1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

He's available for peanuts, really? He was compared to Kawhi/Arrest coming out and he's certainly lived up to it on D. I'd trade for him, or Aaron Gordon.

Rockets can't limit themselves in hopes for LeBron next season. If LeBron is really coming then work it out when it happens, until then keep improving team for postseason. Ultimate goal is championship, not necessarily LeBron. If LeBron really wants to play for Rockets then money should not deter him, he's got plenty and will continue to get plenty on or off court.

Stanley and Nerlens Noel, make it happen Morey! Both guys are there for the taking, their value has never been lower.

2. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I want Tobias Harris if he's available. Obviously his value has spiked this year (he's been underrated for the past few years), and Detroit doesn't exactly have many other guys worth a damn, but they are stuck in .500 land and who knows...all I know is that he'd be a great fit as the frontcourt scorer we were looking for in targeting Melo.

BigggReddd and bilaal14 like this.
  3. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Lol harris ain't going nowhere.

Johnson is on the block

D-rock likes this.
  4. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

5. s3ts

s3ts Member

6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

BigggReddd likes this.
  7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Hmm. But Lebron is coming here if he leaves.

8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

9. ballgame

ballgame Member

Has anyone heard anything solid?? MDA can't afford to play Anderson down the stretch of games due to his lack of defense and shot making. He missed several open shots in the 2nd half on yesterday.

I don't see Cousins, Mirotic nor anyone meaningful but if we could take someone who in other areas, like rebounding and blocks shots.....I'll do it.

What about John Henson and Jabbari Parker for Anderson? Henson adds block shots and defense and Jabbari is worth a look, he should be back this month.

10. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Unloading Anderson should be priority for Rockets

bilaal14 likes this.
  11. ballgame

ballgame Member

Correct!! I think Anderson is by far at the lower end of Power Forward rankings. With him and Capela along the frontline, it makes us extremely weak upfront. We need some muscle or length along the frontline. If we decided to keep Capela, I would go after Henson, just to add shoot blocking and rebounding.

Anderson is so ineffective, he has basically become a zero on both ends of the court

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  12. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

HOU GETS: Wesley Matthews, Devin Harris
    DAL GETS: Ryan Anderson, Troy Williams, 2021 1st Rounder, 2020 Grizzlies 2nd rounder

Ditch Ryno's contract, receive a 3&D wing and a solid backup guard we can trust to run the offense. Start Tucker or Mbah Moute at the PF position. Both are expiring contracts (Wes has an option but banking he declines in exchange for a sweetheart deal after we've made our big signings/moves in the offseason.)

Dallas gets Dirk-lite to spread the floor as he grows closer to retirement (gives DSJ and Barnes someone to work with), takes a flier on Williams, and receives draft picks for compensation.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Barera instead and it’s a deal but I’ll settle for Harris if need be

14. Why not?

Why not? Member

The Time is Now

Let's bring DeAndre home! The Clippers learned last night when DeAndre didn't say a word or back up any of his Clippers teammates that his allegiance is already with the Rockets. He's fed up with Austin's BS, Blake's BS, and Doc's BS. He knows that Lou is carrying this team of nitwits right now and that it can't last. He's hurt and they're winning anyway, but we need the muscle.

As improved as Clint Capela has been this year, he still does better in limited minutes. His conditioning and physical strength still need much work. He's only 23, so putting him back on the bench would do wonders for our 2nd unit. (And it might also drive down his value JUST A TAD for his upcoming free agency this offseason.)

Here's the trade: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybz9sb3n

We get:
    -DeAndre Jordan

Clippers get:
    -George Hill
    -Kosta Koufos
    -2018 2nd Round Pick from Houston
    -2019 2nd Round Pick from Houston

Kings get:
    -Ryan Anderson

Why we do it: We are small, this makes us big. Real big. I bet DJ re-signs for the 12-15M range super cheap this offseason to stay at home too. I love Clint but DJ is exactly what we need. And his lack of ride or die for the Clippers last night only makes me believe he is already ride or die for us. COME HOME DJ! PJ or Luc can handle starting PF duties until Lebron gets here.

Why the Clippers do it:
    What is DJ even worth right now? He's hurt. Everyone knows he wants to come to Houston, so he's a rental for everyone except us. That drives his value down immensely. He seems like a man on an island. The Cavs aren't trading the Brooklyn pick for a DJ rental. While George Hill hasn't played well this year, that is probably an outlier. He's played well everywhere else in his career and he doesn't seem to have physically lost a step yet--so it's gotta be about fit. I like his fit next to Lou and he would allow Doc to not have to start rookies and G-Leaguers at the point. Koufos is a quality big that will help bring maturity to the locker room. The most they can squeeze out of Morey this time (because he learned his lesson right?) is a couple of 2nds. And they probably don't want anybody else from our locker room coming over to theirs anytime soon anyway lol.

Why the Kings do it:
    The point has been made in this thread already that the Kings must be somewhat interested in taking on Ryan Anderson (at least versus some of their other bad contracts they already have). George Hill wants out and Sacramento wants him gone. It's been rumored that they want to rid themselves of Koufos also, probably to open up minutes for some of their younger guys. Ryno is from Sacramento and seems like he may just need a change of scenery as well to regain his true form. He's also the kind of solid veteran presence the Kings have been looking to build around. He spaces the floor nicely for De'Aaron Fox also.

Get 'er done Maury!

s3ts, BigggReddd, fattz and 2 others like this.
  15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Anderson for Jabari Parker??? Jabari Parker is a rising star on a cheap contract and Anderson has negative value... but we'd even get Henson thrown in?

BigggReddd and MrSabotage like this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Black, Williams and a 2nd for Brandan Wright.

Grizzles got no use for him as an expiring 30 year old bench player, might as well swap him for Black and net a 2nd.

I think Wright would be perfect in this teams system, brings length, shot blocking, runs the court well, and most of all is a major lob threat.

da_juice, bilaal14 and Chamillionaire like this.
  17. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Video game override trade

BigggReddd likes this.
  18. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Smoking

19. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=y86pw6fb

DJ and Cavs 2nd to Houston
    Thompson and Cavs 1st to LAC
    Capela and Fournier to Cavs
    Anderson and Cavs 2nd to Magic

Cavs unload picks for a good scorer off the bench and a better, younger center. We get DJ and Clippers get a first rounder. Anderson returns to Orlando and they get rid of someone on their trade block.

jb86 likes this.