1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Who do you have in mind?

2. basketballholic

Well look at the expiring salaries possibly available. There's a myriad of possibilities.

What do you think?

3. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

He reminds me Ron Harper at age 34 he was playing 28 mpg and having big impact on D in some matchups and he is prob. better than Ennis anyway

4. ilias

ilias Member

Two weaknesses in the rotation: starting SF and back-up PF/C

Starting SF: Porter is the dream via trade, but our assets may not be enough, and he may not even be available. Demarr Carol in the buyout market would be a great candidate.

Bench PF/C: I like Portis and Jamychal Green. Both expirings, playing for teams that have better long-term options in their positions (Lauri and Carter for Chicago, Jackson Jr for Memphis), so should be available via trade for a first. Portis can hit the 3 and roll to the rim.

A 9-man rotation of Paul, Harden, Carol, Tucker, Capela with Gordon, Ennis, Clark, Portis off the bench (Green, Nene playing spot minutes) would give us a 50% chance of beating Golden State.

saleem likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Since Knight is injured and unlikely to play, who do you think can be a replacement for him? CP3 can't do all the heavy lifting by himself.

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Our backup PG situation is kind of a tough sell. It's either CP3 with Harden at the 2 or Harden running point with EG flanking him. That's why Nelson passed on us last year, if I recall correctly, because his minutes and a defined role weren't promised.

That said, I'm keeping an eye on T.J. McConnell and Shabazz Napier. T.J. is being underutilized in Philly and eventually Brooklyn is going to clean house.

saleem likes this.
  7. BigBum

BigBum Member

I think Knight can only be traded for JR Smith or someone like Wesley Matthews.

Wizards will not take Knight/nene/Chriss Contracts for Porter, even if you add 2 Firsts.

You guys are asking too much for Knight contract.

saleem likes this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Mmmm.........maybe you can get James Johnson. Knight's salary matches Johnson's but runs a season less and would save the Heat some money. Of course, you'd have to give them draft pick considerations.

baller4life315 likes this.
  9. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

I'd keep an eye on Memphis. If they keep winning and stay healthy, they likely keep their team together. If not, Garrett Temple and JaMychal Green become interesting targets. Both on expiring deals for about $8 mil a piece, both versatile defenders (Temple can play 2-3 with a little 1, Green can play 4-5), both fit in our switching defense. Also above average shooters: Temple is a 38.9% 3PT shooter over the last three years (3.5 3PApg), Green is a 36.3% 3PT shooter over the last three years (2.0 3PApg).

Maybe Brandon Knight, Marquese Chriss, and a pick could intrigue Memphis. Maybe you just target Green for Chriss, Nene, and a pick, as Memphis already has it's new starting PF going forward in Jackson.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah I was jealous when Memphis nabbed Temple. But I think they’re content with keeping this team, don’t see anything going sideways. They’re competing and developing Jackson at the same time.

11. PWR

PWR Member

Rockets get:
    Kyle Korver
    JR Smith

Wizards get:
    Colin Sexton
    Brandon Knight
    Rocket's 1st round pick

Cavs get:
    John Wall
    Marquese Chriss

Rockets get veteran snipers for the bench. Need them especially if EG is going to continue shooting like garbage.

Wizards get rid of disgruntled Wall and his crazy contract. They get young Sexton (#8 pick 2018) & veteran Knight to run the show + one first round pick from Houston.

Cavs get an all-star to pair with Kevin Love for the next 4 yrs.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Interesting. I don't really think that KK or JR could help us out much as I think they're both washed*, but dumping BK's $15.6MM next year for the ~$7MM owed to KK and JR is a nice exchange. I'd just be hesitant to lose a 1st rounder here.

*Admittedly I haven't really looked into these two players closely, but from my infrequent observations they look washed.

PWR likes this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If we could do a straight up BK for JR I'd jump on it in a second.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

16. PWR

PWR Member

Maybe...

Houston gets:
    James Johnson
    Tomas Satoransky

Washington gets:
    Goran Dragic
    Brandon Knight
    Marquese Chriss
    Rockets 2nd round pick

Miami gets:
    John Wall
    Markief Morris

Houston adds another 6'8" defensive forward (Johnson) & a 6'7" passing point guard (Satoransky) that filled in really well when John Wall missed 30 games last year. He is a career 41% three point shooter & can give CP3 some rest.

Washington gets rid of Wall's contract. They get back all short contracts (knight&chriss have 1 yr; dragic has 2 yrs), so they can start their rebuild soon.

Miami gets an all star point guard & forward depth.

joshuaao and Embrace the clutch like this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would like that. Washington would probably want more from Morey in order to get the job done.

PWR likes this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

19. basketballholic

is that realistic?

Then why post such drivel?

See....you're supposedly a stat guy, a numba cruncher...I mean...seriously...do you think Cleveland is r****ded? JR is an expiring contract. Knight isn't. That deal would cost us a first rounder. Do you think that's worth it??????

get real dude.

20. basketballholic

Isaiah Hartenstein for Richaun Holmes straight up.