric.81

Charcandrick West was on waivers in my league, so I went with him. If nobody else has claimed him by Saturday, I'll roll w/ that. I could see Kareem Hunt losing his job...

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Looks good to me. You got Pryor seemingly in a great spot.

To go on what someone said to you about finding a RB. You can also consider is if you think you can find a WR that is undervalued. Perhaps you could trade that player, and possibly with another player down the line for a upgrade at RB.

I have TY Hilton, Pryor, Crabtree as my main WR's. But have Sammy Watkins (drafted 4th ahead of Mike Evans and ODB, but has been injured) Corey Coleman (also the first receiver taken at 15th in draft) and Chris Hogan (with Brady throwing to him and Edelman getting hurt)

I hoping at least one of those guys has a high upside and a good stretch of games and I can trade trade him and maybe Doug Martin or CJ Anderson (both proabale starters) for a clear top 10 player.

Disclaimer: I'm in a 10 team league which is the only way I have a bench like that.

eric.81 likes this.
  8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Good strategy. It's also good to have big names on your roster rather than midseason gem pickups.

For example, one guy in our league drafted Gurley super early (like top 5) in our league last year but ended up parlaying him and Matt Ryan for Aaron Rodgers and Devonte Freeman. Which basically won him the championship.

Those big names Gurley and Ryan helped him pickup up two of the best at their position... just based on name really. Yes Ryan had the best season of his career and was the MVP but he significantly downgraded from Freeman to Gurley which cost him in the playoffs.

I on the other hand picked up Jordan Howard (great move) but couldn't find any takers at my attempt to upgrade my receivers position. I ended up with Hopkins, Landry, and Baldwin in the draft which were inconsistent to say the least... so I ended up dropping Howard in favor of Christine Michael (bonehead) because we have a 5 man bench and I felt i was lacking depth at receiver.

I just missed the playoffs but that goes to show you how much big names are worth in fantasty football.

#48 FLASH21, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I hate Thursday Night Football. Starting to sweat starting Hunt tonight, even though my alternatives are Rob Kelley against PHI or West at CIN. Someone talk me off the ledge and tell me to stay the course with Hunt.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah I don't. I feel like I know more about fantasy. But my order of finishes are 1st, 5th, 11th, and skipped last season to focus on school in the fall (said F it this year haha)

So I have gotten worse every year haha.

Josh Gordon for sure, and holding Adrian Peterson/ Christian Michael cost me a spot in the playoffs the year I finished 5th.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm starting him in all my leagues that I drafted him... even over Leonard Fournette in one.

I wouldn't sweat it and roll with him unless you have a no-brainer option over him.

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Week 1 is a crapshoot. The good news is your opponents will be starting some trash too.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Argh... still have OBJ as a starter, but looking less optimistic for Sunday. Since its a night game... fewer replacement options, but I do have Keenan Allen on the bench (only one available after Sunday night). Even though its versus the Broncos... next man up.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Hey at least you started Kareem Hunt.....

[​IMG]

NewRoxFan and BigMaloe like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

LOL... actually, getting Hunt as a FA add has been a life boat as one of the teams adds Zeke for the season. The team that gambled and took him at the end of Round two and now has a starting backfield of David Johnson and Zeke. Fortunately his WRs are a bit less (Sanders, ARob, Tate) and his QB (Brady) struggled Thursday night. He also benched Gillislee (though hard to blame him that much with his RB starters).

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

QB- Jameis/Tyrod Taylor
    RB1- Melvin Gordon (2nd round)
    RB2- Zeke Elliot (4th round 41st pick)
    WR1- D Hopkins (3rd round)
    WR2- Jordy Nelson (1st round)
    TE- Zach Ertz
    FLEX- Emannuel Sanders
    K- Gano

Bench

Frank Gore RB INDY
    Moncrief WR INDY
    Hunter Henry TE SD
    Chris Thompson RB WAS
    Corey Davis WR TEN

Almost always draft WR-RB-WR-RB

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I had the 4th pick out of 10, snake draft. I'd rate my fantasy skills as a 6 out of 10. Rate me!

QB: Jameis Winston
    RB: Todd Gurley
    RB: Ty Montgomery
    WR: Antonio Brown
    WR: Brandin Cooks
    FLEX: Terrelle Pryor Sr.
    TE: Martellus Bennett
    Def: Pittsburgh
    K: Ka'imi Fairbairn

Bench
    QB: Deshaun Watson (Drafted and dropped Savage)
    RB: CJ Anderson, James White
    WR: Jamison Crowder, DeVante Parker
    TE: Julius Thomas

I feel pretty good about my team. Even after getting killed week one. Am I right or wrong?

18. NewRoxFan

Looks like a really good, well balanced team with good backups (CJA, Parker and Crowder) though the backup QB was a flyer.

19. NewRoxFan

Starters look really strong. Backups (other than Corey Davis... was really hoping to add him this week) not so much.

Obito likes this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So much for that team being a juggernaut.

At this point your team may be that much better than his just based on injuries alone.