1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rand Paul Currently Detained by TSA

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Hightop, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Hightop

Hightop Member

On the list of stupid things the Transportation Security Administration could do for their public image: detaining Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, the politician most anxious to abolish them, is probably right near the top.

But that's exactly what just happened, his Communications Director, Moira Bagley has confirmed it in a tweet.

There is currently no information on why the Senator was detained, or why he is considered a threat to fly.

Kelly O'Donnell is reporting that aides say Paul was detained when he refused a full-body pat-down, after the scanner went off. Paul lifted his pant-leg to show he had no metal, and asked to be re-screened. He was denied this request.

I think we can safely say that the liberty-loving Senator is likely to be a threat to the TSA from now on.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/brea...um=social&utm_campaign=politics#ixzz1kIUqVAIw

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I think most likely it is Rand think he is above the law and do not need to follow the rules that pertains to us small people.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I hate the new TSA protocol but this is likely nothing more than a staged event.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's amazing what age does to a woman...

[​IMG]

7. Hightop

Hightop Member

He had vowed to filibuster PIPA tomorrow. Hoping this doesn't affect that.

8. Major

Major Member

Given that PIPA was shelved several days ago, it won't. And I don't think TSA detentions last multiple days. :confused:

9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

it is obama and the TSA who think they are above the law and dont need to follow the rules (ie: constitution). rand paul is trying to stick up for "us small people".

10. esteban

esteban Member

Meanwhile the "triple crown weave queen Sheilla Jackson Lee" does not have to go through airport security. Call me paranoid but I think Barry is enjoying this, by humiliate Americans under the guise of keeping us safe!

11. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Fixed it for ya....:grin:

12. Nook

Nook Member

Someone should tell Rand that he is not above the rules that everyone else has to follow...

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

someone should tell obama and his TSA that they are not above the constitution.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Not just age... it is make up and photoshopping. Met her in 1999 in Prague and she looked very different in person. She is light skinned, so make up makes a pronounced difference... it isnt just women either, men are the same way.

15. Nook

Nook Member

We really shouldn't go through this again... been debated hundreds of times before. All I will say is if the rules are that everyone needs to pass inspection, then Rand Paul should not be an exception. I know your opinion and respect it...

16. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

If he doesn't like the law, he can work to change it, but when all of us have to follow the law, he should not be above it.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

How is he acting like he is above the law?

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This will look good on his resume in 2016 when he runs for president.

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Paul doesn't think he is an exception. He thinks nobody should have to pass through TSA inspection.

20. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Doesn't the Constitution say something about members of Congress being free from arrest? Of course, this being a "detention," I'd reckon they could hold him as long as they'd like.