1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I doubt if the Rockets can get Avery Bradley. I want to know if Bradley can play some point guard ala Pat Bev. I like his steady defense and shooting. I wouldn't move Luc, Ariza,Tucker or Gordon for him. I wish we could get him on a buyout, that unfortunately is highly unlikely. Hood is likely to get an extension with the Jazz.

da_juice likes this.
  2. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I would take it a step further (totally serious)
    Ryno + EGo + Black (in 2 days) + TWill (in 2 days) + Onauku + 2020 1st (unprotected) + rights to Llull + rights to Gentille
    for
    Melo + PG

The Westbrook Thunder (or OKC Westbrooks) get shooters (Ryno, EGo, & TWill) + backup frontcourt players (Black, Onauku).

Rockets get that 3rd ship!

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Black+Nanu+Williams+second rounder for Johnathan Simmons

4. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

@clutch citizen I think Mirotic would be good here, but I don't know where he'd get minutes unless Anderson was traded.

saleem likes this.
  6. saleem

He is worth more than that, despite being a role player. He is also on 13.3 M for 2 yrs. Orlando will probably want to retain him.

7. JohnMac82

JohnMac82 Member

No trades until the offseason unless someone important gets injured.

8. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Keep Clint Capela, Eric Gordon, James Harden, Chris Paul, and Troy Williams.

Trade everyone else --> including Ryan Anderson and Trevor Ariza.

Lebron of course has won multiple championships with Miami and Cleveland. So I'm sure Daryl Morey has some intentions of potentially making a run at Lebron.

But just like everybody else, Lebron isn't getting any younger and getting Lebron would mean giving up significant talent for an old veteran who has proven he can carry a team to the championship. It sure would bring memories of the Drexler trade(in exchange for Otis Thorpe and Tracy Murray) and the Barkley trade (in exchange for Sam Cassell and Robery Horry).

If Daryl Morey is going to trade for a superstar, he should target young and up and coming guys who have something to prove, like Anthony Davis, or Atentokoumpo. Lebron already has won. He might have lost an edge or motivation to some degree.

elmotsangtt likes this.
  9. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Lebron lost his edge?! He’s arguably having his best season ever right now. Moreover, he may be also be the most ring obsessed superstar in nba history. He will jump ship 0-100 to another team to win. Giannis ain’t going anywhere. We don’t have the trade pieces for Anthony Davis.

fattz, D-rock and saleem like this.
  10. saleem

Lebron hasn't lost any motivation. He is hungry to add another Championship to his legacy. Giannis is awesome and upcoming. I think he is developing into the leader of Bucks. I don't think he will leave them. Davis is very talented, but he is injury prone. I think Lebron has 2 solid years left in him, and that's worth going after, as long as the team isn't blown up in order to obtain him.

D-rock and RocketsTerps like this.
  11. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Bradley can’t really facilitate however he can defend the point and crossmatch like Beverly did. Avery Bradley is a long shot. Only way he’s moved is if Detroit keeps losing and decided to tank. I’m not sure Utah will pay Hood. Donovan Mitchell has Wally Pipped his role. Google it.

saleem likes this.
  12. saleem

I googled Hood again, it seems he will go info 18-19 as a RFA. He may be obtainable, but he is young player who will want minutes, touches and a big role. We need Ariza, Luc and PJ on defense, and complementary offense more than him.

13. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I like the PG idea, but Lebron is such a big piece, you dont mess with anything until he says an affirmative NO to the Rockets.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The beauty of trading for PG is if he walks we can still go after Lebron. I think we could win it all with either of those 2 additions honestly, even though I would agree Lebron would give us an even stronger chance to win over George.

George is also 5 years younger then LeBron, which would extend our window a decent bit.

If I'm Morey I'm offering Gordon, Black and a 1st for George.

15. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Eric Gordon + scraps or Ryno + scraps for Paul George.

Thunder have no leverage so they should take what they can before PG walks.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Happy artificial trade deadline day! ;)

Does Daryl have anything up his sleeves?

Now eligible to be traded:

Houston Rockets
    Tarik Black
    Nene
    Luc Mbah a Moute
    P.J. Tucker
    Troy Williams

FULL LIST

D-rock, Vivi and saleem like this.
  17. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

We should trade for the Bucs Malcolm Brogdon And/or TLC in Philadelphia. #LoveIsLove Get well @Codman

#177 RocketsTerps, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    saleem likes this.
  18. saleem

Nice players. I like Brogdon, however his role would be minimal here. TLC has upside and has a cheap contract,
    I don't see Philadelphia giving him up. Even if they do, it could cost the Rockets a first rounder. I think a first round pick should be utilized to try and get a big instead.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  19. saleem

Lots of love to Codman. I hope he is okay.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

There's no way we trade for Bradley, he's going to get paid next summer (probably by Philly), we don't even have minutes for him.