1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rap Devil [Eminem Diss]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Most people won’t go at Eminem simply because of the clout he holds in the industry and most can’t lyrically compete, but he’s had beefs with Joe Budden sort of, Benzino, Canibus, and Ja Rule. He destroyed Ja’s career. The Game doesn’t back down from anybody, and he says it best :

LonghornFan and Houstunna like this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

For the ones who think the opinion is split:

What a perfect venue too: not his or Eminem's crowd, so it could have gone either way.

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I'm confused. Are the comments defending MGK?

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

They are not.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Hang out with a bunch of teenagers? Because I've literally seen only 2 people think mgk won.

1. A friend of mine who looks, and acts just like mgk and is a huge fanboy of his. And even he says rn was way better lyrically but he just liked mgks better.

2. Some random Facebook girl who is 22. Who practically said the same thing, that it was just better to listen to.

Some people dont understand or cant catch EMS double meanings and all his mastery.

Btw, at no point was I shocked that you of all people would believe this lulz.. such a fitting what moment

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kind of disappointing that Em already fired back. I would have liked to hear what he had to say about MGK getting booed off the stage at a Fallout Boy concert.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The opinion isn't split, it's definitely pro-Em... but it seems Fall Out Boy's crowd would be more pro-Eminem than MGK due to their years active and general subject matter.

My respect for Em has risen in this thread though, so surely he's happy about that :).

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This whole thing is silly, but...MGK won in my book based on wording. Maybe Eminem is a better rapper but as others have noted, he just talks about being successful.

-simple opinion from the whitest dude on CF

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

mrm32 and Mathloom like this.
  10. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

I've given this a week and listened multiple times to both songs. I've also watched some reaction videos so I could gain a bit more insight in to the bars/disses which went a bit over my head.

Several MGK bars dominate my thoughts when I think of this battle. Eminem's "had to give you a career to destroy it" is - hands down - my favorite from KillShot and likely the only one of his which makes the top 5 bars between the two songs, RE: Kelly 4, Em 1. I get people start falling over at the "Stan, Stan, Son.." but Kelly already had him covered when he rolled with, "Tryna be the old you so bad you Stan yourself..". THAT. IS. COLD.

I like both songs. I'll jam both songs when the kids aren't in the car - but MGK's a bit louder. 4 weeks ago I couldn't name an MGK song, but now I'm eagerly anticipating his next release; meanwhile Em is still Em. From that perspective, and in my opinion, Kelly just took his career up several notches.

Fair game if you think Em won, or even if you think Em dominated. But if you won't acknowledge that MGK's was fire then you either aren't listening closely enough or you really are an Em fanboy. Just sayin...

sammy and Houstunna like this.
  11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

MGK had a catchier song.

Em basically did what Rabbit did to Clarence and we all know who won that battle!

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I think the same guy produced both songs lol

13. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I think this is what it is.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I agree with you about MGK -- it was good. Not sure it "won" or not, but it was good and a good fight.
    If you're eagerly anticipating his next release, he released it a few days ago. The "album" is called Binge ... some prefer to call it "Cringe". They're mostly short cuts. I think out of 9 tracks, only a couple maybe were over 3 minutes. Sadly, I'm not sure it's going to do much for his career. He's already appeared in interviews and said he won't be releasing a response to Em's Killshot.

When I first heard MGK after his viral video for Chip of the Block got hot, I thought he'd be a hit. He's had some success since then, but not much.