1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. rockets13champs

If we trade for George and sign CP3 I really like the addition of Ersan Ilyasova he is a cheaper Ryan Anderson
    He shot best in his Milwuakee days where he was 46% from 3 but his career averages are at 35% I can see it be around 38-40% with the wide open looks Cp3 and Harden would give him.
    Ersan Can do everything Ryan Anderson almost close to the level he does i think his market value will be as low as veterans minimum because I think he wants to sign for a chip contender at this stage of his career. And he would be willing to do so.

Dream Lineup next season is
    Cp3/Collison
    Harden/Lou
    George /Ariza
    Ilyasova/Qi/Oliver
    Capela/Nene/Harrell

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  2. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Been bored at work today, I haven't been really too focused on the NBA off-season this year. Definitely not as much as I normally do.

Combining some rumors I have read, I put together my shot at a major trade.

HUGE (unrealistic trade)

Houston Out: Anderson, Williams, Gordon, Beverley, Dekker, Onuaku, rights to Hartenstein, 2018 1st Rounder
    Houston In: Anthony, Porzingis, Paul (sign and trade), O'Quinn

I took a shot at filling out the roster with minimum contracts but I wasn't too sure who would be willing to take a minimum contract for a shot at a ring.

Sign/Resign:
    Nene-vet minimum
    Patterson- vet minimum
    Tucker- vet minimum
    Young- vet minimum
    Afflalo- vet minimum
    Allen- vet minimum
    Sessions- vet minimum
    D. Williams- MLE

Paul/Williams/Sessions
    Harden/Afflalo/Allen
    Anthony/Young/Tucker
    Porzingis/Patterson/Harrell
    Capella/Nene/O'Quinn

Why? Rockets are actively engage in pursuit of Chris Paul, common knowledge. According to Joel Blank on ESPN Radio, They are also monitoring the Carmelo situation for a possible buyout. They take a chance at acquiring two veterans with a legitimate up and coming star. Also, Melo and Paul are Lebrons buds and there has been chant that they want to play together. This allows some great recruitment tools in the future.

New York Out: Anthony, Noah, Porzingis, O'Quinn
    New York In: Anderson, Gordon, Williams, Onuaku, Hartenstein,

Why? Phil has stated that he would like two starters and picks/youth for Porzingis, along with Noahs contract being taken on. This allows him to move Carmelo simultaneously while grabbing two starters, youth, and a sixth man of the year candidate. While they do not gain picks they move all of their dead contracts at the cost of giving up Porzingis, which apparently he is willing to do...

Los Angeles Out: Paul
    Los Angeles In: Rubio, Ariza, Aldrich, Bjelica, 2018 Houston 1st

Why? This is hugely contingent on Paul choosing the Rockets in the FA frenzy. If the Clippers stand to lose Paul for nothing, why not obtain some quality starters to fill the holes potentially left by Paul, Griffin, Reddick, among others. They also obtain a late first rounder.

Minnesota Out: Rubio, Bjelica, Aldrich
    Minnesota In: Noah, Beverley, Dekker

Why? Minnesota has not been very secretive about their desire to move Rubio. Noah and Thibs already have a great relationship and Thibs knows how to get the best out of him. They get a legitimate starting point guard who was Defensive First Team which is sure to attract a defensive minded coach like Thibs. They also add Dekker who could be a quality young wing off the bench.

Rokman and JohnMac82 like this.
  3. rockets13champs

That's impossible and a horrible trade

justtxyank likes this.
  4. JD88

JD88 Member

What would it take to get Roberson and have him shoot catch and shoot corner 3s all season?

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Good question...i'm actually really curious to see how much money he's going to get...and call me crazy, but i'd like to get him here lol (if somehow cheap)

craguin, JD88 and Sanity2disChaos like this.
  6. JD88

JD88 Member

I'm thinking the same thing.

CP3 and Roberson could guard the best 2 wings, Harden takes the non-threat.

Roberson would never need to touch the ball on offense except to knock down a corner 3 or drive every now and then.

His price may be cheap enough because everyone saw what a liability he was on offense. In Houston, his game matters not.

Just knock down the open jumper.

craguin likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i mean, his defense is definitely elite, he can lock down 3 positions, to me, all things considered he's probably one of the top 3 perimeter defenders as today, maybe the best.

You have still to consider his offense though, you're right about the fact that he would basically never touch the ball here, but on the other hand teams would let him shoot wide open doubling other players...and there's also that orrible ft% to deal with...

