1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

What would it take to get Anthony Davis here? half the roster?

2. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

nevermind: Kings unloaded 2 big contracts. so does that mean the rockets get rid of capela in the offseason? We giving up two 2nd rd picks for uncertainty on what to do with capela and dj

#442 zcarenow, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

James Harden...nothing else would come close

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not a bad proposal, tbh.

Word is the Kings are going all young and shutting down their vets. They clearly could be a team willing to make moves at the trade deadline. I don't know if they would do this trade, but they clearly are a team that could participate in a 3-way deal depending on the parameters.

Why not? likes this.
  5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

If Detroit ends up selling, Tobias Harris would be perfect at the 4 here. Top choice for me

Mirotic’s hot streak came at the perfect time for Chicago. He’d be my second preference to replace Ryno.

Jaymychal Green would be my third.

tbw914 likes this.
  6. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I would be on board with harris. He only has 1 yr left after this year, so he should be easy to move if Lebron comes. Plus, he can flat out score. We would have to give up a pick to the Pistons for him to get rid of Anderson.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tobias isn’t happening if you’re giving them Ryno in return

the cost of taking on Ryno is AT LEAST 1 1st round pick, then u have to include the cost of giving them value for Tobias

if u want Tobias, be prepared to give up Ego

saleem, BigggReddd and BMoney like this.
  8. fattz

fattz Member

Like your thoughts but Kings need more...
    Add Capela going to Kings and WCS coming to us

9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Smoking

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Contemplating on the possibility of acquiring lebron this off season had me looking into things.

Obviously it would have to be the via opt in and trade method similar to the cp3 trade.

In that case, I have came up with a 4 team trade that could be looked at as 3 hypothetical trades.

Here goes.

Houston out: Ryan Anderson/Eric Gordon/2019 1st/cash
    Houston in: Lebron

Portland out: Evan Turner/2nd
    Portland in: Ryan Anderson/cash

Portland outlook: they receive Ryan Anderson which is an upgrade (imagine that) and is a better fit within their roster. He’s also a better contract (imagine that). They ship a 2nd in return for cash to help grease the trade and help with their luxury tax.

Philadelphia out: Bayless/2019 1st(top 10 protection)
    Philadelphia in: Eric Gordon

Philadelphia outlook: they are losing Reddick I’m sure and they know it. Gordon fits a need and will be on a value contract for 2 more years. They will likely be wanting to start being even more competitive and worried about playoffs. Bayless is old and is an expendable expiring. Also fultz should be hopefully healthy and splitting PG duties with Simmons.

Cleveland out: Lebron
    Cleveland in: Turner/Bayless/hou 1st/philly 1st/portland 2nd

Cleveland outlook: so if they are gonna lose lebron they might as well get paid for it. They would shed about 6-7m. They will probably let isiah and all their expirings walk and that will get them out of the luxury tax and much closer to the regular salary cap. Much greater flexibility with shump and Bayless acting as another 20m in expiring. Let’s them focus in on Kevin Love trades for further assets and salary flexibility.

They are getting great value for someone hat will likely walk anyways. Jumpstart the rebuild with these new assets, the Brooklyn pick, whatever they get from a love trade and being able to tank for a year maybe 2.

Now for Houston it obviously sucks to lose more depth and future 1sts, again, but alas it’s another high end talent. Likely the highest. Our roster will be pretty bare with this new big3.

Gone would be Gordon and Anderson via trade but also cp3, ariza, mbah, green, black and capela are free agents. Leaving you with only rotation players of harden, nene, tucker, lebron, troy Williams, joe chee, onuaku. That sucks...

But of course you resign cp3.
    Resign capela.
    Resign ariza.
    Resign prince.
    Resign green.
    Target vets like wade and Reddick.

Cp3
    Harden
    Ariza
    Lebron
    Capela

Green
    Prince
    Tucker
    Nene
    Zhou Qi
    Troy
    Wade?
    Reddick?
    Backup pg?
    Backup c?

We will be in absolute luxury tax but fuuck that’s a great team

#450 BigMaloe, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    bilaal14, FLASH21 and Deuce like this.
  11. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

check out Cod's new signature...hmmmm

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I like how you found a way to get Cleveland 2 1st round picks. That's the type of thing they would want to come away with in a rebuilding effort and could sell the fanbase on.

*IF* the Rockets could pull that off to get LeBron, I wouldn't be too worried about the bench. Rockets have already shown they can find "Vet Mimimum" type players like Moute and Green that can be decent rotation-worthy contributors. With CP3/Harden/LeBron, you just need guys to fill the cracks.

