1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. bj3175

bj3175 Member

considering we have to deal with the lakers. What about Joakim Noah and Jamal Crawford.In our offernser Crawford can get buckets

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Spurs...Pop probably will only deal with Toronto, Bucks and Miami only anyway; but it would shore up our
    depth. Lyles has enough sand in his pants to make AD work to get around him. Tucker is a mismatch
    due to size.

Lyles contract next season is non guaranteed

D Carroll contract is ideal for the Rockets. A moderate $7M for a decent SF is a steal moving forward.
    Even backing up House.

#342 ApacheWarrior, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    saleem likes this.
  3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Getting one of them can definitely happen. But I think Morey is limited to only one move to make (excluding buyouts) due to lack of assets and salaries. I’d welcome Carrol but feel like we’ll have to wait until the trade deadline for Morey to see ALL the options out there. Also, Carrol less likely if his contract next year is guaranteed also. Could be wrong but I can’t see Morey grabbing someone who’s on the books next year. Hope I’m wrong.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Lyles non guaranteed next season $5.5M
    Carroll guaranteed next season at $6.7M......followed by non guaranteed $7M.

Morey would love this to trade or cut off the books.

Rockets have one of the top 5-man units around: from what I see from nba.com (Denver has 2): looking at 10 games
    or more, over 100 mins logged, ORtg, DRtg, NetRtg, PIE

1) Den: Barton, G Harris, J Murray, J Grant, Jokic:
    12 gms.....120.0 mins....120.0 ORtg.....92.3 DRtg....27.7 net Rtg..........66.2 PIE

2) Bucks: Bledsoe, Matthews, Middleton, G Freak, B Lopez:
    12 gms.....117.0 mins.....111.9 ORtg......90.5 DRtg.....21.4 net Rtg.......61.1 PIE

3) Rockets: Westbrook, Harden, House, Tucker, Capela:
    11 gms......156.0 mins....112.5 ORtg....92.0 DRtg......20.4 net Rtg......60.8 PIE

4) Utah: Conely, Mitchell, R O’Neal, Bogdanovic, Gobert:
    16 gms......229.0 mins......113.4 ORtg.....95.5 DRtg.....17.8 net Rtg.......60.9 PIE

5) Den: Barton, G Harris, J Murray, Millsap, Jokic:
    14 gms......299.0 mins.......111.7 ORtg......95.9 DRtg....15.8 net Rtg.......58.6 PIE

6) Raps: Van Vleet, Anunoby, Powell, Siakam, Gasol:
    16 gms......170.0 mins.......113.0 ORtg......98.0 DRtg.....15.0 net Rtg......56.3 PIE

Spurs with Lyles was right behind Houston in minutes with 5-man lineup.

So starting lineup is not an issue in my opinion, it’s the depth. D Carroll and Lyles would help tremendously since
    Tucker could slide over and help out at SF. Warriors would beat the Cavs/LeBron with a platoon system
    of Klay, Iggy, Draymond, Harrison Barnes, Durant, Livingston (in different years).....House, Carroll, Tucker
    would fair well imo.

Rockets would be complete and remain top 5 in ORtg while climbing into the top 10 in DRtg....if not top 6.

Clippers: L Williams, Beverley, P George, Leonard, Harrell:
    5 gms....22 mins.....104.0 ORtg.......80.9 DRtg......23.1 net Rtg...................73.4 PIE
    (They are just getting started)

Gordon coming back should help out our bench, but people shouldn’t assume Clippers, Lakers, Bucks, Raps,
    Utah don’t have a trade up their sleeves to improve further as well.

fckbandwagons, saleem and Gray_Jay like this.
  5. BigBum

BigBum Member

Aaron gordon is available,

Capela for Gordon?

better fit to Brick?

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

The obsession and unrealistic ideas about Aaron Gordon. What is it with this site and AG?

First off, he is not confirmed available. Read. Teams are interested in him. Not Orlando is interested in getting rid of him.

So say teams are interested in him, “Hey Magic, here is Capela for AG so we can have no Center/rim protector and you could have more centers! Vuc Mo Bamba Capela, sometimes Birch...would you want us to include Nene too? It will make clutchfans so happy!”