It's really hard to me make a prediction of what's gonna happen with him this summer...in the end, i'd say other teams will not risk much money on him and he'll end up staying in OKC for a pretty cheap contract, like 8/10x...this guy really just needs to work on his shot, if he'll ever reach 65% from the ft line and like 33% from the 3pt, at that contract he will be a really good piece for OKC.

saleem, craguin and BigMaloe like this.
  8. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Looking at every roster non guaranteed contracts: (far fetched scheme)

Trade: Eric Gordon ($12.9) x (Bulls) Rondo ($13.4)..........................then release.
    Trade: Trevor Ariza ($7.4) x (76ers) Gerald Henderson ($9.0)............... release.
    Trade: Lou Williams ($7.0) x (Miami) Wayne Ellington ($6.3)...................release.
    Trade: ......Beverley ($5.0) x (Jazz) Boris Diaw ($7.5)..................................release. Jazz want Bev but may not help.

You can work in picks either way.

Sign and Trade: Ryno($19.5), Dekker($1.8), Harrell($1.5) x (Atl) Millsap....(Keep)

In order to have a "Big 4" I would need each to take about $20 mil. Including Harden restructuring his
    extension for a lesser amount. Do they(the stars) want to beat the Warriors or not?

All approximates:
    PG) CP3 ($21 mil).............*Isaiah Taylor ($1.3 mil)
    SG) Harden ($21 mil).........Korver (shot 45% from 3)..($?)
    SF) Hayward ($21 mil).......Alessandro Gentile..............($?)
    PF) Millsap ($21 mil)...........Zhou Qi................................($?)
    C) Capela ($2.33 mil).........Chinanu ($1.3 mil)

+ $$ for whichever vet wishes to join the D'Ant system and chase a ring possibly instead of Korver/Gentile.

* Isaiah Taylor (6'3") 1.7(3PM), 3.8(3PA), .457(3P%), .816(FT%), 6.0(Ast)......with RGV Vipers

I like Jon Diebler but I believe he just signed with yet another foreign team.

I would like Ibaka, but it's hard to trade Ryno contract without taking salary back. Thus a SnT for Millsap
    because I don't think Raptors assist in SnT for Ibaka. Atl is on the record saying they will SnT Paul.

Other non guaranteed contracts in league:
    Dunleavy($5.2), Tyler Zeller($8), Devin Harris($4.4), Mike Miller($3.5), T Black($6.7), CJ Watson($5.0),
    Ezeli($7.7), Barbosa($4.0).........Boston and Lakers prob don't help with Zeller or Black.

I believe Paul George will end up with LeBron in Cleveland. Chris Paul probably does like D'Antoni.
    Can't wait to see how Morey works his magic this offseason. Add: Oliver/Peak/De Paula into the
    equation. Lot of moving parts so probably won't happen. I'm sure Morey plan also has a lot of
    moving parts also.

#3328 Jatman20, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  9. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

10. basketballholic

Bev and a second or maybe two seconds/cash for Diaw and a first within the next couple days is possible.

#3330 basketballholic, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  11. craguin

craguin Member

Wicky!

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We really have to package a 2nd or even two and cash for a Jazz 1st?

Hopefully Hayward gone, or it's OKC's 1st, because Bev and a 2nd for a late 1st sounds sucky.

13. basketballholic

Ummmmmm. It's also about getting Boris the player and Boris the contract. There is value there. Bev for the first. Cash and the pick(s) for Diaw.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Assuming we'd be making that trade just because Diaw is a non-guaranteed deal? That's too bad really, he'd be a good roster member.

15. basketballholic

Yeah he would. Especially if we had other roster members on the roster with him.

16. BobbySura69

BobbySura69 Member

Milwaukee- Reggie Jackson, Montrez Harrell, Hou 2019 1st round pick

Detroit- Ryan Anderson & Hou 2nd round pick

Indiana- Eric Gordon, Sam Dekker, Hou 2020 unprotected 1st round pick

Houston- Paul George, Khris Middleton

17. tc0330

tc0330 Member

HOU receives: Nicolas Batum, Frank Kaminsky (would rather have him) or Cody Zeller
    CHA receives: Ryan Anderson, Pat Bev

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7eebv5d

Thoughts? Throw Batum at SF, immediately upgrades our SF spot and gives us another big. Charlotte receives two viable assets to use or trade for future. I think with this, we forget about CP3 and focus on Blake Griffin and Paul Millsap. Ariza and Lou could then be trade chips for whatever's needed. Something like this possible without killing our team/reserves?

18. Rokman

Rokman Member

How about this:

Trade nobody. Man up as a team and beat the **** out of the Warriors old school Rockets style. That's what I want to see.

19. basketballholic

You're saying waste Harden's prime. These guys played their hearts out and couldn't eek by the Spurs much less the Warriors.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And the point of this trade would be? Better be a domino for something bigger.