Paul /
    Harden / Green
    LeBron / Moute / Williams
    Ariza / Tucker / Zhou
    Capela / Nene / Black

Rockets have early bird rights on Black and could bring him back similarly to what they did with Nene last year.
    Rockets will have their MLE. But, will have to watch costs. MLE could be used to target someone like Reddick to replace Gordon.
    Backup PG as a "distributor" might not be a high need with THREE distributors like CP/JH/LJ on the roster. Backup PG would need to be a decent defender and shooter. Which Reddick could play at times.

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. BigMaloe

I can’t see signatures on mobile. Share?

14. BigMaloe

Yeah sure we could also bring back black but at what cost and is he worth it?

I’m not so worried about depth either, because like you said, morey can find cheap contributors.

You would think Wade is an obvious vet minimum target. Black could possibly be resigned for the minimum because idk if anything greater is out there for him.

I’d love Moute to give us the discount again but he likely wants more and I believe with bird rights we can give it to him.

Reddick is an absolute obvious MLE target. Probably maxed out at 3. He wanted 4 here but we said no and he took a one year cash grab in philly. 3years for the MLE could be doable and he is a great fit and a Gordon replacement.

I think this is obviously morey and the rockets best case scenario but I don’t think anything is out of reach or unfair.

I believe Portland would gladly swap turner for Ryan.

I believe if Reddick is walking away from philly they absolutely have interest in Gordon and 15-25 1st rd pick is adequate value with it “possibly” being 10-14. It’s a very even trade imo

And for Cleveland to shed salary and grab a couple 1sts and a 2nd along with salary flexibility is something they would absolutely be interested in post-lebron.

Also btw, thanks for the feedback

Corrosion and Deuce like this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@BigMaloe I also liked how you routed Gordon to Philly. I like Gordon a lot and would hate to see him sent to a crap team. He deserves better. Philly would be a wonderful landing spot for him and a great fit.

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. BigMaloe

Yeah absolutely. A rebuilding or crap team doesn’t want Gordon so you can’t get a top 10 pick. A contender would love him but he’s worth more than a late 1st.

That leaves that edge of the playoffs/pretender status teams loooking to make a jump. Philly is just an ideal team and fit.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Mirotic or Saric for win now and future.

Randle could be an cheap option but his 3pt% sucks balls.

Former bust and now veteran Marvin Williams could be an under the radar move.

Hawks would never do it but Plumlee+Ilyasova for Anderson works.

Let's see what Morey can get done.

18. tbw914

tbw914 Member

I think this is it
    "4 Game Slide=LikeFrench, "Don't Panic." ; But,the "WatchList" is in effect.TooThin=3sVs.Consistency,1Big$ vs.2Roles vs.ByeNewGuy vs. StayPut"

BigMaloe likes this.
  19. tbw914

tbw914 Member

Sorry my b this is it

"Final Year at GCU- - ->BartelsteinFamily
    Stay put? but are these height$ too great to climb? Want some MO?
    -Believe in the burning magic of the Rox, instead of focusing on who may be culpable.
    -Work with the Lak3Sh0ow'6? Hi Jordan, not Michael.
    -1/1-2-8: The battle of the untouchables. Neurotic - #8mileRoad's Hakeem wants out. #Tmac's5VStomping4Grounds needs release (please, Morey?) //Get VUC'd
    #FreeBirds are chirping (Gerald Green escaped the nest first. the #FreeMason is begging for day trips to Galveston lol)
    WildCardWelcomeHome? Washed14
    *Disclaimer: The Ears are constant, but they don't always deliver.And, I apologize, but try my best to share. (Melo hurt...still burns.)
    *Luc was a great Ear,Lou Will was a good Ear. Smoov was a quick Ear call. Hell, Jordan Hamilton was like a pizza delivery.
    *Shout out to @Clutch for everything, and @CyberX for the truth!"

saleem, D-rock, dlite316 and 2 others like this.
  20. da_juice

da_juice Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycujld9v

Houston Out: Williams, Onaku, Anderson
    Houston In: Powell, McRoberts (also works with Wes Matthews) and Ed Davis (also works for Aminu)

Dallas Out: Nerlens Noel, Powell/Roberts OR Wes Matthews
    Dallas In: Meyers Leonard, Evan Turner and Troy Williams, 2018 Lakers pick (via Portland)

Portland Out: Ed Davis, Turner, Leonard
    Portland In: Anderson, Noel, Onaku

Portland gets to take a chance on a young big man, gets a four to space the floor whole