Give it a rest for AG

7. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I think that the best hope that the Rockets has is on the buyout market. Below is the ideal scenario.

Iggy is bought out and goes to the Clippers. Him choosing the Rockets over the Clippers is unrealistic.

Then two to three of Ariza, Marcus Morris and Portis are bought out and one of them chooses the Rockets.

I don’t know how realistic it is for those players to be bought out or if any of them would choose Houston, but one of those three could seriously help.

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

Ariza is coming if buyout, no one else is coming.

Kings can make playoffs this year.

9. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

8th seed is going to be a close race again this year. If the kings stay within contention, then I can see the Kong’s keeping him. Either that or using him as a trade chip. He only has 2.5m guaranteed next season.

saleem likes this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

You are right, but Gordon fits our needs so well. They are loaded with bigs most of which are better than Capela. Our Gordon for their Gordon benefits both teams but Eric can’t be moved this season so we wait. This or one very similar is the only move Morey should consider because most anything else would be going backwards and spending assets for little to no gain. Morey has done a very good job building this years team all we need is someone to coach what is already here.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Super job Apache.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Ariza is going to the Lakers if he is bought out (which he won’t).

Deuce and RocketsTerps like this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Thank you for the kind words saleem

Our starting 5 is up there with the best. Seems McLemore is outstanding as a starter going by last nights
    game (debating if McLemore should start with House behind him). I’m looking at Carroll/Lyles but not just
    targeting them since the NBA is a work in progress. Spurs could run off 10 straight wins or something
    and take them off the sellers market.

At the moment Carroll is getting 11 minutes a game and looks to be in Pop’s doghouse. Combo is
    averaging about 6 points a game with the Spurs. Probably won’t get Spurs much back in return if
    things remain the same; but I do believe they could flourish in Houston though.

Gerald Green ($2.6M) and Nene ($2.6M) are in play for a trade since neither are likely to be in Rockets plans
    this season. Both can be cut by the receiving team to avoid occupying roster spots.

Throw in a Thabo ($2.6M) maybe?
    or
    Hartenstein ($1.4M guaranteed) / Gary Clark ($1.4M non guaranteed) thrown in to get us that depth.

Gordon can’t be traded until after the trading deadline in March, so he is probably not going anywhere.
    Tucker is the heart and soul of the team.....probably not going anywhere.
    Westbrook/Harden not going anywhere
    Not sure Capela will be traded.
    Clemons available if needed in right package deal.

Have a good day saleem

saleem likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I’m interested in Lyle, but I will settle for Carroll. Clemons could be available as a piece for a solid 4, perhaps. I hope DM will be able to pull off a Josh Smith type of a deal with some luck. Thanks Apache, have a great day.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

lol Aaron gordon....clutchfans white whale. I swear his name will never die...no matter how unlikely it is for us to get him

BaselineFade likes this.
  16. BigBum

BigBum Member

Knicks now give up Kevin Knox, trying to reduce his time from 12 minutes a game to .....

how about Hart and 2020 first for him?
    Add trade chips if needed.

knox has a long arm, young Ariza.

#356 BigBum, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I wish we could have Trez back and a healthy Luc :(

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Knox looking like a big bust so far, but the guy is still very young and has potential...i wonder if/how much the Knicks awful managment is holding his development back but i'd trade a 1st for him instantly, worth the gamble considering his age.

Still not sure you can get him with just a meh 1st rounder and Hartenstein, although the Knicks are probably close to have to make a decision with him, if they wait one more year and he doesn't get any better they won't get anything out of him.

And fwiw, i don't see the Rockets go after him anyway, too young and unproven, would probably ride the bench here anyway as long and he won't hit shots consistently.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Healthy Luc doesn’t exist.

It sucks because we really did want to hold onto Trez, but the numbers meant we had to include him. Looking back now had we decided to replace Lou with EG in the trade then the numbers would have worked. I won’t downplay EG’s contributions by saying Lou would have been better for us, quite certain he wouldn’t have, EG has had big games for us and I do believe if he gets healthy he’ll bring it again, but today if it meant also have Trez, that would have been something.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Westbrook, Nene, McLemore

For

Fournier and Vucevic

Or

Westbrook

For

Fournier and Gordon