1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Joe Johnson isn't much of a SG these days. He is a SF/PF. Really he is a stretch PF these days. More like Carmelo-lite. In addition to his shooting he can give you some one on one play in the 2nd unit that the other forwards can't give ya.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  2. The Greyhound 33

Belinelli is being bought out!!!!!!!

s3ts likes this.
  3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I’m wondering if their is a way to keep the team intact but flip Ryno for Melo this offseason.

Of course this is assuming okc would be interested but I think they just might.

First of all they need to lower salary if they want to resign PG13 and Ryno makes almost 7m less than melo.

Second Ryno is a good fit for okc. He can space the floor for russ to run pick and roll with Adams and also play opposite side of PG13.

Houston does it because it gets us off Ryno contract. Melo is more money but for one less year and he prob makes our ceiling a tad bit higher than it is now.

Would you rather have harden/Lebron/cp3/Capela and junk

Or

Harden/cp3/Melo/Capela

W/ luc/green/tucker/Gordon/Ariza/nene/wright

I think the latter might be better.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Just one of those hindsight idea's ... Miami got Forward Luke Babbit for a 2nd round pick .... Dude is shooting a blistering .441 from 3 point land with an Efg% of .622. Pretty sick numbers ..... seems to have been a good option for nights when Ryno is chucking bricks at the Toyota Center rims at a salary of <$1.5m that's a bargain deal for Miami even if he cant play a lick of defense.

jch1911 likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

I rather have Joe and Green.

6. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Yeah... see some of my previous trade proposals.... he would have made Ryno redundant in the off-season plus if Ryno was having an off-night, you could let Babbitt ball for 1/20th the price ;)

7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Orlando Speight and Chris bosh. Lets join houston to get the ring

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Babbitt is only a year younger than Ryno, and not even half the player. Let that sink in for a minute.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I realize all that .... but for the cost of a second round pick you could get a shooter at the position that shoots .441 from 3 point land with an EFG% of .622 to plug in on those nights Ryno is throwing bricks at the rim at home .... sounds like a pretty good option all things considered. Basically Atlanta just wanted to get ridda him ....

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree that home Ryno is a conundrum but Rockets may need to hang onto every available resource, including 2nd round picks, for LeBron sweepstakes next season.

If Speights does get bought out he'd be the better investment. While everyone is thinking deadline trades, Morey is conquering the buyout market, without losing any assets. The guy is always one step ahead.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Speights for Black, if the Magic buy him out. That will also prevent GS
    from re-acquiring him.

elmotsangtt, ApacheWarrior and D-rock like this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

To be expected

D-rock likes this.
  13. saleem

I hope so.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

March 1st

Playoff eligibility waiver deadline.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

People don't realize Ryno does a decent spot up job at whatever is missing at the 3, 4, 5 in spot minutes and actually gets a good rebound, shot deflection, etc... Babbit and all these others can't do that and not even the tiniest bit... lol Then you compound that with having to keep up with the fastest team in the league and knowing when to pick your spots then the realization that just about any player aside from Anderson cannot make it in this system for more than 20 minutes.. I was wrong about Speights because as it turns out he's a backup for spot up minutes only kind of guy.

D-rock likes this.
  16. saleem

Thanks, I was unaware of this.

17. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

If Speights buy out, it is a threat to join warriors. We must trade him to houston to reduce their bench power

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well the trading deadline has passed. So a trade is not allowed.

Speights has a contract for the season of $2.12 mil. Orlando has already paid most of that.
    So the prorated remaining balance on his contract is probably less than $400 thousand by now,
    I would think.

He probably would be picked up by a contender once waived. At the moment the Rockets have the best record.
    Golden State would have first crack at Speights if released today I believe. Teams with the worst records
    have first dibs. Some contender will pick him up off waivers.

Now Frye and Ilyasova are different stories. Each have about $7 mil dollar contracts. Many contenders are
    capped out at the moment. Frye would give us another big body at 6’11” that can hit 3’s (once clearing waivers).

Ilyasova is a carbon copy of Ryan in a sense. Another 6’10” body that can hit 3’s. I would like
    Ilyasova because I don’t trust “Home Ryno”. Ryan can play on the road while Ilyasova plays at home.
    I also find the Ryan Anderson playing center with Ilyasova playing PF interesting. Offense would
    be outer-worldly....but the defense would be in question. That might be a thing that would surprise
    the experts and work tremendously well. Even if it is for just a 10 minute stretch in one pivotal game;
    such as a game 7 vs Golden State.

19. saleem

Ilyasova would be nice to have on the Rockets. I think he is slightly better than Ryan on defense. I don't see him being bought out though.

Frye might be bought out. I'm not sure if he has anything left in the tank, but I trust your judgment.

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

My post earlier wasn’t clear. Should have kept it simple.

Speights waived probably wouldn’t get him to Rockets.
    Speights buyout gives him a choice. Possibly Houston.

Yes, these players need to push for buyouts. Within the next 9 days or so.....before March 1st

saleem likes this.